Witcher Toolset

+
SpiritWolf448 said:
"Soon" in corporate speak can mean anyhwere between "in a few hours" to "in a few months" in my experience. :(
I think it's quite precise :) Don't be angry, we'll release it as soon as it is ready for you to use. The forum has been established so you would be prepared for this event. A little more patience and you'll be able to lay your hands on our still fresh and hot Djinni :)

KatarzynaKuczyska said:
KatarzynaKuczyska said:
"Soon" in corporate speak can mean anyhwere between "in a few hours" to "in a few months" in my experience. :(
I think it's quite precise :) Don't be angry, we'll release it as soon as it is ready for you to use. The forum has been established so you would be prepared for this event. A little more patience and you'll be able to lay your hands on our still fresh and hot Djinni :)
I love your work and the fact that you are involved with us all, no I'm serious. :beer:

It's a good sign that these new forums arrived. :) It must mean the toolset will be here soon! (yes, yes, I know that "soon" can mean anything!).*Hurries back to the News page to see if it arrived since the last time I looked (two minutes ago)*

Xerxes712 said:
Hey that is good news to hear toolset is coming out.So we can make new quest and stories, plus new and interesting monsters to kill.I wonder if Djinni can make new map areas for Geralt to hunt for new monster lairs? Or are we limited to the in game original maps?
Im wondering about this the most, too. So ill second this question. Will we be able to build our own areas, forests, cities, dungeons, lake shores, mountains etc?

Also hope we can build new areas. Should be some basic function in any SDK for a game imho.I presently dream of some Vyzima's Invasion ... See ... one night (could be in Act II / III), suddenly, something happens .. A Striga (or worst, homemade .. Dragon, yes, who said dragon ? The Mother of All Dragons ...) appears, breaks trough Cemetary gates, then dozens, what I say .. hundreds of Graviers, Ghould, Alghouls, well, all that night stuff, invade the streets, hunting for blood and fresh meat. Aaaah, see'em bashing Order's personal ! Finally !Just that I plan the Dragon's size, it would never feet into Temple / Trade Quarter streets. Wil have to make some buildings crash so her majesty has some place to start the feast :)...Uhm, sorry, overexcited ^^

When the Toolset comes out, will there1. ...Be a Wiki online for the SDK?2. ...A SDK Digital Manual in maybe a PDF Format for Witcher owners to download from this site???

CPCMad said:
Also hope we can build new areas. Should be some basic function in any SDK for a game imho.
The Witcher is not a height mapped game. CDP created the areas for The Witcher in 3dsmax 8 and 9.You should temper your expectations. That said, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Patience.

3DSMax 8/9 ? Damned, last time I used it, was the 7.x ... (and still, demo version* I download for the lessons I teached to teenagers willing to see / learn about 3D graphics)(* demo without time / functionnality limit ...)

areadesign done in a pro 3d app were foreseen back in the days as q3ta was full in motion. I´m realy happy with the decission to go the way it is meant to be. I have a whole dungeon ready that only needs some tweaking maybe when i´m aware of how lighting is used ingame. No texture blending needed yet for me. Geometry is textured already btw. If the uvmaps are in the withcer as in 3dsmax then it´s perfect!Looking forward to Djjinni, thanks alot for it in advance,regardsdiademus

Official info, just in case someone didn't knowD'jinni will be available for download to registered users only

Soon. (Which as usual could mean a timespan somewhere between "in a few minutes" to "in a few months"...) ^_^"In other words, CDPR are currently using the usual corporate delaying tactic. Anounce that something will "soon" be released (even if it is nowhere near ready for release) to make sure the fans don't get bored and leave for other games. I still think they should just have said the Duke Nukem Forever line... it's done when it's done. ;D At least would have been a little more honest. Of course, it is more than likely than a good chunk of people wpuld have packed their bags and headed for greener pastures then. ;)In the end, it's all business.

Daerdin said:
Official info, just in case someone didn't knowD'jinni will be available for download to registered users only
That's a little inconvenient for those of us who dont' have a reliable internet-connection. Any suggestions for those? I'm currently considering registering the game on an internet-cafe machine and then try to download from there. If there's an exe-file it might work on my home computer, or it might not...Cheers! :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to CD Projekt for making such an awesome game. But this thing about the toolset is unforgivable. Prior to release you said the toolset would be out before christmas. Well you are more than one month over that date. Did you care to explain anything? No! I think that a mature decision would be stating that due to programming problems, it was not possible to release the toolset in the announced timeframe and give us a release date expectation, even if it is a 2008 christmas expectation. If you promise something and fail to deliver in time you should explain why.What I cannot accept is the "will be released soon" if you know or "expect" the release won't be out until March. Tell the truth, please. And please don't take my complaint as rant, but rather as something you should take into account in future interactions with your customers, I really admire your work and I would hate to see a fantastic project such as yours hampered by bad customer relations procedures.

They are still squashing bugs. When the bug count goes to zero - they'll be done.They anticipate that will be "soon". They cannot be sure as to when that will be - because bugs just don't go away simply because you want them to. It's work.Relax. It will not be much longer.

I know they are "squashing" bugs. I'm the CTO in my company and the software development department is under my jurisdiction. It is usual to have bug hunting making the release of a product slide from the scheduled date. Even so it's predictable the time it takes to solve those bugs, unless they are not fully known, in which case it is irresponsible to say it will be soon, because one really doesn't know. I'm relaxed, I'm using other tools to mod the game, it's not the same thing but it works.

Top Bottom