will the PC version be better then the PS4 version

+
I think the worth or value of PC`s and or consoles is up to each individual and what they feel comfortable with . There are pros and cons on both sides .

It all boils down to a preference. I have an Xbox 360 and it makes a great Neflix and Hulu Plus device for me to watch movies on. I personally do not like to play games on it, though I will occasionally play something that I like that isn't available for PC. My personal preference though boils down to playing on the PC. I like the versatility it gives me from the adjustable graphics settings based on my individual hardware, to the multiple key bindings available for mouse and keyboard. In the end however it is my preference and doesn't make it any better than anyone else's preference. As for family friendly environment, my ex and I always kept our PCs in the living room, where the kids PCs were and where the Xbox and Wii were kept, so the family was always together when we gamed, did anything as a family. Playing together as a family isn't limited to consoles, just an FYI there.

Aver

Forum veteran
HomemComH said:
Just that, unlike what's constantly parroted by retarded fanboys and people that never touched a gaming PC in their lives, it isn't a great value.

I don't know about that. This topics shows exact opposite situation. People that never touched a console in their lives keeps whining how bad they are. On other hand I've experienced both, I'm PC gamer and I still think that consoles have a great value.

Yes, you're right. I've never touched a console in my entire life, I just imagined the PS3 and 360 I have on my living room and all the shit games I've played on them.

For me it's an either or situation given my funds. So PC it is. Plus, I'd rather support an open platform with the option of DRM free gaming, mods, indies etc. Thinking back on what consoles used to be like compared to what that market has become now just...leaves a bad taste in my mouth. So bloody corporate driven, so removed from the gamer.

Agent_Blue

Kyriene said:
Playing together as a family isn't limited to consoles, just an FYI there.

Around here, at least, what you describe seems a rather atypical scenario. Most folks will have desktops as their home PCs. Do you really believe that, after a hard day's work, moms and dads will readily unplug the desktop in dad's office, drag it across the flat and plug it to the plasma in the living room each time kids feel like playing «Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster»? And then that in reverse order?

Hardly.

Kyriene said:
Thinking back on what consoles used to be like compared to what that market has become now just...leaves a bad taste in my mouth. So bloody corporate driven, so removed from the gamer.

From a specific kind of gamer, you mean, surely. Their past and predictably forthcoming success shows that they are not removed from other types of gamers.

AgentBlue said:
Around here, at least, what you describe seems a rather atypical scenario. Most folks will have desktops as their home PCs. Do you really believe that, after a hard day's work, moms and dads will readily unplug the desktop in dad's office, drag it across the flat and plug it to the plasma in the living room each time kids feel like playing «Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster»? And then that in reverse order?

Hardly.

From a specific kind of gamer, you mean, surely. Their past and predictably forthcoming success shows that they are not removed from other types of gamers.

When quoting me, please do not take what I said out of context, or only use one tiny part of what I said to invalidate the entire thing. That is just plain rude.

I said and will say once again, that our entire set up was in the living room, my PC, my husband's PC and both boy's PC's, they were all in the living room together. Then the boys could choose to play on their own computers with each other on one of their computers, together with my husband and/or I on one of ours, or on the Xbox or Wii. So family time is once again not limited to the console. All of us had desktops, in addition, my husband and I had laptops as well. However, the desktops were set up in the living room, all of them.

Oh, another ho-hum, console vs PC's thread. Isn't the internet littered with this debate already? How many people here have actually already played the game on BOTH PS4 and PC???

Sheesh..!

All I've got to say, is:

Developers make great games, Modders make games great.

-Windebieste.

AgentBlue said:

Hardly.

You are on shaky ground here. My PC is routed (via a wireless set up) to our TV and my six year old seems to have no trouble turning on and playing her games. Just saying...........

Agent_Blue

Kyriene said:
When quoting me, please do not take what I said out of context, or only use one tiny part of what I said to invalidate the entire thing. That is just plain rude.

I said and will say once again, that our entire set up was in the living room, my PC, my husband's PC and both boy's PC's, they were all in the living room together. Then the boys could choose to play on their own computers with each other on one of their computers, together with my husband and/or I on one of ours, or on the Xbox or Wii. So family time is once again not limited to the console. All of us had desktops, in addition, my husband and I had laptops as well. However, the desktops were set up in the living room, all of them.

You completely misunderstood my post.

You described a scenario. I said - and maintain - the scenario you described is quite atypical around here, among my circle of friends, for example. They tend to have a desktop sitting firmly at dad's home office and sure as hell that after a hard day's work they are not going to unplug it, drag it across the flat and plug it to the plasma in the living room just so the family can enjoy some quality time together. Not going to happen.

Instead, some of them have gone with the obvious solution. Buy a console, leave it nearby, always plugged, standing by.
Fussless.

Next time you feel inclined to throw an accusation, consider perhaps there was something you might have misunderstood. This has obviously been the case.

Kyriene said:
You are on shaky ground here. My PC is routed (via a wireless set up) to our TV and my six year old seems to have no trouble turning on and playing her games. Just saying...........

Sorry, I know of no parents with a similar setup (I live in the capital of a first world Western European country).

There is no point to drag anything. What do we have cables for? Digital video can reach pretty far, and controllers can be wireless. So you can as well have your computer in a distance, and avoid using consoles.

AgentBlue said:
Sorry, I know of no parents with a similar setup (I live in the capital of a first world Western European country).
How many parents do you know of all the parents in that first world capital city? :p/>

And what stops anyone from having a small form computer in the living room, for media and games playing? I'm sure parents in a first world capital city can afford more than one home computer.

Agent_Blue

eskiMoe said:
How many parents do you know of all the parents in that first world capital city? :p/>/>

I'll refer you to the concept of sample.

Volsung said:
And what stops anyone from having a small form computer in the living room, for media and games playing? I'm sure parents in a first world capital city can afford more than one home computer.

This is why I'm curious about the Steam box. Sony and MS are trying to make do-it-all entertainment machines when numerous peripherals - tablets, smart phones, smart TV's, I-pods, etc - have been doing this for years. Enter Valve, who is going to release a range of dedicated gaming machines with various price points and fully integrated digital content, another thing the other console devs are way behind in. So your first-world types already have their multipurpose hardware devices. They don't need their console to be that as well. They have the means to invest another $100-$200 in a more powerful rig than the next gen consoles. And in the long run, they'll make that money back given the lower prices for digital downloads. Mind you I'm no Steam fan, but I am fascinated by this latest development.

slimgrin said:
This is why I'm curious about the Steam box. Sony and MS are trying to make do-it-all entertainment machines when numerous peripherals - tablets, smart phones, smart TV's, I-pods, etc - have been doing this for years. Enter Valve, who is going to release a range of dedicated gaming machines with various price points and fully integrated digital content, another thing the other console devs are way behind in. So your first-world types already have their multipurpose hardware devices. They don't need their console to be that as well. They have the means to invest another $100-$200 in a more powerful rig than the next gen consoles. And in the long run, they'll make that money back given the lower prices for digital downloads. Mind you I'm no Steam fan, but I am fascinated by this latest development.

I'm also interested in Valve bringing the PC with a gamepad and possibly wireless keyboard and mouse to the living room, and finally breaking that abstract border between console and computer. We might see a revival of good old PC games, played in front of a desktop or sitting on a couch. Not to mention, presenting Linux as a viable gaming platform.

Perhaps soon we won't be asking whether a game will be "better" on a specific platform, but instead we will be asking how well it adapts to our preferences and expectations.

Just to again confirm what i have said earlier.

Assassin's Creed 4 producer says PC optimization isn't important:

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/assassins_creed_4_black_flag/news/assassins_creed_4_producer_says_pc_optimisation_isnt_important.html

"It's always a question of compromise about the effect, how it looks, and the performance it takes from the system. On PC, usually you don't really care about the performance, because the idea is that if it's not [running] fast enough, you buy a bigger GPU. Once you get on console, you can't have this approach."

I really hope that CD Projekt's philosophy is different!

Ancient76 said:
Just to again confirm what i have said earlier.

Assassin's Creed 4 producer says PC optimization isn't important:

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/assassins_creed_4_black_flag/news/assassins_creed_4_producer_says_pc_optimisation_isnt_important.html

I really hope that CD Projekt's philosophy is different!
Hahaha.

Ubisoft really are the king of bad PR. :D

Why people hates Nvidia? Nvidia has his own rights to sell the cards. Consoles are AMD build and AMD is powerful spec too. Nvidia is out of range on consoles, so nvidia is alone and fights alone to make Money and supports PC users. I do not blame for it. I did play witcher 2 with max setting. But I love witcher games and I also did buy it for Xbox 360 without thinking about visuals or consol power. CD Projcekt did great job on console. it was awsome too playing it too. It's fair simple, if you want play this for extra visuals go play this on pc (Nvidia Home. If you dont care of extra visuals,and only care it beacuse you love the series like me, you have to buy it for any system you like thats all, relax guys just trust CD projekt and play this any system because every system has is own fun experiance PC visuals? Console have voice command and unlimited TV screen in your room :D Just enjoy the game.

Top Bottom