When can we expect more game footage?

+
MM360 said:
I totally understand that you guys simply cannot wait to see some new footage from The Witcher 3, but I must ask you for a little bit more patience. Who knows, we might get a few new screenshots by the end of this month;)

Damnit, now I am hyped :p

MM360 said:
I totally understand that you guys simply cannot wait to see some new footage from The Witcher 3, but I must ask you for a little bit more patience. Who knows, we might get a few new screenshots by the end of this month;)

Whoop!

"When can we expect more game footage?"

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. Then we shall see more game footage, and not before...

frynse said:
You guys are gonna make us wait until E3 for uncut gameplay, aren't you?

I think so, they might suprise us, but it is best to prepare for the worst and it does not seem unlikely for them to make us wait for half a year longer.

Agent_Blue

501105 said:
I think so, they might suprise us, but it is best to prepare for the worst and it does not seem unlikely.

Well, there's Game Developers Conference 2014, March 17-24.
Maybe, who knows?

MM360 knows.

frynse said:
You guys are gonna make us wait until E3 for uncut gameplay, aren't you?

I doubt they release uncut gameplay anytime soon, i mean real gameplay with ui and stuff. Prepare for more trailers both in-engine (like previous two) and made by baginski.

I'm gonna be bold and say screenshots end of January/start of February (as MM360 suggested) for both TW3 and CP2077. Then, at E3, uncut gameplay from TW3 and an edited pre-alpha gameplay trailer for CP2077. That's assuming CP2077 will actually be released in 2015.

Agent_Blue

ReptilePZ said:
I'm gonna be bold and say screenshots end of January/start of February (as MM360 suggested) for both TW3 and CP2077. Then, at E3, uncut gameplay from TW3 and an edited pre-alpha gameplay trailer for CP2077. That's assuming CP2077 will actually be released in 2015.

I don't think it would make much sense to conflate the marketing campaigns of two games whose release windows are set roughly one year apart.

AgentBlue said:
I don't think it would make much sense to conflate the marketing campaigns of two games whose release windows are set roughly one year apart.
Well, assuming that CP2077 will be released in 2015, then the situation for the game is the same as it was for TW3 last year. And what I've described is CDPR's last year of marketing.

ReptilePZ said:
Well, assuming that CP2077 will be released in 2015, then the situation for the game is the same as it was for TW3 last year. And what I've described is CDPR's last year of marketing.

Doubtful in my opinion, there is little reason to focus on CP2077 until TW3 has released and that 2015 release date is even more doubtful with TW3 appearing to release in late to very late 2014. You can hope for CP2077 footage/screenshots and such, but that is even more unlikely than a brand new TW3 trailer within a month or two.

501105 said:
Doubtful in my opinion, there is little reason to focus on CP2077 until TW3 has released and that 2015 release date is even more doubtful with TW3 appearing to release in late to very late 2014. You can hope for CP2077 footage/screenshots and such, but that is even more unlikely than a brand new TW3 trailer within a month or two.
Again, if we assume that CP2077 will be released in 2015, then it must be at the same stage TW3 was last year. I personally doubt that it will be released then (I hope they push it to 2016 at least) but that's the year they said they were aiming for, so all my specualtions are based on that.

And, if you recall, with TW3 we got screenshots in February and a pre-alpha gameplay trailer at E3. In theory, they can be releasing tidbits of info/footage about CP2077 until the end of E3 (following the same PR strategy they used for TW3 when it was at the same stage of development), then focus on TW3 to build up the hype leading up to the (most likely) Q4 2014 release, while remaining relatively silent when it comes to CP2077 so it doesn't clash with TW3 marketing campaign (TW3 info was fairly scarce inbetween E3 and the end of the year). Then, in late 2014/early 2015, they can redo the same thing for CP, while working on/promoting updates/enhanced edition (hopefully it won't need an EE) for TW3.

So I'd say it's not as unlikely as it may initially sound as long as they're still targeting a 2015 release for CP2077.

ReptilePZ said:
Again, if we assume that CP2077 will be released in 2015, then it must be at the same stage TW3 was last year. I personally doubt that it will be released then (I hope they push it to 2016 at least) but that's the year they said they were aiming for, so all my specualtions are based on that.

And, if you recall, with TW3 we got screenshots in February and a pre-alpha gameplay trailer at E3. In theory, they can be releasing tidbits of info/footage about CP2077 until the end of E3 (following the same PR strategy they used for TW3 when it was at the same stage of development), then focus on TW3 to build up the hype leading up to the (most likely) Q4 2014 release, while remaining relatively silent when it comes to CP2077 so it doesn't clash with TW3 marketing campaign (TW3 info was fairly scarce inbetween E3 and the end of the year). Then, in late 2014/early 2015, they can redo the same thing for CP, while working on/promoting updates/enhanced edition (hopefully it won't need an EE) for TW3.

So I'd say it's not as unlikely as it may initially sound as long as they're still targeting a 2015 release for CP2077.

That sure are a lot of if's and maybe's, so much so that every single thing needs to be on schedule for that to become a reality. Honestly, I am not convinced that TW3 will be released this year, let alone CD2077 next year with buzz of it starting in a few months time. Until we actually get some good indepth TW3 trailers and definite information (like a release date) I would not get your hopes up too much.

Its not good to push developer to show us new footage.

Let them do their job. I want to see Cyberpunk 2077 first footage but I know they are working on showing only something impressive, they are still tweaking the engine to make visuals better and better, fur tech looks awesome I bet they have something cool to show in CP77 but it isnt ready. Perhaps at E3.

501105 said:
That sure are a lot of if's and maybe's, so much so that every single thing needs to be on schedule for that to become a reality. Honestly, I am not convinced that TW3 will be released this year, let alone CD2077 next year with buzz of it starting in a few months time. Until we actually get some good indepth TW3 trailers and definite information (like a release date) I would not get your hopes up too much.
I'm not hoping for anything, I'm just noting a possible pattern that I'd feel smug about if it actually happened :p Also, of course there's a lot of if's and maybe's - it's all guesswork.

As a fan, I'd like them to take as much time as they need. Delays don't bother me.

Thothistox said:
I wonder if the reason they won't show us more gameplay is because almost everything they show would be a spoiler, or maybe because they're still working on fancy fur effects and optimization and they don't want to show off anything unfinished. At any rate, I hope it's not because there's some kind of problem.
My gut tells me, it is going to be amazing and they dont wanna spoil it to soon. I think we will see 1 or 2 trailers before launch. Cuz the graphics will look even better if that is even possible.

CDPR needs to push the Witcher 3 more and more in the gaming community, so people get more familiarized with the franchise. Many good games did not sell well and got forgotten very fast, because of the poor marketing. I really hope they get TV commercials and so on. I personally did not even know Witcher 1 existed, until I read an article called "most underrated PC games". I still thought CDPR did not do a good job in marketing the Witcher 2, but it was better than the first Witcher nonetheless. They have to keep releasing good quality gameplay footage and trailers before the release, especially 1-2 months before the release. And they have to keep at it even 2-3 weeks after the release.

MM360 said:

So how about a few GIFs too?

Top Bottom