Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, a post-spell syndrome guy wouldn't have thrown insults at that witch while wandering through portals.

It all feels so natural and awkward from him, both in the books and games, he's not puppet (and who claims he is at Thanedd banquet, clearly didn't read the previous chapter imho, because being kind with her has nothing to do with submission... I mean, really he was a dog when Yennefer told him to bring a glass of wine so that she could talk with Triss with no problems...? I mean what's wrong?)

Really, during Skellige wake for King Bran he was a subservient dog because Yen told him to not drink much...? (and you have the option to not give a flying bird for that request).

I have no clue.

No, he is not pupped. He usually shrug, smirk and sigh... He doesn't like to debate. If he does his emotions coul betray his code. ;) BUT... Yennefer knows him, and she can read his thoughts, aka hidest feelings....

Then killed. Then revived. Long night ahead.
Feels like Skjall. :geraltfeelgood:

---------- Updated at 12:44 PM ----------

No, he is not pupped. He usually shrug, smirk and sigh... He doesn't like to debate. If he does his emotions coul betray his code. ;) BUT... Yennefer knows him, and she can read his thoughts, aka hidest feelings....
Yeah he's not the talkative guy, nor Yennefer.

They say silence is golden. Maybe it is, although I'm not sure it's worth that much. It has its price certainly; you have to pay for it.

Feels like Skjall. :geraltfeelgood:

I think Yen could use some Monkey King quotes from Heroes of Newerth. If you remove the monkey screams,
it sounds like typical Yen. It would show her beautiful but disgusting sick evil bitch necromancy personality lol.

You will feel a thousand years of pain!
I will not be stopped!
The gods cannot hold me, men cannot fathom me!
Behold, the conqueror of the heavens!
You speak to the disciple of immortals!

Last edited:
The funniest thing of the last days for me - some people are scrupulously trying to find any mention by any character in the game that "Yennefer is a beatch".

But let's look who really said something bad about Yennefer.

Keira? Philippa? All the sorceresses always were so envy about Yennefer and Geralt. Both these ladies were ready to sleep with Geralt just to make Yennefer angry. Envy.
Cerys? The little clever girl who was not so clever to fell in love with Geralt. Every her mention about Yennefer is always means "Why her?". Jealousy.
Lambertino and Eskello? Two outsiders (compare to Geralt ofc) who always begrudge him. Envy.
Dijkstra? Only politics motive. He knew that if Geralt and Yennefer will find Ciri and she'll became an empress all his plans about big bright North will fall.

It's just like when any noname npc calls Geralt filthy and heartless mutant act "See? See?! Geralt is a heartless mutant! I knew it! Time to leave game control."

I'm really glad that classic Geralt definitely doesn't care about the buzzing of the flies around him.

Last edited:

I think there are two reasons why Geralt usually doesn't argue with Yen: 1) She has made up her mind 2) She is right. Of course, they are not mutually exclusive.

[size=-6]Trust me. I know... [/size] :geraltsad:

Reading older interview with our TeamYen fan number 1 Konrad Tomaszkiewicz:

http://www.polygon.com/a/e3-2014/the-witcher-3-the-wild-hunt

Another character shown in the demo was Yennefer, a woman whom The Witcher holds a deep affection for. By pulling these two women into Geralt's world, CDProjekt is bringing about the conditions needed for the conclusion of their Witcher trilogy. With the introduction of Ciri and Yennefer, the pieces of the puzzle which they first ripped from the pages of Sapkowski's novels are all in place.

To game director Tomazkiewicz, it's like making the real Witcher game for the first time.

"In my opinion," says Tomazkiewicz, "There is no Geralt without Ciri and Yennefer."

The funniest thing of the last days for me - some people are scrupulously trying to find any mention by any character in the game that "Yennefer is a beatch".

But let's look who really said something bad about Yennefer.

Keira? Philippa? All the sorceresses always were so envy about Yennefer and Geralt. Both these ladies were ready to sleep with Geralt just to make Yennefer angry. Envy.
Cerys? The little clever girl who was not so clever to fell in love with Geralt. Every her mention about Yennefer is always means "Why her?". Jealousy.
Lambertino and Eskello? Two outsiders (compare to Geralt ofc) who always begrudge him. Envy.
Dijkstra? Only politics motive. He knew that if Geralt and Yennefer will find Ciri and she'll became an empress all his plans about big bright North will fall.

It's just like when any noname npc calls Geralt filthy and heartless mutant act "See? See?! Geralt is a heartless mutant! I knew it! Time to leave game control."

I'm really glad that classic Geralt definitely doesn't care about the buzzing of the flies around him.

Yep.That's why this argument amuses me to no end.
"But Keira says that Yen treats Geralt like a dog!! sO. must. be. true!!!"'
And I'm like? Really? Did you see her facial expression when she says this? Or Cerys' when she says something similar? It's not a concern for a friend's well-being, that's for sure ^^

---------- Updated at 11:13 AM ----------

Reading older interview with our TeamYen fan number 1 Konrad Tomaszkiewicz:

http://www.polygon.com/a/e3-2014/the...-the-wild-hunt

Another character shown in the demo was Yennefer, a woman whom The Witcher holds a deep affection for. By pulling these two women into Geralt's world, CDProjekt is bringing about the conditions needed for the conclusion of their Witcher trilogy. With the introduction of Ciri and Yennefer, the pieces of the puzzle which they first ripped from the pages of Sapkowski's novels are all in place.

To game director Tomazkiewicz, it's like making the real Witcher game for the first time.

"In my opinion," says Tomazkiewicz, "There is no Geralt without Ciri and Yennefer."

W1&2 had different game director(s) right?

I think there are two reasons why Geralt usually doesn't argue with Yen: 1) She has made up her mind 2) She is right. Of course, they are not mutually exclusive.

[size=-6]Trust me. I know... [/size] :geraltsad:
He generally doesn't like to argue, keep in mind his attitude towards Essi. He would have gladly fought a vodyanoi instead of talking with her later. Poor poor girl, I like(d) her so much.

This attitude is even worse with Yennefer. His behaviour is not necessarily wrong (the fact he doesn't like arguing has also its pros). You should see Yen's face if you dispute about her motives in White Orchard, guys her - sad and uncertain - expression is just gold. I have no regrets (maybe Geralt has).

:eek:kay:

After playing the game, in my opinion:
"There is no Geralt without Ciri... and Yen or Triss (whichever lol)"
"There is no Ciri without Geralt, Avallac'h and Vesemir"
"There is no Yennefer without Emhyr"

:D

I think in the original screenplay Triss wasn't even main romance for Geralt anymore. They changed it later.

---------- Updated at 12:30 PM ----------

Another older interview with Tomaszkiewicz brothers
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/27/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-is-the-next-step-for-rpgs

Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz (Lead Game designer of TW3):

“Geralt has changed his priorities,” says Mateusz. “He has regained his memory, so he remembers that he had a family once, he wants to find his long lost love – Yennefer, the sorceress. He doesn’t care about politics any more – even less than in previous games. There will be moments where Geralt will get involved in [political] things, but this time we have divided the plotlines of The Witcher 3 into a few categories. The first category is the basic main storyline of the character, of Geralt – looking for his Yennefer, amongst much else. This is the plot that is very personal to Geralt, and this is the main driving force for the entire game.

He generally doesn't like to argue, keep in mind his attitude towards Essi. He would have gladly fought a vodyanoi instead of talking with her later. Poor poor girl, I like(d) her so much.

This attitude is even worse with Yennefer. His behaviour is not necessarily wrong (the fact he doesn't like arguing has also its pros). You should see Yen's face if you dispute about her motives in White Orchard, guys her - sad and uncertain - expression is just gold. I have no regrets (maybe Geralt has).

:eek:kay:

I wouldn't say he doesn't like to argue, he simply doesn't know how to say no or argue with women whom he fancies.
You kind of build this attitude if your childhood was terrible, you learn to appreciate the ones you've got affection for
a lot more. You treat the beautiful part of this galaxy better than anyone, exactly as they deserve to be treated. In Geralt's case his childhood was taken away from him, so it's a lot "worse". Or should I say better? Is that a good behaviour?
I can't really judge a fictional character who went through mutations, even though I know more than five examples for this from real life. People who claim that Geralt is submissive or Yennefer's cuckloded lap dog just have no clue about things like this. It's the way he is, you can't change that. If it's for nothing more then for his trauma. He just appreciates females way more than people usually do in real life, sex is his way of saying thanks for your company, so is his silence and refusing to argue. Sometimes he would refuse, but in a gentle way. Sometimes not. Depends if you're a good person.

Last edited:
:D

I think in the original screenplay Triss wasn't even main romance for Geralt anymore. They changed it later.

---------- Updated at 12:30 PM ----------

Another older interview with Tomaszkiewicz brothers
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/27/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-is-the-next-step-for-rpgs

Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz (Lead Game designer of TW3):

“Geralt has changed his priorities,” says Mateusz. “He has regained his memory, so he remembers that he had a family once, he wants to find his long lost love – Yennefer, the sorceress. He doesn’t care about politics any more – even less than in previous games. There will be moments where Geralt will get involved in [political] things, but this time we have divided the plotlines of The Witcher 3 into a few categories. The first category is the basic main storyline of the character, of Geralt – looking for his Yennefer, amongst much else. This is the plot that is very personal to Geralt, and this is the main driving force for the entire game.

Like a patch in the game, for keeping everybody happy? Oh! yes... I remember I have talked about Beers and Beers and Lemons once time ;)

The main plot Story no need at all Triss' character. That's why some players feels a "huge" whole in Act3 about that. And the majority of gamers find that the real huge lack in Act3 is The Wild Hunt itself and Eredin character.

I'm just wondering why desappointed players prefer blame Yennefer character than CDPR. At least, the game creators thought make the game this way... not Yen... or did she? By a spell?

Last edited:
Just noticed that Ciri do not trust in Yen's intentions.
Why? I haven't noticed any attempts to use Ciri some how in some kind Yen's plans. All she wanted to find her. What about Ciri is talking?

Yeh. Good question. We've been trying to figure it out for like, last 2 weeks here, on this thread :D

It's one of the main reasons why the portrayal of Yen&Ciri relationship in the game is so...bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom