Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I didn't see any harm in that and that's exactly what I did the first time. But apparently that was a huge mistake because as it turns out this is EXACTLY like giving Ciri to Emhyr. The very moment they meet it is over, everyone loses their minds, and you don't get to make another decision about it.

I'm very very glad I didn't because of petty desire to keep her away from him as well as concern he'd try to kidnap her.

Because...yeessh, the alternative.

But yes, the problem with this game is everyone is SO WELL WRITTEN the usual 3-4 sentence conversations just feel incomplete.

Last edited:
I asked what people thought of Yennefer as Emhyr's advisor but it didn't seem to work well.

I do want to speculate on what Yennefer's relationship to him, though, and what she's hoping to get out of this.

I mean what do you expect? What are you afraid of? That Emhyr is going to kidnap Ciri and execute Geralt on the spot? He wouldn't do that because 1) he promised Geralt he wouldn't and Emhyr always keeps his word and 2) Emhyr long gave up on the idea of kidnapping Ciri and now simply wants to have a chat with her because he hopes he can convince her to become empress of Nilfgaard.
You completely miss the point, you talk to Ciri about Emhyr and SHE decides wether she wants to go or not. Yes the decision is based on what Geralt says, because we control Geralt and not Ciri.
But if you tell Ciri the truth about Emhyr she does decide to visit him.
What truth? You can give her your opinion, which is either a Yes or a No, there is no true or false statement here. Geralt gives Ciri his honest opinion, What opinion that is decides the player.

That's the very definition of being someone's father. Your subjective opinion on Emhyr doesn't change the objective fact that he's her father.
you completely miss the point here. What exactly is that fact worth? Does Emhyr have any rights for Ciri? No. Does Ciri has any obligations towards Emhyr? No. So this fact is irrelevant.

Anyway arguing is pointless and this is btw a Thread about Yennefer so maybe we should go back to topic?
Some picture would be nice, right now I am downloading Civ 5 from the STeam summersale so my bandwidth is fully in use which makes it rather annoying to search for pictures :/

Ciri decided herself to become empress of Nilfgaard. Nobody forced her. Ciri could have said "no". She didn't.

Which simply makes no sense at all. Kind of wanted to make a big thread about explaining why it doesnt make sense and how this can't possibly be the "happy" ending many people think it is but im kinda too lazy and dont really want to go through the entire thing again so yeah lets just leave it at that.

Why did this thread turn into an Emhyr discussion?

EXACTLY...this is a thread about Yennefer and not about Emhyr and Ciri...3 pages about why Emhyr is or isn't best father...really? :(

---------- Updated at 05:48 AM ----------

Anyway arguing is pointless and this is btw a Thread about Yennefer so maybe we should go back to topic?
Some picture would be nice, right now I am downloading Civ 5 from the STeam summersale so my bandwidth is fully in use which makes it rather annoying to search for pictures :/

In some pages ago I've posted a new pic from Jane - not sure if you missed that (thanks to the off topic discussion here)

---------- Updated at 05:49 AM ----------

"accurate depiction of a relationship is accurate.."

tumblr is a funny place --> source

LOL Yennefer in pink color? aaah don't think so....:D

Do you think that Yen will be in the future DLC expansions? If there would be some romance DLC, would you buy it?
i really hope so,
yes, i'll buy it,

---------- Updated at 05:04 AM ----------

answering the main thread
i haven't read the books yet, but i like her, i know it's hard to trust her, but i would like to spend more time with her and ya know, do.... things together :)

so cdprojektred, please put Yennefer in the expantions!

i haven't read the books yet, but i like her, i know it's hard to trust her, but i would like to spend more time with her and ya know, do.... things together :)

so cdprojektred, please put Yennefer in the expantions!

I've noticed via online forums that more and more people, which didn't read books at all are chosing Yen :) I guess that's great...:)

That art is so pretty *_*

Also whoever decided to kind of change the game model for Yen deserves a medal

How can you reject that

Oh yeah - they did really great job with her model - I mean as someone said here she is one of the most beautiful animated woman in a game.

I didn't like her previous look (from the first trailer)...glad they changed it! :)

Which simply makes no sense at all. Kind of wanted to make a big thread about explaining why it doesnt make sense and how this can't possibly be the "happy" ending many people think it is but im kinda too lazy and dont really want to go through the entire thing again so yeah lets just leave it at that.

It makes perfect sense. And the empress Ciri ending is the happy ending (1 of the 2 happy endings). The game presents it as such. There is no reason to believe the ending isn't happy.

But feel free to believe what you want, just know that your believes aren't backed up by what the game shows us.

---------- Updated at 05:53 AM ----------

you completely miss the point here. What exactly is that fact worth? Does Emhyr have any rights for Ciri? No. Does Ciri has any obligations towards Emhyr? No. So this fact is irrelevant.

No you are missing the point. Ciri is on a mission she might never return alive from. Her father wishes to see her before that. He is partly responsible for her well being. If not for Emhyr, Geralt and Yen would never have found Ciri. They might never even found out she's back at all. The very fucking least that Geralt and Ciri could do in return is paying him a visit and hear him out before they go of saving the world. That's just common decency where I live. Not visiting Emhyr with Ciri is just a dick thing to do. But that's just my opinion.

But yeah, I agree, we've discussed long enough about this. Time to get back on topic.

Last edited:
To bad the most pics/arts cant be used as wallpapers...looks strange

Here are mine made for 1980x1080 resolution...it is not best but it looks great anyway - (I especially love the violet eyes on the second pic) :D

Attachments

• wall01.jpg
    wall01.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 108
  • wall02.jpg
    wall02.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Hi guys!

I've just discovered the voice actress for Yennefer in the game, excellent voice by the way, perfect for Yen. She's Denise Gough and here we can see her doing a voice performance for another game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBi60ZqYR5A

I'd like to see a similar video of The Witcher 3 and their actors, Geralt and Yen for example, doing the performance of the unicorn scene XD

PS: Full list of the actors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIP2bv4vjIE

Last edited:
Thank you for the great video of the voice actress- I believe her name is actually BELINDA CORNISH, right? She is wife of Commander Shepard Mark Meer :D :D :D

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1424599/

She did absolutely amazing job with Yennefer - I mean I listened the Polish version and damn that was horrible.

Definitely English Yen > Polish Yen

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom