Which two signs would you upgrade the most?

+
Which two signs would you upgrade the most?

Aard, Igni, Yrden, Quen, Axii.

I would go for Igni because it's very cool and feels nice to use.
Second I would go for Yrden because it's quite effective against specters and bosses that you want to move slower so you can get some hits without getting hit back.

So there you go, Igni and Yrden would be my two signs most upgraded.

Ignii and Aard (is Aard the one where you can control their mind? I should pay more attention I am 60+ hours in now lol) Ignii is just way too much fun, especially if there are explosive barrels around. The mind crontol ability is most useful against Humans with shields etc, they lower them when their mind is controlled plus it is very useful during conversations to persuade people to do your bidding. Just like the old Jedi-Mindtrick!

Ignii and Aard (is Aard the one where you can control their mind? I should pay more attention I am 60+ hours in now lol) Ignii is just way too much fun, especially if there are explosive barrels around.
Axii control minds.
Aard is the wind.

PS: Aard (Alternative Spell) looks so sweet, grass and everything blows away from you. Air explosion!

I mainly use quen and igni. Igni is great because you can upgrade it to permanently diminish your opponents armor and quen is awesome because its basically free health with the upgrades. I didnt put any points i to yrden because its only useful in certain situations like when fighting wraiths or fast attacking opponents.

I use Quen all the time so I've been sinking points into that. Also the mind control one for dialogue options.

Axii control minds.
Aard is the wind.

PS: Aard (Alternative Spell) looks so sweet, grass and everything blows away from you. Air explosion!

Ahhh I just select them and play, need to pay more attention to which is which lol I would select Ignii then and Axii :)

Yeah, out of all of those Quen I use the most that's why I put points to it. Also Axii for dialogues.

I kinda like Igni and Aard the most, but it doesn't match my game style.

I did not put points in Quen because I play on Death March! Sure you get health up, but it's very likely with a group that you get hit right after the shield breaks and that is one hit, then it breaks.. on Death March! at least.

Better to simply avoid getting hit and use Yrden to slow enemies to avoid getting hit easier or, Aard (Alternative Spell) to knock them all away and down to get space to do your moves.

Quen. I've made Geralt in to a heavy plate wearing quen user. So, I basically went for the tank theme as I've also got the "Bear School" ability. Nilfgaardian plate is super tanky...so....

Also, quen is literally a "get out of jail free card" when playing on Death March.

Yrden is the only one that radically changes with the alternative mode.

Axii does something new as well but I didn't find the mind control that useful, it is very short and the AI often fails to do anything anyway.

Igni doesn't do much new and I honestly think the sign is bugged anyway, since even the normal mode leads to a massive burning dot every time if you take that one skill for it or not. So instead of using the "flamethrower" mode you can as well just use the normal mode. You are less open for attacks that way AND you can hit multiple targets.

The alternative Quen mode doesn't seem to do anything useful or can it block MUCH more damage as the normal mode?

The alternative mode for Aard can be good, if you are surrounded, so after Yrden that is the one I would skill next.

I mainly use a combination of Yrden, & Aard unless i'm fighting something bigger than I use Quen or Igni

Last edited:
So far Igni - because it's the most 'convenient' one - and Axii - because of the additional dialogue options and the insta-finishers.

I'm not sure if I like the slot system, this way I'm afraid to put points on abilities that I can't equip immediately, so I end up upgrading the skills that I already own.

I pretty much use Igni most of the time because it just works well. It does damage, reduces armor and can stun some enemies since they panic when set on fire... besides what's more fun than lighting people on fire? Aside from sex and booze not much in this life

Axii is the second most used one for me mostly just because it's the easiest way to deal with annoying "forever blocking" and shield bearing enemies. Screw trying to parry when you can just stun them and then smack them upside the face with a fireplace poker

Last edited:
Top Bottom