Where the Cat and the Wolf play

+
Where the Cat and the Wolf play

Just played this for the first time, and have to say, it is an excellent quest, beats a lot of the other ones because of the story and the extra detail with the the girl. Would love to see more like this.

---------- Updated at 12:12 AM ----------

and after seeing his stash location and am completely jealous

Excellent quest, just too low a level. We've only two level 30+ Witcher contracts in the entire game and one of those was DLC. This was a missed opportunity to create more post-ending content for players. Anyway, in answer to the question above, I killed him. Witchers have a hard enough time as it is without someone dragging their reputation through the mud by going on mass murder sprees.

Yes.Indeed a masterpieceful quest.To choose between another possible mass murder and guity or regret to kill a same professional.I choose the lesser evil.

Spared him, witchers already have a bad reputation regardless of their actions and nothing will change it. Let the people know that witchers can't be fooled.

Killed him. People act like this all the time, and if some crazy cat massacres the entire villages for this, all the witchers will be blamed, and in danger. Actually, I don't really care if he is a witcher or not. I would kill any bandit for doing such a thing, so what's a bloody difference? To let him go just because he is a witcher? Nope. Oh, and when I opted for a fair fight, he threw some caustic shit into my face, so this fight became pretty intense. Bad scene.

I spared him.. He may have snapped but the people in that village tried to kill him first. Not that I like what he did but they had it coming... Also paid the girls Aunt... I know it's hard times but when you have 68000 crowns, might as well share!

I spared him.. He may have snapped but the people in that village tried to kill him first. Not that I like what he did but they had it coming... Also paid the girls Aunt... I know it's hard times but when you have 68000 crowns, might as well share!

Yeah, I paid her too. Although I think that my Geralt was poverty-stricken with less than 10000 crowns at the time :)

Geralt is no judge, he also spared the man responsible for the chaos that many more villages were burnt down and pillaged because of it, so yeah, doubt Geralt would kill him.

And besides, who the hell tries to kill you for protecting them? Yes, Gaetan had gone overboard with his killing and he shouldn't have killed all the village, but getting killed over villagers that actually had the money to pay you more is just angering, but still, killing the rest of the villagers was wrong, but Geralt is no judge.

Just give the money to the aunt and let that child have some pancakes at least, the least Geralt would do for that girl.

Spared him as well, because I know what it feels.

There is a contract in Skellige named "Dragon" if I recall correctly, where you fight a Forktail. Geralt comments about how it couldn't be a Dragon the cause of the problem and he would investigate, but the leader of the village is convinced it is the real deal. He will give you a lot of less crowns at the end of the quest if you tell him than it wasn't a Dragon, but a Forktail regardless of having set the reward before hand and the beast proved to be very dangerous.

Also, with the contract of the Creature of the Oxenfurt Forest, they try to pay you almost nothing to kill it compared to what they were promised to receive... it is like if the monster hunters outsourced the job to a witcher.

Yeah, I paid her too. Although I think that my Geralt was poverty-stricken with less than 10000 crowns at the time :)

I went back and killed the guy and didn't pay her to see what would happen and it's a HUGE difference... :) I think we chose the best!! Only 10000 crowns?! GET TO WORK!! :p

Never knew he had 'a stash'. Apart from his body loot. How many killed him on their first encounter though..is the question. Took me 3 times, but then I've never mastered the parry and counter move.

Spared. I don't want to kill brethren. (Thats why i better go by Iorveth path in tw2...to avoid battle with Serrit and Auckes).

Pondered over decision for ~10 minutes, killed him, reloaded, tried other option, reloaded save with murder again

There are no excuses for killing women and children, and I didn't see any signs of regret. While there were a number of reasons to tolerate Letho's actions back in TW2, I failed to find indications that Gaetan isn't dangerous for people anymore.

I killed him, would have spared him if he killed only his attackers but he brutally murdered the entire village. There's no justification for that - not to mention it's implied that he's done it before, meaning it's possible he would do it again.

I don't see how Geralt isn't one to judge as some are suggesting, yes he's not a saint but never has he murdered multiple innocents in cold blood as far as I'm aware. He would kill a bandit without a second thought for doing the same thing.

If he had killed his attackers only, I would have let him go.

Instead he killed everyone apart from a child that reminded him of his sister. Then he left that slightly familiar child to die alone from starvation or one or another form of predation in the middle of a war zone.

"What are you doing?"
"Killing monsters"

Top Bottom