Witcher 3 -also- had a lot of issues. CDPR fixed them. They will this.

+
I have this nagging feeling that the game is unfinished due to cut content or that the city is a pretense for a multiplayer map. I could be wrong, but I won't know for a very long time because the bugs are too much of a drag to continue playing. And why for the love of god can't they design an interface and control scheme for PC? It's their biggest platform for chrissakes.

using games in the past as a means of justification for incomplete trainwrecks of a game needs to stop. Devs need to be held accountable for what they release compared to what they market. Anthem, prime case in point. Everybody who bought anthem should have gotten refunding. EA and bioware should have received borderline fines for that crap. The gaming industry has to be held in a higher standard, especially as things get more and more advanced. There's just simply no excuse for it. In any other industry, this is literal bait and switching, it's a crime. Marketing something, and delivering something completely different. Releasing something that's crap and defending it with " Don't worry, they'll fix it, they have time" just isn't acceptable. DLC and expansions is one thing, a game with cut content and hundreds of bugs and crashes is another.

The difference is that W3 didnt have major features completely cut or bare-bones.

Sure it did. CDPR had lots more plans for stuff than what we played. Cuts are made all the time. Are you on about apartments? Third person cutscenes? These are not major features. Wallrunning? We have actual -parkour- now. Or..something Reddit told you was in the game but never was?

Here's a list of known cut stuff from W3:

And they cut a HUGE chunk with a major Witcher 2 character, Iorveth, that people are bitter about today:

"So I mean, in the super abstract, yes, you are right. Giving Iorveth his own side quest wouldn't have been hard. Actually, we gave him a huge quest and multiple side quests and it was even playable*. But it got cut and it wouldn't have been simple to replace it at that stage of the project.
*Asterix to remind you that as a dev, my definition of playable is not the same as yours. No one who hasn't worked in gamedev really has any idea how janky and ugly games are until very very late in development."

Lots and lots of stuff was cut from W3, some of it really big changes.

This is the reality of artistic work. These aren't "broken promises" or stuff they took away from you, right out of your very hands! This is what it means to make things. Buggy, messed up things, but also beautiful things.

Anyway. Back to Night City. I just razed a Glitter factory. I have 25+ hours in and I have yet to finish the Prologue, on Gigs and side content and helping out locals. And exploring! I'm level 8 and SC 25. About a clean 300,000 euro (not exagerrating) of cyberware on me or in my possession, 90% of it bought.

And some people say there's nothing to do.

1a6a7196-3ea4-4548-b2f6-291bbfaad361.png

Last edited:
Sure it did. CDPR had lots more plans for stuff than what we played. Cuts are made all the time. Are you on about apartments? Third person cutscenes? These are not major features. Wallrunning? We have actual -parkour- now. Or..something Reddit told you was in the game but never was?

And they cut a HUGE chunk with a major Witcher 2 character, Iorveth, that people are bitter about today:

"So I mean, in the super abstract, yes, you are right. Giving Iorveth his own side quest wouldn't have been hard. Actually, we gave him a huge quest and multiple side quests and it was even playable*. But it got cut and it wouldn't have been simple to replace it at that stage of the project.
*Asterix to remind you that as a dev, my definition of playable is not the same as yours. No one who hasn't worked in gamedev really has any idea how janky and ugly games are until very very late in development."

This is the reality of artistic work. These aren't "broken promises" or stuff they took away from you, right out of your very hands! This is what it means to make things. Buggy, messed up things, but also beautiful things.

Anyway. Back to Night City. I just razed a Glitter factory. I have 25+ hours in and I have yet to finish the Prologue, on Gigs and side content and helping out locals. And exploring! I'm level 8 and SC 25. About a clean 300,000 euro (not exagerrating) of cyberware on me or in my possession, 90% of it bought.

Yes, 25 hours in the game running through uninspired gigs in which 10% of them actually have any significant impact on the game or your character. Furthermore, once you're done with all those, you'll beat them main story- And be forced back to a checkpoint, in an empty city.

The main problem is a long list of broken promises. No one forced CDPR to promise all those things they did, but they did anyway.

Of course these broken promises will mean nothing to people who forgot about them (or chose to forget in order to defend CDPR no matter what). Did CDPR promise to add every single item they cut from TW3? No, not really. Did they promise a next gen AI in CP77? Yes, on many occasions.

View attachment 11086451
you can't compare some gwent decks to AI

I just realized something. OP mentioned how TW3 had issues when released. Which is true. So I guess the developers have a habit of releasing unfinished games?

Witcher3 was their first AAA,and they were not big as they are now.So it's normal.

Yep.

TW3 was their first big game, so some degree of leeway was still warranted.
This isn't.

And, as I and others have said before:
Even with the above in mind, TW3 was still the vastly superior product at launch to what CP2077 currently is.
Main reasons for that are to be found all over these forums, and a short digest in my first post in this thread.

Regardless of our disagreements and perspectives of the state of things, I want to express a heartfelt thank you to the mods for having this discussion with us, sharing your point of view where you have and allowing us to share ours with you and the community in return. I apologize if this is comment is inappropriate in terms of forum etiquette which is something I am largely unfamiliar with and would be terrible at following even if I were, but I just want to express that as a human being, I genuinely appreciate this forum, the way you guys run it, and the extent to which the mods of this forum have allowed freedom of expression to take place and especially so in this chaotic moment.

Thank you.

Day 1 Bug it ok to me GTA /Skyrim/fallout4/The sims4 /red dead redemption 2/they have day1 bug too but bug Just a bug all the game have bug it normal but uncompleted game release as completed is not normal. And CD Project Red is not small indie game Studio And there have a lot of advertainment before and game not cheap 60$ .is very impotent in dystopia third party unequal kingdom with richest Dictator king like my country .

Day 1 Bug it ok to me GTA /Skyrim/fallout4/The sims4 /red dead redemption 2/they have day1 bug too but bug Just a bug all the game have bug it normal but uncompleted game release as completed is not normal. And CD Project Red is not small indie game Studio And there have a lot of advertainment before and game not cheap 60$ .is very impotent in dystopia third party unequal kingdom with richest Dictator king like my country .

Well said. I hope CDPR makes it right for you and that the product you spent your hard earned money on may eventually be redeemed into something worthy of your confidence.

Oh my knight in shiny white armor...
If we need some random to talk for CDPR future plans and "promise" us it will be fixed.
Then these are dire times.

If you accept what they did, then state exactly that.
Say "I fully accept they cut content and corners, i accept the false advertisement, and i accept the plethora of issus."
Then go on and try to relay your point...also tell it to the consumers with 10 fps on their consoles.

Otherwise leave people in peace to have their own opinion, for their own paid money and don't decide for them.

I played TW3 this year for the first time. During the final boss battle I (as the player) was stuck on a ship far away from the boss as Geralt was being destroyed because I could no longer control his movements.

No, I don't have faith that they will fix everything because they "fixed" TW3. They didn't do that.

Well said. I hope CDPR makes it right for you and that the product you spent your hard earned money on may eventually be redeemed into something worthy of your confidence.
I not want to redeemed !I want only to play a good game.I live in truely dystopia country .You know night City is better than my Country. The game it have only Megacorporation but my country have .(Dictator King,Junta,and Megacorporation ) support with Brainwashing people like my mom conflict with Democratic Support people like me we can kill another on anytime because the politic vision

One way to escape this country is escape to another world. game is only way too escape now

Top Bottom