When can we expect more game footage?

+
If anyone from RED is reading, can we have maybe some songs if you dont want to show screens or gameplay footage?

Any piece of music from a location would be fine.

Geraltofbsas said:
If anyone from RED is reading, can we have maybe some songs if you dont want to show screens or gameplay footage?

Any piece of music from a location would be fine.

I agree, especially Skellige :)

Or maybe just, like an update on the game, specifically a n estimated release date of closer to when we will actually get the game in 2014....

MM360 said:
I totally understand that you guys simply cannot wait to see some new footage from The Witcher 3, but I must ask you for a little bit more patience. Who knows, we might get a few new screenshots by the end of this month;)
A huge shoutout to you mm360! Thanks for answering somewhat!

Poor people at CD Projekt. I imagine lots of sweaty programmers tweaked out on coffee and energy drinks. We need a Fair Trade organization. "No programmers were harmed during the production of this videogame"

Poor people at CD Projekt. I imagine lots of sweaty programmers tweaked out on coffee and energy drinks. We need a Fair Trade organization. "No programmers were harmed during the production of this videogame"

Yeah :D i can imagine that very well hehhehe

But besides the sweating programmers i must admit i am very hungry for some new footage to....

IsengrimR

Well, it certainly would be nice to have MOAR. Issue is that is MOAR ever enough?
Well, exactly, it almost never is. The game releases this year though, while it will be a bit of a wait, it's still not far, belive it or not.

I do not honestly give a crap about what Bioware is showing about their bloody bloated things they call games. It's pretty obvious they are buiding the hype.
Don't you think it's a bit of a waste of resources to keep the hype high at all times, and feed it, when all you really need is to spark interest and them remind about yourself before release ( date of which [ for W3 ] is unknown I might add ). I think it is.
In my eyes, CDPR are playing it clever way - do the game, when finishing worry about hype. For now all looks splendid, the hype about W3 is all around, if you ask me.

Comparing it to EA ( a company known for spending shitloads on advertising campains ), I would say that CDPR make it smarter and better. Everything requires time and resources, and I say finishing and polishing the game is more important.

And do I have to remind you that all EA games look good on adds and revealed footage? Then do I need to remind you that all EA games over last years are utter and unspeakable pieces of shite.
Well, I just did remind you about it.

So, while MOAR stuff about the game would be nice indeed, and while anxiety and lack of patience kicks in, I think it's very much optional.
:cheers:

Last edited:
Then do I need to remind you that all EA games over last years are utter and unspeakable pieces of shite.
Well, I just did remind you about it.
Aren't you being a bit harsh? They certainly had problems, but aside from SimCity the situation in general wasn't as bad as you say.

IsengrimR

Aren't you being a bit harsh? They certainly had problems, but aside from SimCity the situation in general wasn't as bad as you say.
I wouldn't say I am harsh. I am honest. Their games are a shameful display of poor and rushed development in addition to bloated publishing. I agree they have problems, problem being - being terrible, dumbed down, rushed, bugged, drm-ed, boring pieces of mentioned shite.

All your questions lead to only one answer...

Soon™
Hahha... Yeeep.
:yes:

It's not enough - what people want is GAMEPLAY footage. Screenshots are fine, but the combat system worries me and a lot of others, especially because you guys said it's Arkham Asylum inspired, and that sort of combat doesn't really work with a character other than Batman who uses mainly his fists. Gives from what we've seen of Geralt fighting the same 3 guys and using area-denial Aard, it looks too floaty with animations that aren't tailored to dealing with single foes of humanoid or lesser size unless they're in groups.

Give us gameplay footage, ESPECIALLY of combat, to see whether you haven't botched it (you have to admit, combat mechanics is not your strong suit, as evidenced by Flash cleaning up behind the devs) and we'll all be satisfied.

P.S. A word on the screenshots - why do you guys favor oversharpening? The bullshots are beautiful in their own right, but the sharpening effect, and lack of aliasing kills it somewhat.

Last edited:

Agent_Blue

Well, footage would be a nice complimentary gift to fans, for sure. But I would rather have them finally start discussing gameplay, Focus mode, for example.
I realize I'm probably in the minority here and most want to be surprised without having been exposed to that sort of info.

The bullshots are beautiful in their own right, but the sharpening effect, and lack of aliasing kills it somewhat.
>People think those are bullshots

That's why screenshots shouldn't be released nowadays. We can display animated elements of a game (gif or vid) easily. I'd rather have a five seconds clip than a screenshot.

That's why screenshots shouldn't be released nowadays. We can display animated elements of a game (gif or vid) easily. I'd rather have a five seconds clip than a screenshot.
I'll take lossless image over 5 sec video source. But GIFs could be included yes but not as a substitute to screens.

Soon the full package will be available to experience.The full game.

Then and only then will we be completely satisfied.Even extended videos,while nice, will serve as torture and spoiler for the actual thing.

Soon the full package will be available to experience.The full game.

Then and only then will we be completely satisfied.Even extended videos,while nice, will serve as torture and spoiler for the actual thing.

Somewhat yes, but it would be nice to see some actual gameplay with how that works and feels before release.

i really hope to see more video gameplay and of course some videos like The Witcher's 2 " environment dev diary" or "combat devi diary"(or focus on them)

Top Bottom