What's the hold up on 1.07?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
CD Projekt Red also shared some less-than-great news today, announcing that it will not release free DLC this week for The Witcher 3 as was previously planned. This is because CD Projekt Red is "all hands on deck" right now working to finish and launch patch 1.07.

The Witcher 3's sixteenth--and final--free DLC will launch next week. This DLC may take the form of an extra costume for Ciri, according to one Twitter user who was able to download it early.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-free-witcher-3-dlc-this-week-but-major-patch-an/1100-6428657/

What? Only 13 DLC released yet, what "16 and the final"? Where is Bruxa and Viper school gear >:)

no reason there ?
not even a release date...just the ever mysterious "coming soon",and that could mean next year4 for all we know

Hold reason is patch is big as you see they made lots of changes & this is just a overview of coming patch soon you going to find proper change log.

^ if i had to guess (which is what i'm doing) activating the alternative in the options will make geralt walk with sticks (like when he is over burdened),run by holding X/A and sprint by tapping the button (or possibly a double tap like horse riding).

I think you can except Quick save. Off course I am talking about pc only

What happens to quick load option? (F9) My favorite thing in the world in Witcher 1 and 2. I tend to use it to see what will happen if i pick this first, second, and third options dialogue during whatever.

Tuco

Forum veteran
What is this "A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt"
No idea, but I'm not sure why there's already a lot of people cheering for it without knowing for a fact, if it actually improves things.
I'll stand here, tentatively interested. But then again I don't have particular complaints about how the game controls.

I mean, sure, it could improve in responsiveness here and there, especially outside of combat where it's lacking the most, but I played plenty of games with far worse controls in terms of "snappiness" (Gothic 2? Monster Hunter Tri?) and once I get used to those I loved them anyway for what they offered.

P.S. Also, the fact that they are *optional* doesn't exactly fill me with confidence about those being an improvement in every way over what we have now. It sounds more like a trade-off kind of thing, where some parts improve and others get worse.

No idea, but I'm not sure why there's already a lot of people cheering for it without knowing for a fact, if it actually improves things.
I'll stand here, tentatively interested. But then again I don't have particular complaints about how the game controls.

I mean, sure, it could improve in responsiveness here and there, especially outside of combat where it's lacking the most, but I played plenty of games with far worse controls in terms of "snappiness" (Gothic 2? Monster Hunter Tri?) and once I get used to those I loved them anyway for what they offered.

P.S. Also, the fact that they are *optional* doesn't exactly fill me with confidence about those being an improvement in every way over what we have now. It sounds more like a trade-off kind of thing, where some parts improve and others get worse.

I was thinking the same exact thing. I don't really have issues with control, but if they are improved from what they are, I'll be happy. I think people's gripes with them are the same some had with Red Dead Redemption, mainly a wide turning radius when you pick up speed, and not being able to stop on a dime.

I'm really happy to here about the UI changes in regards to storage. Having to scroll through so many books to get to potions is annoying. I'd like to see a UI overhaul. I'd love to see the item name listed next to it's image. It's annoying having to wait for the tooltip to pop up and tell you the item name if you don't have the item window icon memorized.

the optional movement response for geralt could be draw sword (manually) & enter combat mode .. then sheathe sword (manually) & exit combat mode ? I like how they're not specific on this one, it's a guessing game really

What is this "A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt"

I am not sure but may be its about auto sword draw / sheath which they make optional.

Attachments

• altmove.jpg
    altmove.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 66
I am not sure but may be its about auto sword draw / sheath which they make optional.

Hope it's got something to do with the walk/jog toggle. Like defaulting to walk when you load a game.

Though that's not really significant enough by itself. Perhaps just adjusting how jerky player movement is.

Hope it's got something to do with the walk/jog toggle. Like defaulting to walk when you load a game.

Frankly it's really not a big deal for me as now i know running is a default action I am pressing toggle as soon as game loads or after cut scene :)

Just give them some time to make the patch. They've got to make it, then test it, then fix it then go through Sony's and MS's testing, then release the patch. Patching a game isn't as easy as people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom