Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont forget though Witcher 3 4k optimization is bad...

Yea most cards wouldnt be able to handle it. But it still wouldve been achievable with some stuff turned down.

Is there actually a chance tesselation will be redone properly by modders, is that a thing people will be able to work on? Im talking tesselation not parallax. Its funny, people wanted tesellation in Skyrim so bad, they just added parallax textures lol. Works out too, looks like theyre tesselated.

And on an other note: does the diminishing returns thing also applies to resolution?

Mods are what made Skyrim great, but if CDPR decides to completely let go of the pc community they will release patches, dlcs and whatnot before releasing the redkit which would be dumb. By the Fallout 4 is gonna be out, which means NO ENB and much LESS MODS.
Dont want that to happen.
+1000
the REDkit 2 needs to be released soon, as in a month, or modding will die, and probably destroyed by the release of Fallout 4. not just for a more complex graphic tweaking and modding, but also for other things like rebalances and such.

We actually get anything from forcing tesselation via drivers?

No, naturally. The drivers can change only the amount of something existing in this case, they cannot create something from scratch. How could drivers create, for example, tesselation on the ground? From where do they take the specifics to do so? It is not like AA, for example, that can be applied to all image as an overlay.

+1000
the REDkit 2 needs to be released soon, as in a month, or modding will die, and probably destroyed by the release of Fallout 4. not just for a more complex graphic tweaking and modding, but also for other things like rebalances and such.

Well..not destroyed. Witcher has some hardcore fans. But, yeah, lessened attention.

When is REDkit due? I know, right, a mod asking..but I'm blanking on this one. Has enyone seen an ETA?

Fallout 4 won't be out for..hmm. Google. "“The official store is run independently by Treehouse. We have not shared any news on a release date,” a Bethesda PR said to GamingBolt."

So, yeah. Bet on a while. At least not until Fall, quite possibly with delays next Spring. I always bet on delays.

[video]https://youtu.be/HBRkEucUqvk[/video]
Great

Tesselation is missing for me

Sorry I try to speak civilly and with regard for polite discourse. BUT I FAILED.

Have a Pony.

Here you go my friend

Last edited:
They must´ve had a lot of time for Fallout 4 though.

Somewhere in the forums a CDPR dev said they will focus on dlcs, patches and so on first, cant recall where it is though.

Lets just hope it will take awhile for Fallout 4 to be released.

Are there any others game releases that could diminish the amounts of witcher 3 mods coming out?

I personally think that CDPR doesn't need any modding community to make the game look better. Why? because they already have the assets(meshes, particles, rendering engine and nvidia gameworks) to do so by themselves.
They can simply roll out an Enhanced edition some months later (if they are allowed to) and make it the graphical miracle of the decade, which was actually their initial intention.

I personally think that CDPR doesn't need any modding community to make the game look better. Why? because they already have the assets(meshes, particles, rendering engine and nvidia gameworks) to do so by themselves.
They can simply roll out an Enhanced edition some months later (if they are allowed to) and make it the graphical miracle of the decade, which was actually their initial intention.

It doesnt really make sense to downgrade the graphics to upgrade them again a few months later.
Also: yes. They can improve the game themselves, of course they can. But a passionate community with hundreds of artists, modders, tweakers can create more in a month then CDPR ever could. If youve witnessed the uprising of the Skyrim modding community you know what Im talking about.
By now thousands of armors, weapons, npcs, huge questlines, completely new worlds have been added to Skyrim, and it still keeps going.

Soon Enderal is gonna come out which is like a completely new (free) game based on the Skyrim engine, 100+ hours playtime.
And I know some more projects as ambitious as that one.

Was a great decision by Bethesda to publish the CreationKit, it gave Skyrim a very, very long life.

It doesnt really make sense to downgrade the graphics to upgrade them again a few months later.
Also: yes. They can improve the game themselves, of course they can. But a passionate community with hundreds of artists, modders, tweakers can create more in a month then CDPR ever could. If youve witnessed the uprising of the Skyrim modding community you know what Im talking about.
By now thousands of armors, weapons, npcs, huge questlines, completely new worlds have been added to Skyrim, and it still keeps going.

Soon Enderal is gonna come out which is like a completely new (free) game based on the Skyrim engine, 100+ hours playtime.

Was a great decision by Bethesda to publish the CreationKit, it gave Skyrim a very, very long life.

Actually I do not think that we will see the mods similar to Skrim. Was there big mods for witcher 2? No. Why? I think, because Redkit was released very late. And I am afraid we will see same scenario with Witcher 3. I did not buy Witcher 3. I am waiting for better graphics mods. Official or unofficial. But not swetfx or reshade. The graphics mod from actual red engine. After that I will buy and with great pleasure will play this game. But if there will not be the graphics mod I will not buy and play this game. I really did not expect this from CDProject.

To be honest I am pretty sure CDP will try their best in the coming months to make graphical mods unnecessary by improving the performance and consequently add more graphic intensive effects to the game. That is the goal of any good developer, to get and make the most out of the game.

It is a bit frustrating, sure, to think that, if people are gonna hassle to mod certain things in that have been taken out, why not just leave them in there in the first place?
But this is the reality of gamedev. Performance is probably the most important thing to them. And that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

As they continue to improve the performance, I am sure more things will be upgraded.

Because they(and others) want them. Mod tools also let end users optimize the game themselves.

Huh? I know. You misunderstand I think. I was making a hypothetical statement. If the features were already in the game, and they know people will just mod them back in, then why not just keep them in and save people the hassle?

And, to be clear, this isn't necessarily my opinion. It is just what I think is the clear consensus around here.

If youve witnessed the uprising of the Skyrim modding community you know what Im talking about.

Wow, if The Witcher 3 can be like that, a good MOD kit will be the greatest gift CDPR can give to their fans.

They should release it sooner while TW 3 is still HOT, Skyrim got its CreationKit 3 months after release. I hope CDPR will release theirs more or less the same time of arrival of SCK

Last edited:
Huh? I know. You misunderstand I think. I was making a hypothetical statement. If the features were already in the game, and they know people will just mod them back in, then why not just keep them in and save people the hassle?
Sorry you're right I did read it wrong. I don't think they removed things for optimization though and I wonder if they can even improve it.

To be honest I am pretty sure CDP will try their best in the coming months to make graphical mods unnecessary by improving the performance and consequently add more graphic intensive effects to the game. That is the goal of any good developer, to get and make the most out of the game.

It is a bit frustrating, sure, to think that, if people are gonna hassle to mod certain things in that have been taken out, why not just leave them in there in the first place?
But this is the reality of gamedev. Performance is probably the most important thing to them. And that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

As they continue to improve the performance, I am sure more things will be upgraded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU2E6zMSQCU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom