Witcher 3 First 15 minutes gameplay!

+
Is it literally sun rising from the west or just broken compass?

It is rising sun in the west, since a "broken" compass would just point in the wrong direction.
But i assume the MAP and the direction NORTH are working just normal, and the lightsource
just starts at the wrong point in the day / night circle. So to "fix" this Bug REDs have 2 options
(to speak simple here :D, i know it is not) They "rotate" the lightsource and its pivot until is suits
the direction, or they rotate the map with all the stuff on it. Guess first thing it is ;)

Unfortunatly i don t know the RED Engine 3 and how complex it is to "edit" the world box
of TW3. What i said also depends of HOW the sun is circling in that worldbox with the map.
full circle or just a half circle with on / off subroutine and so on and so on...

Last edited:
Edit: I spoke too soon. Didn't know this had gotten an answer.

So it was a bug then? @theta77 confirms it. Yeah, I personally haven't heard a word, so I'm hoping devs aren't mad at me for discovering this. I feel somewhat shunned however. :cry:

@theta77 Oh.. no worries, it will all come together soon enough.

I would have never even noticed this, if another fan hadn't pointed it out! lol..

You calling me a fan now?

Last edited:
Edit: I spoke too soon. Didn't know this had gotten an answer.

So it was a bug then? @theta77 confirms it. Yeah, I personally haven't heard a word, so I'm hoping devs aren't mad at me for discovering this. I feel somewhat shunned however. :'(

You calling me a fan now?
HaHa yeah.. you crazy fanboy! ;)
Doood, good going finding this... I can just hear all the damn game sites tomorrow start buzzing shit about it.
FUCK, here we go again :)

Last edited:
I do believe the Developers of The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt don't need you to tell them what debugging is and how to fix their own game. Maybe you should read the statement again, it's content locked hence why they can't touch the game right now.

I say leave it if it's not broke then don't fix it, who's to say that the Sun doesn't rise/set from south to north in the Witcher world?
It doesn't really bother me hmm...

I say leave it if it's not broke then don't fix it, who's to say that the Sun doesn't rise/set from south to north in the Witcher world?
It doesn't really bother me hmm...
Game 1, game 1, game 3 outside the prologue.

I'm not bothered. This mistake is more amusing than it is annoying.

This content lock means the game is already finished and not being worked on?
Not really. My understand is - at one point of time in development you have to decide when all your features and 'content' is done that is - all game features implemented, then it's frozen at that point. This is submitted to Sony/MS/whatever for Certification. The code is certified and then it's printed to disks etc(Going Gold). You cannot modify the certified code otherwise you'll have to send it to them for re-certification, that takes time.

What you can do however is add/modify/remove whatever you need to in a patch, this is why Day 1 patches exist because month(s) before release the game has to be content locked/finalized and submitted for certification and then gold, you cannot change things or otherwise you'll have to suffer delays.

Oh but they ARE. You will be forced to pay double price of the game and your Geralt can only use one hand and no potions whatsoever ;) :p

But...but...I'll gladly pay that price. It's...the Witcher....and CDPR. Honestly I'd pay triple price.

I know you're joking, but your post is tremendously funny. More than you'll ever know, but you can't possibly know who I am, so I'll let it slide.

Yet, on a serious note, I feel very badly about this whole event. I do. I discovered something no one had pointed out. And the devs have an entire team checking for these things. Well I guess they have. Or I'll gladly apply for the job(seriously, I would love that job!!!).

The bug, isn't such a big a deal though, and the sunrise does look sweet. But it's still a bug. And I got no word on this when I asked about it. Not even, dare I say it, a thank you for actually spotting an error, a unintentional flaw in the game. So yeah, it kinda rubs me the wrong way. I know they have more important things to do but...

I mean I would fall over of happiness to hear from the devs that I admire, or get some cred for helping. Now it just feels like:

Of course, this is only how I feel. God knows what goes on in CDPR HQ. Possibly they're throwing darts on my Avatar pic.

I understand it's a great endeavor CDPR are undertaking, so of course they can't possibly account for everything in the game.

Anyone with even the slightest inkling of empathy can understand this, and even forgive it. It's nothing really. And yet, I found a bug. And now I feel badly for pointing it out.

Last edited:
:'( but...but...i'll gladly pay that price. It's...the witcher....and cdpr. Honestly i'd pay triple price.

I know you're joking, but your post is tremendously funny. More than you'll ever know, but you can't possibly know who i am, so i'll let it slide.
roflmao!!!

Yet, on a serious note, i feel very badly about this whole event. I do. I discovered something no one had pointed out. And the devs have an entire team checking for these things. Well i guess they have. Or i'll gladly apply for the job(seriously, i would love that job!!!).

The bug, isn't such a big a deal though, and the sunrise does look sweet. But it's still a bug. And i got no word on this when i asked about it. Not even, dare i say it, a thank you for actually spotting an error, a unintentional flaw in the game. So yeah, it kinda rubs me the wrong way. I know they have more important things to do but...

I mean i would fall over of happiness to hear from the devs that i admire, or get some cred for helping. Now it just feels like:

of course, this is only how i feel. God knows what goes on in cdpr hq. Possibly they're throwing darts on my avatar pic.

I understand it's a great endeavor cdpr are doing, so of course they can't possibly account for everything in the game.

Anyone with even the slightest inkling of empathy can understand this, and even forgive it. It's nothing really. And yet, i found a bug. And now i feel badly for pointing it out.
roflmao!!!

come on its quite easy to fix :p
just change the position of the "N" on the mini map put it on south,and swap the orientation of the whole map,north on bottom and south on top...
it's called duct tape debugging

Fans who know witcher lore well and know how map should look like won't be happy if Skellige Islands were on east side of the map and Novigrad was south of Vizima.

Top Bottom