Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've read all 46 pages and haven't seen anything about Yennefer and strange letters you can find in game. First one is from Vigo! And she is calling her a friend!!! I was really puzzled, and became worring that Yennefer didn't get her memory back or she was fooled by Nilfgard sorceres. And her strange behavior in the game was confirming my fears. Then I've found letter about djin... and again I was worried... it seems she didn't know why she was looking for him. She said like her obsession of djin is strange and she don't know why she kontinue to look for it. There is also a letter about Emgyr plans for lodge... and I think she is asking how she will handle consequences. There is nothing specific but I think Emgyr plan wasn't to free sorceress instead he was going to imprison them or worse and Yennefer didn't tell them truth. But I never learned what happend to them because I didn't killed Radovid. And there isn't any info about rest lodge after I finished game. So I have an impression that Yennefer has agreement with Emgyr but it's a bit different from what she is saying to lodge. What do you think about this? Also didn't you find strange that Fringila Vigo call Yennefer friend in that letter?

As for ingame image of Yennefer I see a quite a bit of bad decision from Reds. First of all it's Last Wish quest and whole djin thing. It's so wrong in many ways :( also I find it's strange that she force Geralt to help lodge. After what they have done to Ciri and her I don't think she will ever help any of them apart from Triss. This is also a big mistake from Reds. Well, only if her true agreement with Emgyr inclune enslavement of all lodge then I can understand her motives. She just use lodge to rescue Ciri and then betrays them as they refuse to help her when she was asking (I mean from books).

Too many questions we won't get the answer though, unfortunately.
But, why would Yennefer ask Geralt to run away/retire after this is all over before the fight against Eredin? (the cutscene in the tent) :)

Ohh, and I have to remind everyone that in books Yennefer gave to Geralt almost all herself more than to any other man she was ever with and what he has done? One day he just run away leaving her with a note and flowers on the bed. That hurts so much... and when she meets him again during Gold Dragon story what happened? She ask him to saly Dragon... not because of the money or fame or other shit. She confess that she might know person who can cure her. And Geralt know how much it hurts her that she can't have baby. He knew that she still want baby not like other sorceress who gave up on this. He knew how important this for her and what he is doing? HE REFUSE! And immediately regret his words. He was expecting her been very furious but she was silent... and everyone was silent it was so obvious for all people that Geralt was wrong that no one need to say anything. When I was reading books I was relly hating Geralt at this point. It was his worse mistake in his life to hurt so much someone you love... and still she forgive him. Yeah after she finds that Dragon was protecting baby-dragon but she forgive him. Yennefer is the best ^_^ She can accept her mistake and other mistakes and forgive.

---------- обновленный 14:13 ----------

Too many questions we won't get the answer though, unfortunately.
But, why would Yennefer ask Geralt to run away/retire after this is all over before the fight against Eredin? (the cutscene in the tent)

Yeah, this is strange... its like those letters are from another person. Is she still ask Geralt to run away in Ciri Empress ending?

Also didn't you find strange that Fringila Vigo call Yennefer friend in that letter?

Well,even though they started out as enemies,Fringilla did a lot for Yen in the books.She helped her escape from the Lodge in Baptism of Fire and cleared Yen's name for Geralt.I'd say Fringilla was more of a friend to Yennefer,than Triss was.

It was Vigo fault Yennefer lost her eyesight during Battle of Sodden. And Yennefer knows about this... from the first meeting at the Lodge. And she slept with Geralt. I think Yennefer should know that too. Yes, she helped her to escape from Lodge and help Geralt with new amulet and in the end this amulet help both Geralt and Yennefer to defeat Vilgeforz. But still I think they should be if not enemies but definitley not friends. No way!!! Yennefer is too obsessive toward Geralt and his realtionship with other Sorceress. In the books at least. And the way she was watching at Yennefer later in the books when Yennefer and Ciri were at lodge... it was more like fear not friend. I think she was afraid of Yennefer, she was afraid of what she can do to her if she will earn about her missadventure with Geralt. Don't you think?

It was Vigo fault Yennefer lost her eyesight during Battle of Sodden. And Yennefer knows about this... from the first meeting at the Lodge. And she slept with Geralt. I think Yennefer should know that too. Yes, she helped her to escape from Lodge and help Geralt with new amulet and in the end this amulet help both Geralt and Yennefer to defeat Vilgeforz. But still I think they should be if not enemies but definitley not friends. No way!!! Yennefer is too obsessive toward Geralt and his realtionship with other Sorceress. In the books at least. And the way she was watching at Yennefer later in the books when Yennefer and Ciri were at lodge... it was more like fear not friend. I think she was afraid of Yennefer, she was afraid of what she can do to her if she will earn about her missadventure with Geralt. Don't you think?

And Yen killed Fringilla's friend during the Battle of Sodden,i'd say they're even.

HE REFUSE!
He doesn't kill dragons. It's a principle for him and Yennefer respect that he doesn't brake his own principle even for her.

