Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers) - The Revival

+
To me, Gough's voice is often too "flowing" for Yennefer. Like trying to be too smooth or something.

---------- Updated at 12:32 PM ----------

I also prefer Denise acting, but "absolutely horrible"?? Well- tastes, tastes. Russian voice was really OK from what I've seen on YT

Funny, I thought Russian voice was perhaps second worst, after Japanese..

Gough on the other hand is perfect. Not only does her voice sound great, but she also plays her part, nailing all the nuances in Yennefer's character. No wonder that she has actually won awards for this.

THIS! I love that British touch they gave Yennefer. It suits her character very wel, elegantly. (wel the voice makes the character for a great deal in my opinion).

the new Yen gwent card will have an Unicorn Unit...lmao

Choose to create and play either a Unicorn unit or a Chironex unit.

I was just looking at the Witcher Wiki to learn about Serrit, and came upon this:
"After Geralt sacrificed himself for Yennefer the witchers were free to go and brought the sorceress with them; they knew she wouldn't survive in her conditions and the least they could do after Geralt so nobly sacrificed for her was look after her until she was better.The deception proved rather counterproductive for the witchers since the woman turned to be quite the character, trying to seduce Auckes to drive a wedge in the group and getting into trouble everywhere they went.'
Please can you Yennefer experts tell me, is this seen in any of the games? Or does it appear in a book? (I'm nearly at the end of Tower of the Swallow and there is no mention of such a thing.)
If it's just the earlier games... I thought Yennefer didn't appear in them? In any case, what a horrible character this paragraph seems to be describing.

I was just looking at the Witcher Wiki to learn about Serrit, and came upon this:
"After Geralt sacrificed himself for Yennefer the witchers were free to go and brought the sorceress with them; they knew she wouldn't survive in her conditions and the least they could do after Geralt so nobly sacrificed for her was look after her until she was better.The deception proved rather counterproductive for the witchers since the woman turned to be quite the character, trying to seduce Auckes to drive a wedge in the group and getting into trouble everywhere they went.'
Please can you Yennefer experts tell me, is this seen in any of the games? Or does it appear in a book? (I'm nearly at the end of Tower of the Swallow and there is no mention of such a thing.)
That happened between the last book and the first game, The Wild hunt kidnapped Yennefer from the Isle of Avallach and Geralt started pursuing them. Around a year later he saved Letho from a slyzard, He had 2 comrades (Serrit and Auckes). They repaid Geralt by helping him find and deal with the Wild Hunt.They finally caught up with the Hunt at the Hanged Man's Tree, Geralt struck a deal with Eredin, His soul for that of Yennefer and Eredin agreed. Yennefer (like Geralt) lost her memory and was feverish for days, The witchers decided to help her. I suppose you know the rest, All of these events were explained through flashbacks and dialogs in the second game.

If it's just the earlier games... I thought Yennefer didn't appear in them? In any case, what a horrible character this paragraph seems to be describing.
She was mentally ill (After the events at the Hanged Man's Tree) and had amnesia, that's why she did those things.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

That's part of the conversation Geralt and Letho are having at the end of TW2:

https://youtu.be/SImZyDpYDRs?t=225

It describes character with amnesia. Someone disoriented. ;)

I have just finished reading 'The Tower of the Swallow' - I read it really slowly because I wanted it to last, as it's the last book available in English to date. It completely changed my view of Yennefer. The final image of her bravely withstanding Vilgefortz' brutality, her hands a mush of blood, her face swollen, is heartbreaking. I was always intrigued by her, but only began to love her at the point she saved a woman from miscarrying on Skellige. She really has changed! So, at last, I can appreciate why many of you are so fond of her.
The game's Yennefer is somewhat different - she is to an extent admirable but not likeable, unless you know more about her than the game lets on. Come to that, the book Geralt is somewhat different too - I like him a lot but it's not surprising the contrasting final image of him, gleefully 'ploughing' another sorceress, makes Ciri turn away. In the books, Yennefer seems to have deeper emotions towards Geralt whereas in the game it's vice versa IMO.

but only began to love her at the point she saved a woman from miscarrying on Skellige. She really has changed!

Yes she changed indeed, Sapkowski really planned her character development perfectly. But I need to stress that it's not that she was completely inhuman before Tower of Swallow. In Time of contempt we get to know that she saved a dwarfs family during Vengerberg pogrom so in my interpretation she always been a good person, but was hidding that behind her impertinence and what's more important didn't want to use a big words and make fuss about it.

The game's Yennefer is somewhat different - she is to an extent admirable but not likeable, unless you know more about her than the game lets on

I have a feeling that CDPR writers didn't know what to do because of Yennefer's evolution during 7 books journey and they kinda kicked her attitude back to the Last Wish state in game (at least in White Orchard and Wyzima)

In the books, Yennefer seems to have deeper emotions towards Geralt whereas in the game it's vice versa IMO.

In Sword of destiny Geralt is completely EMO when it comes to his emotions about Yennefer. And later, in ToC during Thanedd coup Dijkstra even says that Geralt is obsessed with Yen, and Kiera envies her that. But well, this matter is completely up to individual interpretation

Last edited:
Top Bottom