Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yennefer only been there when she was "invited".

"The lady magician knew a surprising amount about a witcher’s sword and “dance.” Sheknew a great deal about the secrets of Kaer Morhen; there was no doubt she had visited the
Keep. She knew Vesemir and Eskel. Although not Lambert and Coën.
Yennefer used to visit Kaer Morhen. Ciri guessed why – when they spoke of the Keep –
the eyes of the enchantress grew warm, lost their angry gleam and their cold, indifferent, wise
depth. If the words had befitted Yennefer’s person, Ciri would have called her dreamy, lost in
memories.
Ciri could guess the reason."

Make of this what you will, but by your logic Triss has also only been there when invited (most recently being to deal with Ciri's trances in Blood of Elves and to defend Ciri at the Battle of Kaer Morhen in W3).

Edit: Also Witcher 1 she was there when they found Geralt. She was probably invited there by Vesemir since he planned to mutate his apprentice Leo and needed a magician.

Last edited:
"The lady magician knew a surprising amount about a witcher’s sword and “dance.” Sheknew a great deal about the secrets of Kaer Morhen; there was no doubt she had visited the
Keep. She knew Vesemir and Eskel. Although not Lambert and Coën.
Yennefer used to visit Kaer Morhen. Ciri guessed why – when they spoke of the Keep –
the eyes of the enchantress grew warm, lost their angry gleam and their cold, indifferent, wise
depth. If the words had befitted Yennefer’s person, Ciri would have called her dreamy, lost in
memories.
Ciri could guess the reason."

Make of this what you will, but by your logic Triss has also only been there when invited (most recently being to deal with Ciri's trances in Blood of Elves and to defend Ciri at the Battle of Kaer Morhen in W3).

She wasn't invited by Geralt when he needed help with Ciri's issue before, but I could be wrong about this, I read the books a long time ago, the witchers there, I'm referring to all them weren't happy with her presence either, that happened in the game actually.

Maybe because there is none ?

Or maybe you just trying to imply that Yen have no place in Kaer Morhen (based on what ? wind) and devs should replace her with Triss ? :hmm:

I don't understand, are you trying to question the developers motives or Yennefer's?

I'm not in support of a confrontation between Yennefer and Triss. At least not in the open in front of people. They're grown, mature women and it isn't the time or the place (if it was Kaer Morhen) and it would only lower them to jealous teen girl standards if they caused a scene in front of everyone, especially Ciri, over something so stupid in the grand scheme of things. It's a matter of respect.

By themselves in private though? Sure, go ahead. Just don't be selfish enough to make it awkward for everyone.

She wasn't invited by Geralt when he needed help with Ciri's issue before, but I could be wrong about this, I read the books a long time ago, the witchers there, I'm referring to all them weren't happy with her presence either, that happened in the game actually.

He didn't invite Yen because she doesn't have a place at Kaer Morhen, if that's what you're trying to imply. They had broken up at the time, so Geralt asked Triss for help because he was scared to face Yen. Triss says she isn't powerful enough to deal with Ciri, and they need a more powerful mage, so Geralt drops Ciri off in Ellander, and tells Yen to go deal with her. Yen eventually tries to take her to Aretuza, and on the way they meet Geralt again and their relationship returns for the rest of the books because Ciri was the "something more than destiny" required to make their relationship work.

I'm not in support of a confrontation between Yennefer and Triss. At least not in the open in front of people. They're grown, mature women and it isn't the time or the place (if it was Kaer Morhen) and it would only lower them to jealous teen girl standards if they caused a scene in front of everyone, especially Ciri, over something so stupid in the grand scheme of things. It's a matter of respect.

By themselves in private though? Sure, go ahead. Just don't be selfish enough to make it awkward for everyone.

I agree completely, you phrased it better than I did, thank you.

I don't understand, are you trying to question the developers motives or Yennefer's?

I just question yours, see if a talk is possible or if you are here to preach.

I will assume the first possibility, hope i'm not mistaken.

Maybe because he just left her with a letter for goodbye and dont give any news for three years, so he was just too afraid to face her and assume his douche attitude toward her ?
Yennefer was his first choice, but shame made him prefer to ask Triss.

so Geralt asked Triss for help because he was scared to face Yen. Triss says she isn't powerful enough to deal with Ciri, and they need a more powerful mage, so Geralt drops Ciri off in Ellander, and tells Yen to go deal with her. Yen eventually tries to take her to Aretuza, and on the way they meet Geralt again and their relationship returns for the rest of the books because Ciri was the "something more than destiny" required to make their relationship work.

He wasn't scared to face Yen, he simply didn't want to "face her". I don't see Triss being powerful enough have anything to do with it, Yen wasn't powerful enough to help her and she put Ciri in danger because of that and their relationship returns after that because Triss nobly took the "high road" and decided to step out of the picture, the way I see, Yen wouldn't have had a daughter in the first place if not for Ciri's older sister, Triss, who would've been a better mother for her imho

---------- Updated at 02:51 AM ----------

I just question yours, see if a talk is possible or if you are here to preach.

I will assume the first possibility, hope i'm not mistaken.

I don't think that you have any right to question my motives and I have not insulted nor offended anyone, it's a public topic of discussion about Yennefer and I think my discussion so far is reasonable enough.

Maybe because he just left her with a letter for goodbye and dont give any news for three years, so he was just too afraid to face her and assume his douche attitude toward her ?
Yennefer was his first choice, but shame made him prefer to ask Triss.

I don't think it was shame, he wouldn't have left a letter of goodbye in the first place if it was, also, the reason he wanted to stay away as obvious enough, lol... It was more of "I had enough of this" his conversation with Triss after made it more obvious.

I don't want to be intrude or seem rude, I am just curious as to...

Why a forum label Yennerfer of Vengerberg have so much discusion about whats going on in theTriss forum.

I get the impression from the discussions in here that some believes the people in the Triss forum knows nothing about witcher lore because they did not read the books.

Am I to assume that because someone is not a book readers their opinion holds little weight regarding the games or does that only apply when their opinion differs in some way from yours?

After reading some of the post in here, I have to ask. Why do people keep visiting that forum if they think the discussion is so irritating and lacking?

PMs exist, you guys. This is a thread about Yennefer. Also, easily offended people should maybe try not reading the thread or something.

Can we actually get back on topic now? I wish to express that I had an eye color as interesting as Yennefer's. :p

I don't want to be intrude or seem rude, I am just curious as to...

Why a forum label Yennerfer of Vengerberg have so much discusion about whats going on in theTriss forum.

I get the impression from the discussions in here that some believes the people in the Triss forum knows nothing about witcher lore because they did not read the books.

Am I to assume that because someone is not a book readers their opinion holds little weight regarding the games or does that only apply when their opinion differs in some way from yours?

After reading some of the post in here, I have to ask. Why do people keep visiting that forum if they think the discussion is so irritating and lacking?

I think it's because people in here are unsatisfied by the way Yennefer is presented and they're trying to validate that by making Triss looks more "flawed" as a character than her, she is at the moment "due to the inconsistencies" which developers acknowledged, I read did a lot of reading an I was suprprised by the amount of Triss discussions going on, half of this thread is Triss.

i think ur going too far calling other people perfectly logical interpretation of the lore and real events from the books nonsense and deformed lore..... i think that is an insult.....

Yeah that's why, in the conversation with Triss Geralt made clear that he regret, and that he love "that much" Yen, his reaction to the "dear friend" letter show that too, and that's also why he reject Triss's attempt to get on him.

But sure that just mean that he "had enough" and want to start a life with Triss, sure sure , totally realistic :clap clap:.

All my books are in French, i will let others post part of the books if they want to, and aguing about something we should not arguing, AGAIN.

Now i'm tired of this, it's absolutely boring.

"Il n'est pire aveugle que celui qui ne veut pas voir."

Last edited:
PMs exist, you guys. This is a thread about Yennefer. Also, easily offended people should maybe try not reading the thread or something.

Can we actually get back on topic now? I wish to express that I had an eye color as interesting as Yennefer's. :p

You don't honestly expect me to PM everyone in here to get my question answer do you?

Ok to stay on topic, I just wanted to say I like Yennerfer a lot. Not as Geralt LI just as his sex partner. It's just hard to call an on and off, relationship love. IMO don't decapitate me for it, read the books too just my conclusion.

Now my question. They are honest questions that can only be answered in here unfortunately.

Yeah that's why, in the conversation with Triss Geralt made clear that he regret, and that he love "that much" Yen, his reaction to the "dear friend" letter show that too, and that's also why he reject Triss's trys to get on him.

But sure that just mean that he "had enough" and want to start a life with Triss, sure sure , totally realistic :clap clap:.

All my books are in French, i will let others post part of the books if they want to, and aguing about something we should not arguing, AGAIN.

Now i'm tired of this, it's absolutely boring.

"Il n'est pire aveugle que celui qui ne veut pas voir."

The only regret he had in that conversation was the guilt he had toward Triss, because he knew exactly what she was going through, she was the one who asked him to talk to Yennefer.

Well, can't really blame a guy for trying to start a new life, far from his old disturbing one, where he never found comfort, peace or happiness.

I agree, it's boring, it started with insults and it ends with illogical conclusions.

"il n’est pire sourd que celui qui ne veut pas entendre"

Well, I'm definitely intervening. Remind me again how long it is since I warned about Ship to ship fighting?

Someone coming into the thread who is NOT a Yen fan, and who is asking questions or putting forward an alternative viewpoint is not necessarily trolling. Treating their posts as such will be considered as an invitation for me to come back, and I don't think you really want that to happen, because the next time I may be accompanied by my faithful and trusty banhammer.

why makes you say that yennefer topic is boring...? i think this topic is fun and nice
Seriously ?!

Edit - Ok i'm off i'm really tired of this, call that professional deformation if you want but i have a clear view on this little game.

I will stay out off this thread for some hours, only because i dont want to see it closed,

Good luck for the remaining ones.
I was a pleasure to read it, and i hope to have more to read in when i will be back ;).

Last edited:
I like Yennerfer a lot. Not as Geralt LI just as his sex partner. It's just hard to call an on and off, relationship love. IMO don't decapitate me for it, read the books too just my conclusion.

A lot of people feel the same way, that doesn't make Yennefer a bad person or a character as you said, it just makes her one of his best friends and we all support that, however, I think that their relationship was held together by some mischief which was casted by a Gene long ago and I love the way CDPR allowed us to walk away from this and finally close that door after all of those years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom