Will this game have an ending?

+
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf_3ZTp4eG4

Also starting a new game on a higher difficulty is so much more fun than NG+

Villentretanmerth said:
If CDPR were to confirm that you can still free-roam after the story, that would mean that Geralt has to survive, unless of course the developers do something similar to Red Dead Redemption.
Well..
At the end of the game Geralt will be M.I.A on one of the Skellige Islands,but his frozen body will be discovered in 2077 and brain fused with robots body made out of alimentum

Saoe said:
Well..
At the end of the game Geralt will be M.I.A on one of the Skellige Islands,but his frozen body will be discovered in 2077 and brain fused with robots body made out of alimentum />
Dude, we're not supposed to reveal that yet...

Saoe said:
Well..
At the end of the game Geralt will be M.I.A on one of the Skellige Islands,but his frozen body will be discovered in 2077 and brain fused with robots body made out of alimentum />/>/>/
Saoe said:
Dude, we're not supposed to reveal that yet...
ha good one :)

OMFG?!! I want to play this game so bad. I'm willing to shell out $200 bucks!!
But only $120 bucks if I can't play the game a second time through with all the cool shit from my first time playing through jkjk. Anyways Thank You CDPR Team and all the other OCD/Aspbergers fans out there

Saoe said:
Well..
At the end of the game Geralt will be M.I.A on one of the Skellige Islands,but his frozen body will be discovered in 2077 and brain fused with robots body made out of alimentum />

Dont give us spoilers for cyberpunk...

I honestly don't mind if we can't free roam after finishing the game. I think we should just do everything we can throughout the duration of the game. I know I'm gonna take my sweet time and savor every minute of it. I can't wait, just talking about it makes me excited. This is the only game besides Dark Souls 2 that I'm really looking forward to/

Even in Assassin's Creed games free roaming after finishing the story felt pointless and dull to me.

Mohasz said:
Even in Assassin's Creed games free roaming after finishing the story felt pointless and dull to me.
Then don't free roam.
We at least want the option to do so, cuz we enjoy traveling through the world to see all the cool things CDPR made in it and do it at our own pace, not having to worry about this and that.
If we at least have the option, we will both be happy cuz It won't effect you!! />

FracturedEarth said:
If we at least have the option, we will both be happy cuz It won't effect you!! />/>
I hate this argument. It does affect us, because there being free roam after the story ending would either mean A) that the story has to end in such a way that Geralt sticks around in his world, which would mean that the writers would be forced to end the story in such a way, even though that might not be their vision, or B ) that even if the story would end in such a way that Geralt isn't around anymore, that he would suddenly still have to ability to roam around which wouldn't make any sense at all and break immersion.

Jobbert said:
I hate this argument. It does affect us, because there being free roam after the story ending would either mean A) that the story has to end in such a way that Geralt sticks around in his world, which would mean that the writers would be forced to end the story in such a way, even though that might not be their vision, or B ) that even if the story would end in such a way that Geralt isn't around anymore, that he would suddenly still have to ability to roam around which wouldn't make any sense at all and break immersion.

You know what might be interesting? What if 1 or 2 of the 36 different endings allowed you to free roam?

So for example, if Geralt dies in an ending, then the game will end (no free roam).

Maybe another ending he sails off into the sunset with Yennefer, and the game ends (no free roam).

But wouldn't it be cool if in one of the endings, maybe the people he cares about die, he has no reason to settle down, and he decides that he needs to continue to wander the continent, hunting monsters and helping people. In terms of story and immersion, this ending would fit with the ability to free-roam after the story was complete. They could even put in some extra quests for that specific ending. Just a thought.

About the so called "36 endings" - there's not going to be that many. The devs already explained that it's more like 36 possible world states that we can end up with.

There will be 3 endings, with 3 different, playable, extensive epilogues - according to the devs.

There's 12 world states, you can have any of them in either of the 3 epilogues thus (3*12=) 36 endings.

That fact that you can have any of them in all of the epilogues kinda makes me worried (too much of a ME3 vibe, where the actual ending and the world states are disconnected) but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm getting kind of confused. The way I was thinking about it was that there were these 3 playable epilogues, after which you get 1 of 36 possible ending scenes/cinematics.

Well, you make choices throughout the campaign resulting in 12 possible final states the world is in (so 4 choices with 2 possible outcomes each, for example). Then there's a major decision at some point (I hope it's a series of choices but it doesn't sound like it), which determines your 1-hour-long playable epilogue. The ending cinematic is probably going to summarise all of those decisions and their consequences.

ReptilePZ said:
Well, you make choices throughout the campaign resulting in 12 possible final states the world is in (so 4 choices with 2 possible outcomes, for example). Then there's a major decision at some point (I hope it's a series of choices but it doesn't sound like it), which determines your 1-hour-long playable epilogue. The ending cinematic is probably going to summarise all of those decisions and their consequences.

Hold on a second. What makes you think that there's only 12 world states instead of 36? I don't know exactly what characterizes a world state but let's say that these are 4 examples of a world state:

1) Novigrad is destroyed

2) Triss is dead

3) Geralt gets his hand cut off

4) One of the seven islands becomes overrun with monsters

and so on etc..

I'm sure a world state will be much more complex than a single thing like I'm listing, but the point is, what makes you think that all 36 world states aren't completely unique. What makes you think that they use 12 world states that are each used 3 times?

Villentretanmerth said:
Hold on a second. What makes you think that there's only 12 world states instead of 36? I don't know exactly what characterizes a world state but let's say that these are 3 examples of a world state:

1) Novigrad is destroyed

2) Triss is dead

3) Geralt gets his hand cut off

4) One of the seven islands becomes overrun with monsters

and so on etc..

I'm sure a world state will be much more complex than a single thing like I'm listing, but the point is, what makes you think that all 36 world states aren't completely unique. What makes you think that they use 12 world states that are each used 3 times?
CDPR confirmed it in the FanKit they released.

three completely different playable epilogues set in one of twelve possible unique world states resulting 36 different endings available.

ReptilePZ said:
CDPR confirmed it in the FanKit they released.

That explains it then. I hadn't heard that. Thanks :)/>

This is interesting.

So you're at the end of the game and you're in 1 of 12 possible world states. Then you make a choice which puts you into 1 of 3 possible epilogues.

It makes me wonder though if the combination of your specific world state with your specific epilogue will produce some kind of unique content(a conversation or a scene, etc) that we wouldn't ever see from a different combination?

Top Bottom