Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plebs ? Sorry, but you need to me more respectful towards other people. Maybe some of Triss fans dont know entire story about her character do to lack of knowledge from the books. Doest it matter that much ? In the end, they are the same people as we are. Witcher fans. Me, you and everyone are in this forum because of one thing: we love wicher series. There are reasons why we are discussing different topics from witcher games. Is it Yennefer personality, Ciri fate or absence of Triss scar, the one thing that unite us all is passion to the game. Sorry for the offtopic.

That was irony. ;) I call Yen fans (and myself) devil worshippers, isn't that way worse than Merigold plebs? :D

Smile more and take things less seriously.

"YenMasterRace
FilthyMerigoldPeasants"

^ these are my personal faves (from reddit) :lol:

/sorry for the OT

This would simply be a perfect picture for another extract from "Something More". Hmm, I'm thinking:

A piercing groan from Yen or from Geralt, black curls covering their eyes and
mouths, trembling fingers entwined in their tightly-grasped hands. A cry, black lashes, damp, a groan.
Then silence. An eternity of silence.
Belleteyn... The fires on the horizon...
“Yen?”
“Oh... Geralt.”
“Yen, are you crying?”
“No!”
“Yen...”
“I had promised myself... I had...”
“Don't say anything. It doesn't matter. Aren't you cold?”
“Yes.”
“And now?”
“Warmer.”
The sky cleared at a dizzying speed. The black wall of the forest regained its contours:
the jagged line of the ridge of trees emerged from the indistinct darkness. Behind her, the
azure announcement of dawn poured over the horizon, extinguishing the stars. It got colder.
Geralt held Yennefer tighter. He covered her with his coat.
“Geralt?”
“Hmm...”
“The day will break.”
“I know.”
“Have I hurt you?”
“A little.”
“Will it start all over?”
“Nothing ever stopped.”
“Please... I feel good with you...”
“Don't say anything. Everything's fine.”
The smell of smoke was rising from the heather. The smell of lilac and gooseberries.
“Geralt?”
“Yes?”
“Do you remember when we met the Great Mountain Kestrel? And the golden
dragon? What was his name?”
“Three Kestrels. I remember.”
“He told us...”
“I remember, Yen.”
She kissed the back of his neck, pinning his head and tickling him with her hair.
“We were made for each other,” she murmured. “Perhaps even destined for each
other. But none of this can happen. It's a shame. We will have to separate when the day
breaks. It can't be otherwise. We have to separate so as not to hurt each other: destined for
each other, made for each other, but the one who created us should have thought of
something more. Forgive me. I had to tell you.”

Something i think wasn't much covered in this topic here yet, but do you like their ending?

Because I could imagine that many don't like that it is so vague or that it is almost an "and they all lived happily ever after" cliché.

At the end of the books i didn't know whether i should be happy for them or not, to be sad or not, especially considering that Ciri wasn't or couldn't be with them. I couldn't be sure what i am suppose to do with that feeling, this uncertainty. It took days before i just accepted that it is how it is, not bad, but also not good.

And now at the end of the game they are just travelling through the world with no real destination, with no real goal, just living their life. It seems kinda vague again, but if i look at this fan art,

I don't need to know where they are going.
I don't need to know what they are doing there.
I don't need to know why they are doing it.

To know that they are somewhere out there looking like on this fan art i can imagine that both of them are finally at peace with the world and themselves, and that's enough for me to know this time.

Also Ciri is always reachable this time :)

Attachments

• tumblr_nl9ba2feBp1s8wliwo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_nl9ba2feBp1s8wliwo1_500.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 81
Something i think wasn't much covered in this topic here yet, but do you like their ending?

Because I could imagine that many don't like that it is so vague or that it is almost an "and they all lived happily ever after" cliché.

At the end of the books i didn't know whether i should be happy for them or not, to be sad or not, especially considering that Ciri wasn't or couldn't be with them. I couldn't be sure what i am suppose to do with that feeling, this uncertainty. It took days before i just accepted that it is how it is, not bad, but also not good.

And now at the end of the game they are just travelling through the world with no real destination, with no real goal, just living their life. It seems kinda vague again, but if i look at this fan art,

To know that they are somewhere out there looking like on this fan art i can imagine that both of them are finally at peace with the world and themselves, and that's enough for me to know this time.

I was content with it. :) Kinda wish it was a bit more fleshed out, maybe with more art or an actual cutscene or something though.

One thing that really bothered me was how little Yennefer in the art looked like in-game Yennefer. I'm pretty meh about the quality of that drawing since in the Triss/Geralt ending art, Triss is gorgeous and looks just like her. Wish they updated it.

I think I liked both of their endings at first. But then they both got me thinking for a very long time.

I would rather not spend next 3 hours of my life writing a wall of text so I'll try like 1-2 sentences.

The book ending was something I felt coming for a long period of time so I was actually kinda happy with how it went, could be a lot worse.
They found their peace and understanding after being finally reunited at Stygga and then thanks to Ciri even after they both died. :)

Witcher 3 was a scary fairy tale with a good (nice) ending. Perhaps too nice and peaceful for Geralts and Yens universe, but well deserved so I won't object to it.

As CDPR says, I followed my instinct in my first play, I let my feelings about Geralt be drifted by the choices he would make (under my own POV) and the ending was perfect, absolutly perfect. The one and the unique. The first memories of this game were graven by my inctinct forever. I let Yen grows again, regaining her place, I let Ciri find her father, her beloved and admired father. And she became a Witcheress, and Yen stayed beside Geralt. So perfect. The whole world was perfect.

After that, since then, any other ending is just for simple fun, for enjoying respectfully the awesome CDPR work in every quest, in every line of dialogues; no matter the "non-canon" choices, no matter how hard decisions against my predilections, my "family" will never be aparted again. Never.

Last edited:

yeah I have to say I found the retreat from life ending strange personally, assume it was meant to be a callback to their idyllic time on the Isle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom