Wild Hunt Helps and plus few suggestions

+
Hello Everyone,

I'm new and I haven't beat this game yet. I'm currently traveling between the lands of Velen (No Man's Land) and Novigrad. I need helps with looking for some of these missing ingredients for Alchemy. I have this crazy goal. My goal is to craft all Oils, Potions and Bombs to Relic before starting any missions/quests. My current character level is 17. If I managed to "Relic" all the Oils, Potions, and Bombs before starting any missions. Then im REALLY impressed with CD Project Red.

Im still missing one more Ekimmara Hide (Vampires), I know I can get one from Dragonslayer's Grotto Cave, Crookback Bog, Velen. But, I'm still looking for one more free roam Ekimmara. It gotta be somewhere. Unfortunately, Ekimmara in the Dragonslayer's Grotto Cave are not respawn-able.
Ekimmara Hide 1.JPG

I managed to find two Cave Troll Livers, One in Monster Den Cave near Travel Post Ursten, Novigard and another one near Travel Post Crossroads by the bridge in Bald Mountain, Velen. So, my next question is where can I find the THIRD rabid Rock Trolls (Ogroids)? Again, unfortunately, these Rock Trolls are not respawn-able.
Ekimmara Hide 2 & Cave Troll Liver.JPG

Im surprised to find one Erynia Eye (Hybrids -Erynias) ingredient in Novigard, Gustfield. I thought you can only get it from Erynias in The Skellige Isles. Im curious if I can still find one more! But where?
Erynia Eye.JPG

I haven't gone hunting for Golem's Heart yet. My question is, will they drop it? I still haven't unlocked Superior Blizzard Diagram yet ( I wonder at what character level). I'm guessing Superior Blizzard Diagram will ask for another Golem's Heart (Third one)
Blizzard.JPG

Im level 17 and I still haven't play with him yet. Soon, I will.
The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2022.12.09 - 19.40.26.71 Thumbnail.png

Questions / My Opinion / Suggestions:

It would be nice if these some of those monsters are respawn-able so I can complete collecting these missing ingredients im looking for.

Bestiary - Please look into Bestiary Monsters throughout the lands/Map because I hunted few new monsters, but I was not able to unlock Bestiary information from it.
Also, to be honest due to lack of Bestiary information, "Water Hags"(Necrophages) was very confusing by its skins of it colors because i couldn't tell if I was hunting for Water or Grave Hag for its Mutagen for decoction potions.

Add sorting to STASH BOX

There are some boozes cannot be transfer to STASH such as Redanian Lager, Kaedweni Stout, and Rivian Kriek.

Can Transfer Decoction potions to Stash? Sometimes, you don't really need all of them on Witcher or somehow make them invisible on Witcher

Why is there Drop option for Oils, Potions and Bombs? This can be very concerning if some of these monsters are not respawn-able if you want to get these missing ingredients from them

Please improve on convenient use of Blade Oils. To be honest, after playing so many hours on TW3 when it comes to reapplying Blade oils to swords can be really annoying. Even 60 + Charges is not enough. Most of the time you will be fighting same/same kind of monsters. I dont like to "pause" go to Inventory to reapply oils in the middle of the fight. I wonder if you can add quick slot for Blade Oils just like Consumables/Bombs/Pockets or set up automatically to add blade oils to swords vs human/monster's weakness....

General speaking of Diagrams. For example, I got crafting diagram - Mahakaman trousers, require level for me to wear it is 39...Thats pretty harsh for someone like me I'm level 17...i got a long way to go. I would rather unlock diagram close to my level or have diagrams scaling up to your/my level.

I would like to re-buy Temerian Armor Set because my character level increase. But, I noticed the level 4 remain the same on that armor set, it didn't scale up to my level like other weapon/armor shops do. I wonder if it the same thing for other DLC stuffs.

The World Map - How do I know if I did destroy Monster Nest or not or discover it? Same goes for other stuffs on World Map. I wonder if can add checklist on World Map, you did discover all monster nest, caves, signpost, Notice Board, bandit camps and etc in the area of Crow's Perch, Velen. I do like the idea of Place of Power icon faded it out when you discovered (already touch it) it on World Map.

I would like drop down menu remain CLOSED for Alchemy / Crafting / Books / Quests until you open them.

How do you untrack quest? I do not want to see them when I go exploring the World.

Please reorganize Quests drop down menu. They are all mixed together under completed drop down menu. I would like to see all White Orchard "quests" under White Orchard, Velen "Quests" under Velen and etc.
TW3 - Quests.JPG

There is no Greater Brown Mutagen? I used a lot of general skills.
Character Skills.JPG

Suggestion to Pin more than once in Alchemy and Crafting diagram. I sort of had a bad experience going back and forth shopping for missing ingredients

Please don't make quests like A Barnful of Trouble Quest. it will disappear in a day if you don't do them right away. I don't get any kind of warning if this quest going to disappear or show any Days countdown on it on a World Map just because I happen to ride a horse past in the area to next area. Reason why i said this is because i had to start over little bit and back track it. Not only that our life is short, and I want to enjoy every story plots in the game 100%.

I hope i don't miss anything...oh yeah, there is this one of the kind Basilisks (Draconids) guarding Hidden Treasures just north of White Eagle Fort Post Sign, Velen. This Basilisks will WILD HUNT you down no matter how far away from you are from Hidden Treasure. I didn't have a choice but to find a way to kill it...otherwise, it will start killing everybody in its path. I was level 14 at the time trying to kill it with the help of city guards from Oxenfurt!

Thank you for reading,

LuckyCat

Just a quick note: in forums it's usually better to not mix too many different topics in one thread. Otherwise it can be a bit confusing to read through everything.

For example, if you want to provide suggestions for Witcher 3 as well you could post ideas in this existing thread.

The World Map - How do I know if I did destroy Monster Nest or not or discover it?
Just for this one :)
As far as I know, until you discover a point of interest, it's a "?" on the map. Then if you "complete" it, you can be hidden it (so it does not longer appear), exactly like places of power.
I managed to find two Cave Troll Livers, One in Monster Den Cave near Travel Post Ursten, Novigard and another one near Travel Post Crossroads by the bridge in Bald Mountain, Velen. So, my next question is where can I find the THIRD rabid Rock Trolls (Ogroids)? Again, unfortunately, these Rock Trolls are not respawn-able.
Not sure if it could help, but if I remember, you can find 3 cave trolls in Skellige :)
(unmarked cave entrance : Farting Trolls)

Last edited:
Totally agree with you about the blade oils... they SHOULD have a goddamn quick slot just like the consumables/potions/bombs. You'd think they'd correct this from TW2 as they did with the potions, but for whatever reason it's the same way as before. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next TW game (I too would like combat to be 100% fluid without having to open the inventory)

Just a quick note: in forums it's usually better to not mix too many different topics in one thread. Otherwise it can be a bit confusing to read through everything.

For example, if you want to provide suggestions for Witcher 3 as well you could post ideas in this existing thread.
Gotcha, Thank you.
Post automatically merged:

Just for this one :)
As far as I know, until you discover a point of interest, it's a "?" on the map. Then if you "complete" it, you can be hidden it (so it does not longer appear), exactly like places of power.

Not sure if it could help, but if I remember, you can find 3 cave trolls in Skellige :)
(unmarked cave entrance : Farting Trolls)

Thank you, Yes, however, my goal is not to do any quests when it comes to finding these missing ingredients.

Unfortunately, this is a quest. Therefore, I cannot get to Skellige. :(
Destination- Skellige.JPG

Sooner or later ill moved on, but ill wait for next new gen update for TW3.

LuckyCat

Last edited:
Thank you, Yes, however, my goal is not to do any quests when it comes to finding these missing ingredients.

Unfortunately, this is a quest. Therefore, I cannot get to Skellige. :(
Destination- Skellige.JPG

Sooner or later ill moved on, but ill wait for next new gen update for TW3.

LuckyCat
Yeah, I was thinking that just making the trip to Skellige was not really doing/complete a quest. At least, especially not going to Kaer Trolde :)
(A little like getting out of White Orchad or reaching Toussaint, just a "step" that you have to do to open an area).

LuckyCat

How do you untrack quest? I do not want to see them when I go exploring the World.

I don't know but? Selecting "Collect them all" Gwent cards quest. Clears the map of destinations.

Attachments

• Collect them all.jpg
    Collect them all.jpg
    567.7 KB · Views: 66
Yeah, I was thinking that just making the trip to Skellige was not really doing/complete a quest. At least, especially not going to Kaer Trolde :)
(A little like getting out of White Orchad or reaching Toussaint, just a "step" that you have to do to open an area).

:D

Yes, youre right, it's a small step. However, my concerns is that... if I do make a trip to Skellige, will that mess up anything if i didn't do any quests in Velen and Novigard or change story plot line? A quest like A Barnful of Trouble (a quest will disappear if you don't do it within a day or two) left a bad taste in my mouth.

Yes, youre right, it's a small step. However, my concerns is that... if I do make a trip to Skellige, will that mess up anything if i didn't do any quests in Velen and Novigard or change story plot line? A quest like A Barnful of Trouble (a quest will disappear if you don't do it within a day or two) left a bad taste in my mouth.
I'm not 100% sure, I never tried myself.
But in theory, I don't think so. If you "simply" reach Skellige and doesn't continue Skellige quest line (don't speak to Yennefer, nor reach Kaer Trolde. So just explore and hunt for monster and "?" markers), everything should stay in its state in Velen and Novigrad :)

But maybe better to not believe me... I'll search and if I find the answer, I'll post it ;)
Edit : After some resarchs here and there, apparently you "simply" have "unique dialogues", but only if you continue the Skellige main quest line (something that you won't do^^).

Last edited:
@Bob-NZ
You see that "ALL" in the bottom left. You can toggle what you see on the map using those arrows pointing left and right. Depending on the setting there, you see more or less icons on the map
Post automatically merged:

@LuckyCat

The is an option to hide the minimap, i believe also the quest tracking will go away. It will show once you use Witcher Eye. But in general using this mode, the complete HUD will go away

I'm surprised that nobody gave a simple direct answer: you can't. Once you've accepted a quest, you can't just discard it (remove from quest list) - either you complete it, or it fails at some plotline event, or it stays in your quest list forever, so don't just accept every last quest from every board unless you are 100% sure you want to complete it. Though, in case it's your first playthrough, you would want to try every last quest you find anyway, probably? So just complete it once you feel ready for it, and it disappears.

Likewise, once you select a quest, you can't just deselect it. On the other hand, there is an easy trick to circumvent this restriction: just select a short quest (any treasure hunting quest, for example), complete it, don't select anything else from your quest list - and your quest tracker space below minimap will stay clear.

And yes, there are limited items in the game, monster parts included. There are just three places to loot ekimmara hide in TW3: Dragonslayer's Grotto (Griffin armor), "Following the Thread" quest and "Contract: The Mystery of the Byways Murders". So, in case you don't want to wait until level 22+ to complete your oil set, you have to save before each of the former two ekimma fights, and MAKE SURE you receive both hides required there (save scumming ho). However, unless I'm mistaken, in patches 4.X they finally made it 100% drop.

On the other hand, there are way more monsters (respawnable ones included) to loot other alchemy ingredients. For example, there is a megaton of trolls to kill: The Volunteer quest (1 lvl 13 troll), A Deadly Plot quest (3 lvl 14 trolls), a lvl 18 troll in a cave NE from Ursten, The Lord of Undvik quest (at least 3 lvl 17 trolls, maybe 4), 3 lvl 16 trolls guarding improved Ursine diagrams at Skellige (lvl 25 quest), and so on. Granted, you might want to avoid killing more or less sane quest trolls, but then again there is a lot of trolls which are aggressive by default.

Other kind of monsters might be quite rare... but respawnable. For example, there is just a single quest cockatrice (Contract: Shrieker), while you need 3 cockatrice stomaches for alchemy. But then again there is a respawnable cockatrice living in a field SW from Yantra - as soon as you're lvl 12+ or so, you can just rekill him every day until you are satisfied with loot. Likewise, you need Dark essence x2, while there are exactly two quest nightwraiths (lvl 10 Contract: Jenny o' the Woods & lvl 25 Peace Disturbed quest). You wouldn't want to wait until lvl 25 to craft both Full Moons, probably, so you can just as well visit a field to the SE from Carsten / S from Vegelbud Residence: it respawns there every night (while noonwraith respawns there every day).

Top Bottom