Witcher Toolset

+
My interpretation of this is the toolset doesn't allow you to access the source code of the game, like most other toolsets. I'm sure you can access all the assets of the game and change the story in the game (as it was created in the toolset), but nothing pertaining to the code directly. Granted, depending on how powerful the scripting tools are, you still get quite a bit of freedom for the scripting language.

So the toolset is being delayed till the release of enhanced edition?So much for soon.Most serious modders have already left now, anyways.

A toolset for The Witcher...There are no new things in 2008 (except from the possilbe release of Bioware's Dragon Age) which seem more important and exciting. I am anxiously awaiting it's release.Of course, we should be careful expecting too much.

Huh? Mass Effect is coming to PC? Wishful thinking or official information (as in "they did a press release anouncing it") ?

SpiritWolf448 said:
Huh? Mass Effect is coming to PC? Wishful thinking or official information (as in "they did a press release anouncing it") ?
Yeah, it's official! :) It is on their Home Page:http://nwn.bioware.com/index.htmlI haven't heard anything about a toolset for that, though.

nereng said:
Yeah, it's official! :) It is on their Home Page:http://nwn.bioware.com/index.htmlI haven't heard anything about a toolset for that, though.
Gah. Haven't looked at the bioware page for at least 4 month now. ^_^" Ah well, that means I can finally start my "games-to-get" list for 2008. ;DAnd worries, wether they release an editor or not for that, if KotOR is any indication, some talented people from the community may likely crack the whole thing open if the officials themselves don't provide means to mod.

I know that this might have been asked before, but does anybody want to hazard a quess as to the approximate cost of the Enhanced Edition when it does reach the store shelves in the UK & other countries...???

My past experience tells me..I better wait for a stable,good and usefull tollset as to huddle di duddle with a borked toolset that is, was and stays borked ]:-> But thats just my personal preference. And anyway can you do some work already... creating textures and raw geometry should be fine.

LordMephisto said:
A toolset for The Witcher...There are no new things in 2008 (except from the possilbe release of Bioware's Dragon Age) which seem more important and exciting. I am anxiously awaiting it's release.Of course, we should be careful expecting too much.
I dunno if this will be exciting to you or not, but NWN2 will have a Second Expansion Pack.

LordMephisto said:
I know theres a bunch of new things coming out this year... Mainly for console though, not that much for PC.17 days to go!

...console games :Dand thats the point, console games yeah. Have fun modding a console game if you can or else.. your in the wrong thread mate. The crysis sdk was recently released but i realy realy doubt that any group will ever ever ever release just one finished mod for it. If you like a game and it´s your style, stick with it and dont jump into to many things thinking you can do/ have everything. How many "serious" modders have vanished here and there during the past because of brickering bleh bleh bleh but almost cuz of their own motivation? To many imo, only the real dedicated ones survive and complete something.

Well I can tell you guys right now, our team is here to stay regardless of how long the toolset takes. To be quite honest, if anyone is looking to do any mod that is on the scale of even one level or act, you still have a lot of work that needs to be done before even touching the toolset. Especially considering all 3D work needs to be done outside of the toolset and imported in from Max. That in itself is a huge undertaking. I can tell you that from experience, and we're doing an entire game to the scale of The Witcher. Already pulling our hair out and we haven't even seen the toolset yet. :)

diademus said:
...console games :Dand thats the point, console games yeah. Have fun modding a console game if you can or else.. your in the wrong thread mate.....
I don't think I'm in the wrong thread. "There are no new things in 2008" - I just thought i'd mention it :)Anyways, I read somewhere that you can't modify the actual game with the SDK coming out, only add to it... Does this mean you can't do stuff like move a few buildings slightly to make room for a new one?

Well we're not getting the SDK, only a toolset. SDK implies that you are given access to the game engine to build a completely new game. Typically a toolset only allows you to create content based on the features of the game, though scripting can go a long way. My understanding is we won't be able to access the engine, nor the source code of the game. But I'm sure you could change around the game in the constraints of the toolset, as well as add custom quests, characters, etc. Also can create whole new adventures.

That's right, this toolset is a module editor, not the whole game editor. This is the tool that the designers were using to make The Wicther - it has a lot of options and functions.

could it be possible to play with previous version of Geralt as he appears in the collector's edition book? don't ask me why, but all the girl I show the art book prefer the previous one instead of the final version..

Top Bottom