What games are you looking forward to?

+
Those animations look straight out of Oblivion. I've never seen really good melee combat in first person. That said, the game has potential.

Dishonored
Thief (4) if it ever release :/
Hitman Absolution
Cyberpunk
AC 3 maybe, I don't know yet
Watchdogs

Wish:
Skyrim Nightingale DlC. I really liked the Theves guild quest, but I felt, that the Nightingale line was unfinished/idle, I hope they planned something with it.

slimgrin said:
Those animations look straight out of Oblivion. I've never seen really good melee combat in first person. That said, the game has potential.

To acheive a good FP melee combat it would be need include others variables than eyes and ears, and the reaction rate of the sight of a trained fighter. The human eye sends more information than captures (distances, approaches, lights, difference between volumes and planes) but combined with sounds, touch (body heat and ambient air currents ...), and memory . Get reproduce these effects would require a dramatically powerful engine, let alone their programming .... Imagine adding to those variables the tall and weight of the character....

slimgrin said:
^^^Definitely looking forward to that one. I'm usually not much for platforming, but Mark of Ninja is supposedly coming to PC and it's got excellent reviews for the gameplay. Time to dust of that Logitech controller, haven't touched it in years.

This does look good. I might be mistaken but I think its by the same devs who did the Shank games. I'm not a big platform player but those were fun to play. Will keep an eye out for this one.

I'm looking forward to:
Dishonored
This game looks promising. It could be a really good game if done right. I'll wait until it comes out, read reviews, and, providing the reviews are good, buy it.

Elder Scrolls Online
I'm a less biased person than most people (or more biased, depending on the way you look at things). Most people think this game will suck. Why? Because it's an
Elder Scrolls MMO. I DO believe this could suck. It DOES look like it won't feel like an Elder Scrolls game. But as a singular experience, it might be good, maybe even great! If it doesn't get good reviews, though, I'll skip it for Guild Wars 2.

Day Z
I think I'll wait for the version of this game that is a singular game and not just a mod. It looks fascinating, and overall a nice challenge.

Wasteland 2
I haven't ever played the original game, but I HAVE played Fallout 2 some, and while it IS hard, it's fun. When I first heard of this game, it was too late to fund it. I loved the idea, and I'll probably pre-order it. I think I'll give all my characters portraits of the actors/actresses I would give the roles of my characters to. Like Bruce Campbell to a sort of snarky Warrior/Rogue who excels at backstabbing, lockpicking, the chainsaw, and the 'boomstick'.

Dragon Age III: Inquisition
I'll admit it. I'm not just looking forward to this game. I'm probably going to pre-order it. I think I'll be a sarcastic archer, and a dwarf, if allowed. I was among the ones that actually LIKED DA2. Sure, it had its flaws. But... it was fun, okay! Stop making fun of me! Get away! And... I'll just get this over with. I also... I also liked Mass Effect 3! AND ITS POST-EXTENDED CUT ENDING! AAAAAAAAAH! STOP KILLING ME! AAAAAAAAAAAH! *gets murdered*

Also two more without much info.

Cyberpunk
Fallout 4

There we go!

Another horror game that looks to ramp up the creepy factor. It is a point and click adventure (I knw many here don't care for that style of play), but a very modern feeling one. And wow. Make sure you try the interactive teaser..... ;)

Face The Horror dot com

Hitman, Watch_Dogs, Obsidian's new project, Wasteland 2, and Metro Last Light, and Amnesia Machine for Pigs.

There are others but these are the main ones.

To everyone waiting for XCOM:Enemy Unknown - demo is available on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200510/

gregski said:

http://store.steampo...com/app/200510/

Well, I'm getting the Xbox version so I'll wait. In other news NBA 2K13 demo drops today

gregski said:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200510/

Shame it didn't show off the strategic layer. The tactical combat was fun though, despite somewhat clunky interface. It looked kinda easy, two of my guys got shot and none of them died. I hope that was the easy difficulty.

Guest 3593423

Metro Last Light is at the top of my list, along with Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2.

guipit said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIieSwo6jDQ&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GnuCjueong&feature=plcp

This game just came out 25$ yo

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/buy-from-us

Avowed:
Obsidian's next big RPG. Not much is known about it yet, but I'm keeping an eye on it, see what they can do with all that MS dosh.

Baldur's Gate 3:
Looks more like a Divinty: Original Sin 3 than a proper Baldur's Gate sequel, which is a bit disappointing, but D:OS was great so I'm still excited for it.

Cyberpunk 2077:

Knights of Honor 2:
Mix between Total War and Crusader Kings, made by a Bulgarian studio. Loved the first game and this one looks like it's staying true to it, while expanding/improving some aspects.

The Wolf Among Us 2:
Really enjoyed the original. A bit unsure about this one, with all that's happened with Telltale, but I'm still keeping an eye and hoping for the best.

*Casts Necromancy*

I'm most looking forward to:

- Cyberpunk 2077
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Crusader Kings III - never buy CK games until a few expansions have dropped.
- Balders Gate III
- Horizon: Forbidden West
- Mass Effect Trilogy remake

Balders Gate III

I appreciate that the man in the gif is bald given the offending word. Not sure if it's intentional ... but even happy accidents that make me chuckle are appreciated.

Looks more like a Divinty: Original Sin 3 than a proper Baldur's Gate sequel, which is a bit disappointing, but D:OS was great so I'm still excited for it.
Yeah DoS is great and Faerun is a fun setting, so I feel like joining the two should work. Really hoping they end up including more info on the druid class though.

Last edited:
For me it's:
1) Cyberpunk 2077
2) Baldur's Gate 3 - finished edition
3) Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2
4) God of War Ragnarok
5) The Elder Scrolls 6

But the game I'm most hyped for is Cyberpunk 2077. All the other IPs I know exactly what they are about, but Cyberpunk 2077 have the surprise element. An open world REAL RPG in first person is something I'm really looking foward too, with the Cyberpunk look - something between Blade Runner, Mad Max and Judge Dredd, with dystopic society is a 10/10 concept idea for me.

Baldur's Gate 3 seems to be a very solid experience, but I won't buy it until I can play it at it's full quality. It look great, and seems to be very interesting, putting aside one or two esthetic choices - like how "clean" the characters look - I'd rather have some more savage look that we had in BG2 portraits, but it's a personal preference. The song too is not as powerful as BG2 songs are, but it's a personal preference.

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 get me a little concerned because I don't really know what they're going to do with it, as they fired Brian Mitsoda, but the first one is a legendary and revolutionary game, and that's why I was looking foward to it. I never felt that there was a general gamer community hype for it in the beginning of the process, and now, with all the problems, it seems to be vanished, so I sense that there is a risk that the game will end up being cancelled (I really hope I'm wrong in this one).

Talking about God of War Ragnarok: I think that Cory Barlog already proven himself by renovating the God of War formula, so I expect that the game follow this new path and bring a fantastic story, with great combat mechanics and excelent plot. I have no worries that they'll deliver.

Finally about The Elder Scrolls 6. Well, after Bethesda fails with Fallout, I'm more concerned about The Elder Scrolls franchise than looking foward to it. For me they only announced it to avoid being trashed by people in their conference for what they done to Fallout 76 (releasing a broken multiplayer game, for full price, and microtransaction, charging an annual fee, cutting all story content from it, lying about the game in the conference, charging for mods - that the modder community started, in the first place, to fix all the bugs left in the release).

So the only reason for me to be looking foward to The Elder Scrolls 6 is that I hope Microsoft can manage to deliver a fantastic game (like they did with Forza Horizon 4).

Top Bottom