Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The video description says no reshade / sweet ...

---------- Updated at 08:22 AM ----------

For those who ask about a more grim universe i did that...

Thank God the game doesn't actually look like that. Seriously, 99% of games these days all have color schemes that can be summed up with "Gun gray and dog shit brown with a pinch of muted dreariness to bland it up a tiny bit more."

LOL look at those buildings, and look at Geralt. The game looks 10 years old.
You are delusional.

This game is 8 years old, so if you still believe The Witcher 3 looks 10 years old, you are delusional or trolling.

You are delusional.

This game is 8 years old, so if you still believe The Witcher 3 looks 10 years old, you are delusional or trolling.
what he meant is that the buildings look very bad, even for an open world game. seriously, i've never seen such horrid textures and flat walls in any of the previous gen games.
you can tell that the buildings were meant to have tesselation on them, but got cut at the last minutes.

speaking of wall tesselation, if it's really not present in the game. can't we somehow put it there ourselves ?
i remember once seeing (forgot where) a mod that uses files from a completely different game to fix certain issues. can't we do the same with TW3 ?

Last edited:
So what do you think looks best? It is the matter of taste and not facts so I ask.

Of course the hair looks no different in a still shot regardless of your hairworks option.

While in motion Hairworks looks considerably better.

Seriously, 99% of games these days all have color schemes that can be summed up with "Gun gray and dog shit brown with a pinch of muted dreariness to bland it up a tiny bit more."

Really? I actually think exactly the contrary. All latest games are super vivid with a lot of colors, no matter the setting. You can count the games with a desaturated look in the fingers of your hand, even in genres that usually had that color scheme in the past, as survival horror or similar.

Last edited:
Buildings look great and so do they from inside and out.

---------- Updated at 10:36 AM ----------

Of course the hair looks no different in a still shot regardless of your hairworks option.

While in motion Hairworks looks considerably better.
They do look different, I never said otherwise.
Can't you tell the difference, even the beard? Oh well.
I think ON looks better on still and in motion.

Really? I actually think exactly the contrary. All latest games are super vivid with a lot of colors, no matter the setting. You can count the games with a desaturated look in the fingers of your hand, even in genre that usually had that color scheme in the past, as survival horror or similar.

Basically any game where a gun is present is going for that kind of look and given the amount of games focusing predominantly on the shooting, its a really tired "art style" that needs to go away. Hell, even the new Batman game went out of its way to give everything this metallic, grey-esque shine to it and doesn't work.

You are delusional.

Yup and that 8 years old game looks damn fine compared to the Witcher 3. These buildings (and many other surroundings) are just laughable.

Yup and that 8 years old game looks damn fine compared to the Witcher 3. These buildings (and many other surroundings) are just laughable.
I feel sorry that you feel that way, must be awful for you.
I'm glad that I don't have your problems, this game looks most amazing, from buildings to the forest. :)

Basically any game where a gun is present is going for that kind of look and given the amount of games focusing predominantly on the shooting, its a really tired "art style" that needs to go away. Hell, even the new Batman game went out of its way to give everything this metallic, grey-esque shine to it and doesn't work.
i know what you mean. "hey ! here's a game liked primarly for its uniqueness. let's take it and make it like EVERYTHING ELSE"
TW3 original artistic direction and variated color palette, as shown in SoD trailer and the E3 2014 35 min had their own unique feel just like the previous 2 games.

but now it changed for some reason. i mean look at no man's land swamp ! it looks too damn bright and colorful with no fog giving an evil-ish vibe.

Last edited:
OMG, it's NOT trueeeee (not in absolute terms)!!!! What you say happens only if the colors are changed, but not all presets change/desaturate colors (and even then if the preset is done well the author should test it in various conditions to see that the color change is uniform under all circumstances). There are some presets that don't touch colors/saturation at all so how in the hell can happen what you say on those instances? You can even do a preset by yourself and not change colors and just tweak a little other things if you want to. Reshade doesn't nothing automatically (i.,e. it doesn't automatically change colors).

You continue to insist something that's factually wrong just because you tried a couple of presets that changed the colors/saturation from vanilla and you didn't like the effect on certain scenarios. Not all presets do this, not all presets alter the color scheme of vanilla (some do some others don't, it depends). For example a preset like E3FX dramatically changes colors (adding a blue filter all over the scene), while my E3 preset don't change colors at all, so the scenes are exactly the same as in vanilla (the only thing changed is contrast and other little things to simulate a different lightning).

You have this notion that just because you use SweetFX colors change. It is not so. You can either add a filter yourself that does nothing more than add SMAA if you want to, without touching anything else (the image will be exactly the same as vanilla only with less jagged edges, nothing more and nothing less). SweetFX is not equal to "change colors", at all.
I am aware of that sweetfx is more than just a colors correction filter. I have done a bit of tweaking on my own, I tried to fiddle around with liftgamma, tonemapping, vibrance, curves and technicolor, but they dont do that much except for ruining the color and gamma of the game. And lumasharpening is nothing more than a basic sharpening tool similar to that of the one ingame.

I can achieve better antialising without having to use a third party tool like sweetfx.

---------- Updated at 10:58 AM ----------

I rather wait for Boris Vorontsov to release a enb for the witcher 3 thats adds a modified shader and proper dof to the game.

---------- Updated at 11:09 AM ----------

what annoys me is that people believe they can make the game look better by adding a bit of bloom, changing the colorpattern and adding a bit gaussian and blur to the game. dont get me started on the dirty lens, just horrible. X(

You are delusional.

Many aspects of TW3 are 10 years old though, architecture LOD especially is actually worse than in TW1 which is just nuts. There are also dozens of textures in TW1 that are better than a lot of the textures you see in TW3 especially in Novigrad. It blew my mind when I looked up at the roof shingles, Vizima in TW1 has more detail on those. Nobody believes TW1 is more impressive to look at but it does do some things better simply because it's a fully updated PC game compared to this console port.

Many aspects of TW3 are 10 years old though, architecture LOD especially is actually worse than in TW1 which is just nuts. There are also dozens of textures in TW1 that are better than a lot of the textures you see in TW3 especially in Novigrad. It blew my mind when I looked up at the roof shingles, Vizima in TW1 has more detail on those. Nobody believes TW1 is more impressive to look at but it does do some things better simply because it's a fully updated PC game compared to this console port.

Amen this ^^

I'm glad that I don't have your problems, this game looks most amazing, from buildings to the forest.
I wish I had your problem! Outside of cutscenes(especially in interiors) and certain times of day the game looks downright bad. The EE, if there is one, is going to be mighty impressive. TW2 before patches was more impressive to look at aside from the bloom. You really overstate the visuals in this game.

Originally Posted by IrregularJohn @Witcherman, Ditto. And what does that tell you? An 8-year old game looking better at times than the new one that's supposedly cutting-edge and all that BS.

http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,964...05381.html?i=5 This is a link to the comparison of some of the scenes from the Sword Of Destiny trailer with the retail game. I haven't seen those anywhere yet. Jesus Effing Christ :((((

My goodness! What the HELL has CDPR done!?

They totally wrecked a beautiful piece of art this game was! INCOMPREHENSIBLE!

How do you like new cross-eyed Yennefer on a boat

And this is just heart-breaking

Attachments

• appaling2.jpg
    appaling2.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 73
  • appaling1.jpg
    appaling1.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 63
I think the details of the environment & characters are very good, but let down a bit by the flat lighting.

The pictures with all the ladies & Geralt is an example. I know its night, but moonlight produce glow also- The shading on the characters & boat just looks flat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom