Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Because the things he said cannot be draw from the game, this is not an impression you get (even if you didn't know about Yen before) at all - it's a pure biased bullsh*t. Yen's motivations, for example, are constantly repeated during the game and in her conversations with Geralt. Just because some people decide to be deaf and blind to certain things, it doesn't mean they're not there.

You really can, unfortunately. None of what he said fits her character or personality at all, but it's fairly easy for people to draw those conclusions based on the interactions in game. They tried to convey most of it through emotions and body language, which not everyone has an easy time reading.

I think her introduction was pretty fine, nothing odd about it at all.
The problem is that many people want to get through dialogues as fast as possible instead of "digging" into them (just like me). And the consequences of it are presented with Yen, for example. You can ask her about many things, and the more you ask her the more you know. For example during her first conversation with Geralt about Ciri's whereabouts or after the Last Wish quest (nice conversation about The Wild Hunt and amnesia)

I disagree, I am the kind of gamer who want to experience absolutely everything the game has to offer, especially dialog. On a second playthrough maybe will skip a few but not on my first. Its the lore, all those books which many people have no time or desire to read including me, the game takes enough of my time as it is.

If you read the books you have more information in which you can form an opinion with, that much is clear. However, me like many others I'm sure, have no interest in the books and just wanna play a good RPG. We got a great one and I'm happy with my purchase, could sell Yen for a good discount at the market though hehe.

As I said not all comments are by bookreaders, some of them didn't even play the first 2 games, that was my point. They have an entirely different opinion about her and they didn't even read the books for that.

I should first preface this by saying that I have only played the games and have not read the books (they are on order). I also chose Yennefer in the game. I'm also wondering why there are so many posts about Yennefer v. Triss on here and other forums as if people need to justify why they choose one or the other. In the interest of being mildly hypocritical, I am just throwing my hat in with the rest of you.

cont.

Vengerberg through the eyes of Yenhaters
I'll let you know Vengerberg was renamed New Tretogor whenever Radovid liberated it.:radovidsmug:

If you read the books you have more information in which you can form an opinion with, that much is clear. However, me like many others I'm sure, have no interest in the books and just wanna play a good RPG. We got a great one and I'm happy with my purchase, could sell Yen for a good discount at the market though hehe.

:facepalm2::eredinfacepalm::geraltsad::hurt::annoyed:

Well... that is very painful to me.

Downfall folks. Right here!

This is a 200 hour game mate. Will the 30-40 hours the books require really break you?

but it's fairly easy for people to draw those conclusions based on the interactions in game

Some of them, fine. But "selfish"? Where exactly is Yen selfish in this game? She's trying to find Ciri and players KNOW this as she's speaking of it with Geralt all the time. Being selfish means trying to get something for yourself(power,money etc) or thinking only about yourself - which is never the case with Yen in the game. You cannot prove this by giving me some examples from the game, as such simply don't exist.

Last edited:
Yep, but I like this word cause it's a bit poetic, softer and doesn't sound rude like real medical terms "insanity" or "mental disorder".

I repeat, you are calling dangerous people persons who are in a different "fictional team" than your. You are attacking people, not fictional characters with that sentence.
That's not right.

I agree with that point. You don't have and shouldn't have to read the books to enjoy the game. And the majority of players don't read them.

Plus Radovid is barely in the books, whats the point of reading them without him?

So that he does not look bad in comparison to Stannis? He already does. More than that would be brutal... :)

Yes. You are correct. You SHOULD NOT HAVE had to read the books. Of course that makes you ... strange (cant find a better word in English that wont get me banned) to me. And part of the reason why society by and large is crappy.

The majority of the players fit that not very nice description in your opinion?

---------- Updated at 06:16 PM ----------

Thing is, I don't find her that compelling.

And it seems you never will without even readin this thread well :p
Let alone the books ...

I repeat, you are calling dangerous people persons who are in a different "fictional team" as your. You are attacking people, not fictional characters with that sentence.
That's not right.

I am 99% certain he is joking... :p

---------- Updated at 06:17 PM ----------

I personally get it you don't like her...you won't read the books you hate her and want to sell her on ebay - I respect that.

Can we move on now?

Isnt selling people on eBay illegal?

So you read scientific news and papers?
That is fine I guess, if kinda limiting.

But why play Fantasy Video Games? :O

Problem is you are ALREADY invested in the Witcher world. Not reading the books when you can do that is silly IMHO.
Also, Witcher aint the only fantasy that is well written.

This might come as a surprise to you but I have never read The lord of the rings books and have no desire to but I greatly enjoy the movies and own all collections. Its just a preferred choice of media. Even in science I prefer lectures over reading but if you want to understand it all you must read. I only have so much time for entertainment and have to make some cuts somewhere ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom