Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed that Ciri do not trust in Yen's intentions.
Why? I haven't noticed any attempts to use Ciri some how in some kind Yen's plans. All she wanted to find her. What about Ciri is talking?

I suppose she means Yennefer and her plotting with Emhyr. No other explanation for this really. Or maybe ending from Lady of the Lake? But Ciri agreed with it so I don't know. I would really like to know what CDPR meant with it as well...

Another interview with Tomaszkiewicz brothers from E3 (May 2015)

http://www.patrickkulikowski.com/in...ynamics-and-more-with-the-witcher-3s-director

Will The Witcher 3 have any ties to the novels that [Andrzej] Sapkowski has written?
Yes, of course. We always based [the games] on the Sapkowski novels and we’re using characters he mentioned in his books. And of course, we’ve got some story/plots which we want to solve in this third part, because it’s the last one. The name of the game is the “Wild Hunt.” And Sapkowski described them very well. People think that they are the wraiths from [The Witcher 2’s] nightmares but actually, they are not. They are very connected with Geralt and with Yennefer right now. Geralt in the second part of [The Witcher 2]remembered that Yennefer exists; he’s the woman he’s [in love with.] And now, he’s trying to find her. That’s how the story begins. It took you to a more personal adventure in his time.

So we’ll finally discover the mystery behind Yennefer? The Witcher 2 didn’t explain too much about it, it still kept it pretty vague.
Yes, of course. It was on purpose. You know, we [wanted] to only tease the subject and now we will explain everything.

I only could think that Avallak'h brainwashed her while they travel together.

Yeah but Ciri isn't exactly the one who plays with words, is she? She wouldn't say it if she didn't mean it and believe it.
Which is why it's so confusing. But considering Yen wanted to send her to Emhyr, nothing would surprise me anymore.

I think in the original screenplay Triss wasn't even main romance for Geralt anymore. They changed it later.
And for good reasons. It would have been a spit to Triss fans, honestly.

Like we say in Italy: Hai voluto la bicicletta? Adesso pedala. You wanted the bike? Now ride. Yennefer presence was nowhere to be found, for plot reasons of course. But having no mention of her in W1, and giving a lot of space for Triss as LI in W2 lead to this rivalry between some fans in W3. At last CDPR had to face Yennefer introduction and handle both the characters, whetever it was joyful (and it was, reading these interviews) or not it was the right choice, to assure Triss presence in W3, even with Yen's return to the stage.

Shani incident was enough. :p

---------- Updated at 01:47 PM ----------

I wouldn't say he doesn't like to argue, he simply doesn't know how to say no or argue with women whom he fancies.
You kind of build this attitude if your childhood was terrible, you learn to appreciate the ones you've got affection for
a lot more. You treat the beautiful part of this galaxy better than anyone, exactly as they deserve to be treated. In Geralt's case his childhood was taken away from him, so it's a lot "worse". Or should I say better? Is that a good behaviour?
I can't really judge a fictional character who went through mutations, even though I know more than five examples for this from real life. People who claim that Geralt is submissive or Yennefer's cuckloded lap dog just have no clue about things like this. It's the way he is, you can't change that. If it's for nothing more then for his trauma. He just appreciates females way more than people usually do in real life, sex is his way of saying thanks for your company, so is his silence and refusing to argue. Sometimes he would refuse, but in a gentle way. Sometimes not. Depends if you're a good person.
100% this. I agree.

In a nutshell:

http://www.patrickkulikowski.com/in...ynamics-and-more-with-the-witcher-3s-director

Will The Witcher 3 have any ties to the novels that [Andrzej] Sapkowski has written?
Yes, of course. We always based [the games] on the Sapkowski novels and we’re using characters he mentioned in his books. And of course, we’ve got some story/plots which we want to solve in this third part, because it’s the last one. The name of the game is the “Wild Hunt.” And Sapkowski described them very well. People think that they are the wraiths from [The Witcher 2’s] nightmares but actually, they are not. They are very connected with Geralt and with Yennefer right now. Geralt in the second part of [The Witcher 2]remembered that Yennefer exists; he’s the woman he’s [in love with.] And now, he’s trying to find her. That’s how the story begins. It took you to a more personal adventure in his time.

So we’ll finally discover the mystery behind Yennefer? The Witcher 2 didn’t explain too much about it, it still kept it pretty vague.
Yes, of course. It was on purpose. You know, we [wanted] to only tease the subject and now we will explain everything.

Oh! OK. Now I understand why devs didn't add a scene in the prologue where we could see Geralt doubting of his feelings or which sorceress chose once he recovers his memories. It was all already decided previously. Thank you very much. @Gilthoniel

FREEDOM OF CHOICE!
I HAVE MY OWN INTERPRETATION!
WHO IS THAT TOMASZKIEWICZ!
:disgust:

Yennefer presence was nowhere to be found, for plot reasons of course. But having no mention of her in W1, and giving a lot of space for Triss as LI in W2 lead to this rivalry between some fans in W3.

Yes, it was a huge mistake to left Yennefer out in the second game. People like what they are used to. So they like Triss due to TW2 despite her personality on TW1.

Shani incident was enough.

Yes. That's why I don't think Triss deserve some special treatment now.

Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz is RedDorigen who said he likes Triss in the old topic.

No one says that it's a crime to like Triss...:p

---------- Updated at 12:03 PM ----------

Yes, it was a huge mistake to left Yennefer out in the second game. People like what they are used to. So they like Triss due to TW2 despite her personality on TW1.

Yep, I always thought that they should have introduced Yen's character in TW2 already, even if only briefly.

Not special, but fair. There's a difference. Oh well guys, nothing can change my mind though, I will always choose Yen no matter what, but that doesn't mean other fans have to get their character preference spoiled, we are the best example... through 2 games. :p

Red wasn't fair with me in TW2, so why should I be worried about being fair now? ;) Triss had two games already. Time to move on.

No one says that it's a crime to like Triss...
Maybe I should have used the word prefer, he was the dev who responded to us, and said that he will mention our issues at the office, I think he also said he likes Triss more(he is a member of Triss group), but I can't remember exactly what he wrote, so I toned it down. Sorry for offtopic, I won't do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom