Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading again The Sword of Destiny and I can't stop laughing with this scene bewteen Yennefer, Jaskier Dandelion and Geralt... It's just priceless.

Am I the only one here who loved the conversations between Yen and Dandelion in the books? I miss one dialogue between these two in TW3...

"Stop staring at me this instant!" the sorceress shouted at Geralt. She writhed like a snake in her bonds in a vain attempt to conceal her naked charms. Geralt obediently diverted his eyes. Jaskier didn't.

"According to what I see," mocked the bard, "you must have used a whole barrel of mandrake elixir, Yennefer. Your skin resembles that of a sixteen-year-old girl. It's giving me goosebumps."

"Shut up, you son of a whore!" the sorceress replied.

Jaskier didn't relent, "How old are you really? Two hundred years? Rather a hundred and fifty, say. And you act like..."

Yennefer stretched her neck to spit at him. It missed its target...

"Yen," muttered the witcher sadly, wiping his saliva spattered ear with his shoulder.

"Make him stop ogling me!"

"I have no intention of doing so," declared Jaskier, continuing to admire the pleasant view of the half-naked sorceress. "It's because of her that we're prisoners. They'll cut our throats. At the very least, they're going to rape her. At her age..."

"Shut up, Jaskier," ordered the witcher.

The sword of destiny - A. Sapkowski

Last edited:
Moin moin.
yay this time not so many pages to catch up :animier:

I know, i know, need more polishing. I was just bored that i couldn't read in the forums

Its not bad. A little tweak here and bit there and bam :D

Edit : Found other pic on deviantart from Gerathien

Not bad

And a digital Art for Yennefer from Cherrychin

The Pendant is no Star, but who cares :D

Attachments

• geralt_i_yen_by_gerathien-d8uunzx.jpg
    geralt_i_yen_by_gerathien-d8uunzx.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 3c8eac219cc5be7d82590df50c68c1e6-d5o7r41.jpg
    3c8eac219cc5be7d82590df50c68c1e6-d5o7r41.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
A funny little article I wrote which got picked up by SF Signal which mentions the Witcher. I thought you'd appreciate it.

http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/20...rimdark-by-c-t-phipps-author-of-esoterrorism/

Next one should have Yennefer in it!

Witcher is grimdark? Well, that's new to me... ;)

While I agree that Geralt has many influences from Raymond Chandler (and Sapkowski said so himself) I don't see the whole Witcher world as grimdark. If anything it's an elegy to civilization.

Sorry for the offtopic.

Last edited:
Just some random thoughts about Yen and Geralt...

They were already old and world wise when they first met, but instead of treating her like one of the passer by encounters, he immediately jumped to conclusion she is to be his soul mate, by making the wish.
They did not have sex or even a kiss beforehand, it's all caused by Yen's first impression and personality. OK, and maybe the naked bubble bath.

This is where I don't see the reason for obsession about Triss or any other woman Geralt gave a minute of his time in bed. They are simply not old, wise, experienced and strong in character as Yen, and whilst I'm sure Geralt enjoyed their intimate company, it doesn't feel to me he's ever bonded on an emotional level as deep as he did with Yen.

Triss and Fringilla came as close as any woman will, but it's still miles from Yen.

Triss in game is even less interesting, In W1 Shani is like a younger Yen, strong in character, brutally honest and demanding of respect from Geralt. Triss is manipulative, selfish and scheming behind Geralt's back with the Lodge.

In W2, Triss is suddenly whiny, insecure but still selfish, more than ever. She knows Geralt is about to recover his memory and go look for Yen, but that didn't stop her from imprinting her feelings and emotions on to him one last time.

In W3, after many years and two games later, we've finally had our first taste of game Yen, and it's really awesome.
Except it feels like CDPR didn't think she deserved to be more accentuated as the third most important person in their family theme. It's all about Ciri yes, but hey she's got two equally important to her parents.

Let's start with Vesemir and other witchers. They are all old and world wise and they all suffer from the witcher complex of wanting a normal life deep down. Lambert shows this clearly. So Yen bashing and comments, especially from Vesemir don't make much sense. They should well know why Geralt is so madly obsessed with her. It's a rare, God given gift to meet a soul mate, someone you could feel perfectly happy spending the rest of your days. Even less so for a witcher.
I understand and support their manly comments about her being bossy, but not Geralt's choice in being with her.

Then Ciri, their daughter who saved them both in the books as well as always wanting for them all three to be together as a family. We've had fantastic father daughter moments, but almost no mother daughter, apart from a few dialogue lines. Ciri would've wanted to spend time, talk and go visit her friends with Yen, just as much as with Geralt. Yen's role in their family begun and stayed oh so subtle.
At times it feels like they've portrayed Vesemir's relationship with Ciri deeper than with Yen.

And Geralt has his full memory restored, who's seen it all and been around, I honestly don't see how could he look at Triss with anything more than pity for how she's used him, let alone chose to abandon the love of his life to spend his days in a royal palace.

CDPR had the right idea to make Yen all business in Vizima, but we deserve a resolution with the Triss pest. There should be a cut scene with Geralt giving Triss a piece of his mind for being taken used in the past, and Yen acknowledging it (something like, that's my man or it never occurred to me the fully recovered Geralt would not come looking for me) and maybe even putting Triss in her place later on (maybe on a boat, I see you're the same little old Triss...)

But the deepest hole in this is that Ciri does not react to them. Ciri in the books who always did everything she could to keep them together and is essentially number one Geralt + Yen fan.
It is perfectly reasonable to expect her scolding and being disappointed with Geralt should he go with Triss, and even choosing to leave him and go with Yen for the rest of the game. It's like leaving her mother for a baby sitter.
But also, there should be more of a happy family reunited moments if players chose to be with Yen.

TL DR version: It would be nice if CDPR nailed the Yen importance instead flirting with it, by tweaking character reactions to Yen's relationship with Geralt and Ciri, and giving us more content with Yen in combination with Geralt and Ciri.

Last edited:
Poor Triss has some of the worst outfits in the games:

Completely OCC and looks awful

Almost completely OCC,looks awful and makes no sense in the game

And some of the best. Triss outfit in TW2 was imo the best female outfit in all three games... ;)

I don't understand AT ALL why CDPR didn't just let players use the very same outfit (of course in TW3 engine with even more details) in TW3...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom