Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why we're still discussing this. The developers themeselves admit to made some visual compromises to be able to run the game on consoles and maybe PC:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on. We now just hope that PC version will one day get what we saw on trailers and gameplays. DX12 could help for example - on Xbox as well.

"It's very important to stress: we are continuously working on the PC version, and we will be adding a lot of stuff, and there is more to come. We've proven it in the past that we support our games and we will be looking at the feedback and trying to make it better."

Last edited:
Why we're still discussing this. The developers themeselves admit to made some visual compromises to be able to run the game on consoles and maybe PC:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on. We now just hope that PC version will one day get what we saw on trailers and gameplays. DX12 could help for example - on Xbox as well.

"It's very important to stress: we are continuously working on the PC version, and we will be adding a lot of stuff, and there is more to come. We've proven it in the past that we support our games and we will be looking at the feedback and trying to make it better."

this thread exists to follow the progress of TW3 graphics, and because talking about graphics, hardware and coding is fun.
as for what you posted, speeches and words are nice, but actions are what matters. so i'm going to wait and see if they'll make it happen and not just empty words.

this thread exists to follow the progress of TW3 graphics, and because talking about graphics, hardware and coding is fun.
as for what you posted, speeches and words are nice, but actions are what matters. so i'm going to wait and see if they'll make it happen and not just empty words.

We will be satisfied and give accolades to CD Projekt Red after , not before they accomplish a task.

this thread exists to follow the progress of TW3 graphics, and because talking about graphics, hardware and coding is fun. .

Sorry but my post was originaly in other thread (moved here) - about downgrade or not (well the video in the OP sais that). In this thread I have nothing wrong to say, it's just silly that people still argue about the downgrade or not issue.

Sorry but my post was originaly in other thread (moved here) - about downgrade or not (well the video in the OP sais that). In this thread I have nothing wrong to say, it's just silly that people still argue about the downgrade or not issue.
it's quite alright ^^
we just worship this game and it's AMAZING from in every aspect, we just want it to improve visually and reach the level of the E3 2014 demo. we know it's not an easy task and we're willing to be patient, just to get that level of visuals again.
plus, we're friendly people and give free cookies ^^
here have one :3

actually, the REDkit 2 was confirmed last year (during gamescom 2014 i think ?) by official statements but also during multiple interviews. as for the files not being very mod friendly, i don't know. perhaps it'll be fixed with patches ? or maybe the modders will find something they can manipulate in there ?
They also confirmed there was no downgrade. So far they said they're focusing on the DLC and expansions before the Redkit 2 and that is the opposite of what they said previously, before they said there would be early mod tools and now it's delayed for a good half a year or more. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel it.

They were talking about 2013 trailers and not 2014 gameplay which, according to what we know, had no reason to be downgraded.

They also confirmed there was no downgrade. So far they said they're focusing on the DLC and expansions before the Redkit 2 and that is the opposite of what they said previously, before they said there would be early mod tools and now it's delayed for a good half a year or more. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel it.

fair enough, let's just hope they'll release it in a month or two max

I thought that Wircher 3 will be king of graphics like DEV said before. But now I think that king of graphics will Mad Max. Of course there are not foliage or water like witcher 3 but anyway. With SOD graphics quality I think witcher 3 will win Mad Max. Of course if DEV will make it look like SOD trailer.

Cdpr don't have to do anything.
They have a world wide hit.

They have a tough decision to make right now about whether or not to keep working really hard to reach their DLC and expansion pack deadlines AND get the PC build as good as can be. Or make us wait 2 years. Or not bother.

They have made it and the marketing machine will make cyberpunk a massive hit as well. So that's in the bag and that's their next 5 years wages sorted.

They can leave us PC grade graphics players out to dry and not suffer financially if they wanted.

Remember they have been working insanely hard. (Possibly more so because consoles were not good enough)

Well we've seen extended editions on the previous releases. I have hope. I think they love this game as their precious child, so chances for improvements are high. DX12 could help as well.

Cdpr don't have to do anything.
They have a world wide hit.

They have a tough decision to make right now about whether or not to keep working really hard to reach their DLC and expansion pack deadlines AND get the PC build as good as can be. Or make us wait 2 years. Or not bother.

They have made it and the marketing machine will make cyberpunk a massive hit as well. So that's in the bag and that's their next 5 years wages sorted.

They can leave us PC grade graphics players out to dry and not suffer financially if they wanted.

Remember they have been working insanely hard. (Possibly more so because consoles were not good enough)

That's the sad truth. The hope is slim but there is hope nonetheless that they will make an already great game into a timeless masterpiece it was supposed to be while not skimping on anything including the graphics.

Last edited:
Tweaks for better graphics on the user settings ini file

Hi guys!!! First of all, i want to congratulate CDPR for the amazing game they made and their ability to deliver on all the promises made!! But im kind of interested on making the game look as good as on the VGX trailer or e3 demo...Has anyone found or made a user settings ini file with tweaks that make the game look as close as on those trailers?? Ty in advance!!! :D :D

Hi guys!!! First of all, i want to congratulate CDPR for the amazing game they made and their ability to deliver on all the promises made!! But im kind of interested on making the game look as good as on the VGX trailer or e3 demo...Has anyone found or made a user settings ini file with tweaks that make the game look as close as on those trailers?? Ty in advance!!! :D :D

What do you think why there is a almost 140 page long thread about this topic?
tweaks in .ini files dont even get you close to 2014 / 2013 trailers.

most of the settings on the ini files are locked, you can only increase grass density, foliage view distance, shadow quality, shadow view distance, thats it

view/lod distance still locked and butchered by that blue fog

Last edited:
Sometimes you have to make an early Caesarean section in order to bring the child to the world before it dies :D

and there's a bunch of people outside the operating room yelling that the child is stillborn when it's alive and kicking :)

---------- Updated at 07:54 PM ----------

I thought that Wircher 3 will be king of graphics like DEV said before. But now I think that king of graphics will Mad Max. Of course there are not foliage or water like witcher 3 but anyway. With SOD graphics quality I think witcher 3 will win Mad Max. Of course if DEV will make it look like SOD trailer.

mad max isn't released yet, and it looks like garbage. far worse than witcher 3 on low setting:

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2757512/mad-max-wasteland-1_1920.1373894087.jpg

that looks like a fallout 3 mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom