What games are you looking forward to?

+
Necro !!

None at the moment. I'm looking forward to seeing what CP2077 is all about. Once I see it alive in the wild, I might get really excited about it. I dunno -- we'll see.
  • BG3: Nope. Not after I found out the premise. And double not after I saw that the first 150GB download was about 149GB of cutscenes.
  • TES6: Maybe, if it ever comes to fruition. At the moment, it's in the same vaporware ether as all of Bethesda's other single player endeavors.
If I thought that any of the Total War games had a snowball's chance of making it to GOG, then I'd be looking forward to that. But I don't. Maybe Skyrim will make it GOG some day -- I'd be looking forward to that if/when there's some indication of it.

I might start looking forward to Horizon: Forbidden West when I see more about it. But with the first game having been so successful, my expectation is that Sony will manage to royally screw up the sequel -- like it did with Shadow of Mordor / Shadow of War.

Edit: I just remembered that Shadow of Mordor was Warner, not Sony. Oh well, I still have confidence in Sony's capacity for screwing things up.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk still, although NOT HAPPY JAN still
Scorn
Stray
God of War: Ragnarok
Oddworld: Soulstorm (Abe's Exoddus remake)
Scorn

I don't have particularly high expectations, but I am looking forward to hearing more about Elder Scrolls VI. Who knows, maybe it will, whenever it may eventually release, be a good or even a great game.

Diablo IV - love me a good Dungeon crawl
Assassins Creed Valhalla - I'm a sucker for Norse mythology
Immortals Fenyx rising - and Greek mythology it seems

Other than Cyberpunk, I'm mainly looking forward to Far Cry 6 and Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga. I guess you could say I'm looking forward to Elder Scrolls 6, but I mainly just looking forward to Bethesda's next official announcement at this point.

All Playstation 5 games -
  1. Gran Turismo 7 - I have great childhood memories of playing the simulation mode on GT4 on my PS2. There were 24 hour+ races that you could design strategies for, and I'd wake up excited in the morning to check if my driver won. Very happy to see the mode brought back in GT7.
  2. God of War Ragnarok - Been a GoW franchise fan for as long as I've been gaming. I bought a PS4 Pro GoW Limited Edition and was yelling "Game of the Year!!!!" at the top of my lungs through 2018. Glad that Santa Monica Studios are finally getting the credit they deserve for creating a blockbuster franchise with amazing combat and storytelling.
  3. Spiderman Miles Morales - will be honest here, the trailers have not done a good job creating the same hype that existed for the last Spiderman game. But the last game was soooo good, with perfectly crafted pendulum physics for the web swinging and satisfying web combat. "don't fix what's not broken". If they keep the same formula as the last game Miles Morales should turn out great.
Will be waiting for a Special Edition PS5 to come out to get the console. If any of the above games were launch day I might've been tempted to get the stock PS5 too.

Re: ES6 -> For the amount of time I put into Skyrim, one would think I'd be excited about this. But as others on this thread have pointed out, Bethesda has been going downhill for almost a decade now. Insanely long dev times, disappointing releases... Other open world RPGs have also caught up to the ES franchise now. Would be happy to play another great ES game, but my expectations are very low.

A lot of them, with varying degrees of “looking-forward-to-ness” of course. The ones I’m interested in the most currently, apart from Cyberpunk 2077, are, more or less in order of most to “less most” interested:
  • Hollow Knight: Silksong: I f**king love the first one and the sequel seems like a potentially amazing game too.
  • Planet Zoo: I’m a sucker for these type of manager sims.
  • Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139...: I loved Automata so this one is a must.
  • The Witcher 3’s Next Gen patch: I’m drooling over the idea of a visually enhanced version of the game. I hope it ends up looking something almost, of fully, like this.
  • Disco Elysium: This game’s fanfare and accolades are too huge for me to ignore.
  • Horizon: Forbidden West: When/if it releases on PC but not before I play Zero Dawn.
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake: I never played the original one. Perhaps I should before this one launches on PC :think:
  • Baldur’s Gate III: A potential must.
  • Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition: Too bad it’s going to be basically a port of the Switch version for PC but, still, I’m a long-time fan of this series and DQ XI seems like the best one yet.
  • Oddity: I have a special place in my heart for Earthbound and Mother 3, so I’m looking forward to this fanmade spiritual sequel of sorts.
  • Hitman 3: I dig the stealth mechanics of this series, plus the locations look preeeetty sweet.
  • Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time: When/if it releases on PC.
  • Humankind: A Civilization-like game done by the Endless Legend people? Yes, please!
  • The Medium: The Beksiński-inspired aesthetics and the Silent Hill-esque style of horror are veeery much of my liking :ok: I hope the gameplay and story are decent enough.
  • Shadow Warrior 3: Heck yeah!
  • Doom Eternal: Once I start, and be done with, Doom I’ll get to this one. All of its DLCs should be out by the time I play it.
  • Hogwarts Legacy: I’m not a huge Potterverse fan but I don’t dislike it either. The game’s premise seems intriguing and the setting looks lovely.
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection: Once it’s complete I’ll give it a chance. I’ve never played a Halo game in my life so I’m looking forward to see if these series is of my liking.
  • Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla: Not crazy about it (I prefer what I’ve seen of Origins and Odyssey) but the setting seems interesting enough and the art direction looks really good, so I might give it a shot once I’ve completed the two previous ones.
  • The Elder Scrolls VI: I will need more than a seconds-long trailer to be reasonably excited about it, though.
  • Ghostrunner: The demo didn’t blow my socks off but I still enjoyed it, so I’m eager to eventually play the full thing.
  • Deathloop: Something about it doesn’t really catch my attention like Dishonored did but I’ll give it a shot regardless.
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: The setting alone is all I need to try it.
  • Graven: It sorta looks like Heretic so that’s enough reason for me to at least give it a try.
  • Fallout 4: New Vegas: If it ends up releasing at all. Fan projects like this one require an almost infinite well of patience, plus strong mental fortitude in case of cancellation/termination.
...And a f**kton of old ones in my wishlist/backlog (like Divinity: Original Sin 1 and 2, Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2, Shovel Knight, Wolfenstein 2, Dishonored 2, Prey, the Dark Souls series, Just Cause 4, to mention just a tiny few). Gaming as an adult is hard :LOL:

Last edited:
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Hogwarst Legacy:
HP universe is fantastic! would make a great RPG, I watch the trailer every day! I hope the game does not disappoint. :cry:
- Elden Ring: Big fan FromSoftware games.
- Hollow Knight: Silksong
- The Elder Scrolls
- Avowed
- Fable
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
- Bloodlines 2:
I think this game will be disappointing, I hope I'm wrong.. :cry:

Last edited:
Cyberpunk for now.
Also in my radar (even though of some of them don't have a release date yet):
-all the Ubisoft games releasing in these months (probably I'll wait for a price drop but yes I'm interested)
-Spiderman Miles Morales (I'll wait for a price drop too)
-Horizon Forbidden West (that's gonna be a day one purchase no matter what)
-the new God of War (but since I'm not getting a PS5 anytime soon, it'll have to wait).

Also I have a lot of stuff that is already out that I want to play. Games I already have in my library and other games that I am waiting for their price to drop a bit more.

But the most important of all is Cyberpunk.
Post automatically merged:

Cyberpunk for now.
Also in my radar (even though of some of them don't have a release date yet):
-all the Ubisoft games releasing in these months (probably I'll wait for a price drop but yes I'm interested)
-Spiderman Miles Morales (I'll wait for a price drop too)
-Horizon Forbidden West (that's gonna be a day one purchase no matter what)
-the new God of War (but since I'm not getting a PS5 anytime soon, it'll have to wait).

Also I have a lot of stuff that is already out that I want to play. Games I already have in my library and other games that I am waiting for their price to drop a bit more.

But the most important of all is Cyberpunk.

Oh, and....Fable! (I didn't mention it because I feel like it's gonna be a loooooong wait)

Forgot Resident Evil Village.

Can add Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate also. Was going to wait until it dropped in price, but could not resist pre-ordering the Kollector's edition. We get the Sub Zero mask. He was always my main. Booyah.

Cyberpunk 2077
Elders Scrolls 6
GTA 6
Starfield
Bloodlines 2
Avowed
Wayward Realms
Dying Light 2
Hogwarst Legacy

even happy accidents that make me chuckle are appreciated.
Are you at all related to Bob Ross, by any chance?

Anyway, I forgot to mention Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2:
First game was very good and came out of nowhere, and now Ninja Theory have an actual budget to work with. Really liked the Celtic/Nordic themes, and for the sequel they seem to be continuing with this, while moving the location to Iceland.

Guest 4419821

Cyberpunk
MS flight simulator (on xbox)
Assassin's Creed Valhalla

This topic made me to realize that there are basically no games I really, really want to play beside CP2077. Yeah, STALKER 2 looks interesting, but it's probably years from completion. The same with Elderscrolls VI and Starfield. Baldurs Gate 3 is crap and it doesn't look like it will be better. AC:V will be the same fetch quest galore with mediocre story and repetitive gameplay getting boring really fast.

So, ranting aside, I've checked what was left:
Atomic Heart - looks very cool and promising, I hope that the story will be good.
Gamedec - this is also on my radar.
Everspace 2 - I really want to play some cool S-F space combat game
Phantom Doctrine 2 - I hate "P D" with a passion, but this one, being TPP tactical shooter looks promising.
Xenonauts 2 - I liked "X 1" and I hope part two will also be good.
Encased - hopefully this game will be in playable state sometime in the close future, because it looks very "fallout-esque" and I like that.

I also hope that "System Shock" game and X-COM 3 are still a thing.

Are you at all related to Bob Ross, by any chance?

Anyway, I forgot to mention Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2:
First game was very good and came out of nowhere, and now Ninja Theory have an actual budget to work with. Really liked the Celtic/Nordic themes, and for the sequel they seem to be continuing with this, while moving the location to Iceland.
bob-ross-promojpg.jpg

I'm not really a fan of the modern gaming industry so most likely CP2077 will be my gaming finale.

Two possible games that could bring me back:
Dragons Dogma 2
Metal Gear Solid VI

I just got Watch Dogs: Legion which is a brilliant, hats off to Ubisoft.

Games out this year:
  • Cyberpunk 2077 ( of course )
  • Assassins Creed: Valhalla
  • Black Ops: Cold War ( Only Zombies Mode)
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Football Manager 2021
Games out next year:
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • Far Cry 6
Then get a PS5 sometime next year, ready for upgrades such as Cyberpunk 2077 (PS5 update) as I am not in a rush to get a PS5 really.

Baldurs Gate 3 is crap and it doesn't look like it will be better
Curious to hear why you think so. I haven't picked up the Early Access of the game so I'm not aware of what issues it might have. Is this a problem with the fact that it's not really a Baldur's Gate game (judging from what they've shown so far) or something else?

Top Bottom