Which difficulty level will you choose?

+

Which difficulty level will you choose?

• Total voters
First I will play on normal mode. Will check out how difficult the fights vs monster are and if I am fine with it I will keep playing on normal mode.

After the first playtrough I will choose a harder level or maybe while the first we will see :) Really want a challenge and pay attention to everything to fully enjoy this masterpiece *slobber*

Hey, so I stumbled upon a tidbit of new info. New to me anyway. It's about that Dark mode, and unlike Dark mode in Witcher 2, it will not allow you to load saved games if you die.

EDIT: Of course, this info wasn't new at all, only new to me. Do we have any recent info on this? Is Dark mode like it was in Witcher 2, or if it's more like Insane mode with no loading of saves after dying?

@Kinleybear, I turn to you, oh knowledgeable one. :unworthy:

We're still not sure whether the game will have a perma-death mode or not. Some articles suggest that it won't, some say it will. Sorry, if I couldn't be more helpful. :p

We're still not sure whether the game will have a perma-death mode or not. Some articles suggest that it won't, some say it will. Sorry, if I couldn't be more helpful. :p

Oh poppycock, I'm just glad you answered! Besides, I can't blame you for not knowing the answer...or...can I? :harhar:

Just joking. Anyone blamed you for anything lately my friend? :happy:

I do hope Dark mode will be like Dark mode in Witcher 2. Keep Insane mode for those insane players. And I do mean the daring, courageous and really skillful players. Though I can't fathom the patience and self control one would have to muster when dying 200 hours into a game. :rolleyes:

I know that I would have gone insane by having my saves wiped, so this mode is not for me. :crazy:

My first playthrough will always be easy, because I am the type of person that wants to enjoy the story completely without any combat difficulties.

After I have learned everything there is about the game and part of how the story will play out (and I intend to change my choices in dialogues and such) I will start another playthrough on Normal, then Hard, then Dark. This is the same I did for Witcher 2.

I will go with Dark because I am playing on a laptop and I could perma die from many things that are not my fault at all on Insane. Even W2 raped the poor thing at a few parts (Kayran and the Eternal Battle, the latter was especially funny because I did it like with 15 fps)..... If there is no perma death in W3 then Insane it is.

Insane is just not for me, I'm not that patient and cautious man.

But there's no point to play games on easy levels, even if you're interested only in story - it'd diminish your expectations and tension of the highest moments of the game.
So only Dark.

First play-through for me on any RPG is always Normal (Maybe even Easy, if what all the previews are saying about the difficulty is actually as hard as they make it out to be, or they just suck LOL). I like to get play through for the story the first time around. Usually if I was able to complete the game at Normal it wasn't hard enough, so for my second play-through, I'll increase straight to Dark.

I'm interested in Dark, I finished Witcher 2 at that difficulty and choosing anything lower would be meh. if it'll prove too much of challenge though... I'll consider lowering to hard.

Probably either normal or hard for first playthrough. I want to just enjoy it the first time around, I'll do dark mode afterwards.

Obviously the hardest setting without permadeath included (assuming it will included, at least) because I really don't think pearmadeath is something that fits these kind of games.

Becoming annoyingly easy even at the hardest setting after few level ups has always been a flaw of the series so far, I don't want to aggravate the problem even more playing at anything less than the toughest option the game has to offer.

Last edited:
First playthrough of any game regardless, easiest possible difficulty. No question. Then when i have beaten the game and know its secrets, if i want to add a challenge to the game (prefer the first time being a complete walkover) i will up the difficulty to the one above the easiest. In this case, normal.

Look, I'm not gonna lie, I'm probably gonna play it on Easy. I just want to kill and fight, and odds are I lack the skill for anything harder.

Having said that however, i expect this will happen also:

Me: "You know what, fuck it let's do this on Dark!"
(One hour of constant death later)
Me: ...Annnnnnd turning this to easy. XD

I think I read somewhere about increasing difficulty does not mean that its enemy health pool will grow, but instead they will be more advanced in the way they attack. Is that true?

I always start most games at the middle-ground (which is usually normal of course) so I can either lower the difficult if I'm having trouble, or raise it if I want more of a challenge. In a game like this I want to immerse myself in the story and the world, and not so much have to focus on barely surviving past each enemy, so a very challenging experience really isn't what I'm looking for for my first play-through.

Top Bottom