Will TW3 follow the path of ME3?

+
Yes, Geralt will have the choice of merging humans, nonhumans, and monsters into one species, thus solving war once and for all and ushering in eternal peace.

I wouldn't be worried in the least - unless a CDPR dev comes here to announce that "It’s not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings
there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C.....The endings have a lot more sophistication and variety in them."

KnightofPhoenix said:
Yes, Geralt will have the choice of merging humans, nonhumans, and monsters into one species, thus solving war once and for all and ushering in eternal peace.

I just died laughing

coming to ME3, that was a very good game, the problem was as Costin pointed out in various problems, but overall it was great with a high replay value, even though the choices don't come near as TW. But one point is that atleast the importing from game 1/2 was much more than what we saw in TW1/2. I hope TW3 takes this into account, even it's in the background. Besides the sheer joy of seeing a character from previous games :D

I won't comment on the ending of TW3 already or speculate, will just wait for the game to come out. The ending of TW3 is one of THE BEST ending of all the games I have known, and here I'm not even being biased. It was not something 'grand' so subtle which makes it EPIC.

I have trust in CDP they will fulfill. For now WHERE IS THE GODDAM TRAILER??!!

tw3 will license bioware's patented gay romance tech:

I still think ME3 was a good game, but the game has problems. I have a feeling that TW3 will blow ME3 away. The TW2 is a much better game overall than ME3 because people do not have to put up with useless fetch quests and some awful characters like they did in ME3. I do not see this company having to change their ending after a dlc even though fans requested it. Unlike Bioware lately, this company seems to understand their fanbase.

KnightofPhoenix said:

How about Geralt becoming the new King of the Wild Hunt and using the Wild hunt to enforce peace amongst the races? His end dialogue could vary on whether or not he was light side or dark side.

Oh, and all of Geralt's friends end up stuck on an island with no further information given about them.

I don't think W3 will follow the path of Shepard in ME3. There will be some similarities no doubt (as it is the last in the trilogy with Geralt as the protagonist) but I hope they are more inspired by Nolan's batman trilogy than ME3 in terms of ending.

archaven said:
I'm not sure about the end of Witcher series and the fate of Geralt (I didn't read any books). Not sure if the franchise allow or is Geralt going to end up the SAME fate as Shepard?

Due to that ME3 had a huge backlash (bad ending) and your choices doesn't matter. Perhaps what Bioware did was INTENTIONAL to gather popularity by having such a controversial ending.

So will Geralt or the franchise dictates dies in the trilogy? I'm not sure if i'm not gonna like it because all your hard effort just vanished (At least Farcry 3 have 2 choices and not forced at the end).

Have to remember that TW series has been created by CDPR team? And after checking the CDPR attitude and EA in reference to their treatment of their fans and how they offered each respective DLC's yet you dare to compare the possible end of TW3 with ME3? /> /> />

Aver said:
They said that there will be 3 completely different endings based on your choices through the whole game(series?).

And let me guess they're going to be color coded too? Red, Green, Blue

Well I hope there will be those 3 different endings or epilogues, as you say, though CDPR have said that there won't be any chapters. And... After all, why not killing Geralt? I mean... I would prefer him to stay alive, but if it fits the story and is logical (not like Bioware's Starkid...) it's good with me. Also Geralt's death would provide an epic and dramatic conclusion to TW series (if made well). Also it would prevent any pointless discussions about another game with Geralt.
Let's take another example. Also from Bioware. Dragon Age Origins (the Witch Hunt actually). Your own character that you have created stays alive and his story is just cut from there. And I was so mad, when Bioware said that DA2 will be a game about another character... Nothing was known of your character since that point. So I believe that Geralt's death is a better ending than staying alive, but being gone somewhere.
However I want Geralt to stay alive and live happily with Yen and Ciri. But not somewhere far far away where nobody will ever see them again.

Top Bottom