---------- Updated at 04:12 PM ----------

Is she still ask Geralt to run away in Ciri Empress ending?
The Problem with different endings is, that, sometimes they don't fit.
I think there are 2 combinations of endings that make the most sense:
1. Ciri being a witcheress and Geralt + Yen
2. Ciri being an empress and Geralt + Triss, with Yen being Ciris advisor.
All other combinations, while possible, don't make really sense.

luc0s - I see you were banned? Why??? Because of the Triss fans? :( I hope you will be back or so. Not fair.

Guess who's back? ;)

And I have you know that my ban had nothing to do with the Triss thread or the Triss fans. @Ganen was talking out of his ass when he said I got banned because I supposedly got emotional and supposedly abused Triss fans. ;)

Welcome back luc - really glad to see ya back :)

Good to see ths thread increased in popularity in my absence. Been pretty busy with personal stuff (university & work) so my ban was actually a good thing as it helped me concentrate on finishing my work for this semester.

I also finished my Witcher book collection with these beautiful covers. I already had all the books, but I had the "gamified" covers for most of them, which I think are ugly, I wanted to have all the books with these nicely illustrated covers:

This is a good opportunity to read all the books again to refresh my memories on them so I can better defend Yen against the falsehoods spread by her haters ;) (I kid, I kid).

Last edited:
Good to see ths thread increased in popularity in my absence. Been pretty busy with personal stuff (university & work) so my ban was actually a good thing as it helped me concentrate on finishing my work for this semester.

I also finished my Witcher book collection with these beautiful covers. I already had all the books, but I had the "gamified" covers for most of them, which I think are ugly, I wanted to have all the books with these nicely illustrated covers

Yeah, I ordered the Trade Paper versions myself (same as you have displayed). Covers are much better. A little tough to track down here though, having to order them piecemeal from all over the place. Nice to have you back :)

I also finished my Witcher book collection with these beautiful covers. I already had all the books, but I had the "gamified" covers for most of them, which I think are ugly, I wanted to have all the books with these nicely illustrated covers:

This is a good opportunity to read all the books again to refresh my memories on them so I can better defend Yen against the falsehoods spread by her haters ;) (I kid, I kid).

What a great collection - the covers of youir books are the best in my opinion - I don't like the US "game" versions - when The Swallow's Tower and Lady of the Lake will be released in English? :)

Here is my collection of all books and comics most of them in Czech language:

Last edited:
Yeah, I ordered the Trade Paper versions myself (same as you have displayed). Covers are much better. A little tough to track down here though, having to order them piecemeal from all over the place. Nice to have you back :)

Which country do you live in? I ordered all of my Trade Paper versions at http://www.bol.com
It's a Dutch website. The cool thing about that site is that if they run out of stock they'll use their connections with other bookstores to see if any other bookstore has the specific copy you want to have and then they'll order it for you there and send it to you. Really nice service so I didn't have to scavenge the internet all over the place to complete my collection. :D

---------- Updated at 05:15 PM ----------

What a great collection - the covers of youir books are the best in my opinion - I don't like the US "game" versions - when The Swallow's Tower and Lady of the Lake will be released in English? :)

Here is my collection of all books and comics most of them in Czech language:

I saw those Czech covers last time in was in the Czech Republic (I go there every year because my parents live in the Czech Republic). They look really nice.

Those two books at the front, are those the Dark Horse comics? I only have a digital copy of those comics. I'm looking for a physical copy now.

I don't know when the last two books of The Witcher will be translated to English. They're already translated to Dutch for a while now and I did buy and read them in Dutch, but I don't really like the Dutch translations. I think the English translations are better.

Those are some nice looking collections. Too bad I don't have the luxury of reading these kind of books anymore. Just have to skim through the summary to have an idea what is it all about, but yeah I'm missing out the 'art of writing'

Anyway... I'm curious. If most of you could recall if you romanced Yen, after the briefing just before the final battle (in the tent) Yen asked us to follow her & retire from worldly affairs. Geralt asked, where? Yen said anywhere & mentioned few places.

Where do you think they settled down?

Haha didn't know that you know my country luc - a lot of people don't even know where it is :D

Those two books at the front, are those the Dark Horse comics? I only have a digital copy of those comics. I'm looking for a physical copy now.

Nope those at the front are Witcher 2 exclusive comics from CD PROJECT RED for game shop customers - the Dark Horse comic book is the one at the end of the 2nd row - House of Glass - the other one "Fox Children" isn't released here yet :)

Those are some nice looking collections. Too bad I don't have the luxury of reading these kind of books anymore. Just have to skim through the summary to have an idea what is it all about, but yeah I'm missing out the 'art of writing'

Anyway... I'm curious. If most of you could recall if you romanced Yen, after the briefing just before the final battle (in the tent) Yen asked us to follow her & retire from worldly affairs. Geralt asked, where? Yen said anywhere & mentioned few places.

Where do you think they settled down?

If Geralt has a say in it; probably somewhere in Rivia or Lyria. He seemed to have a fondness for those two countries, he got knighted by the queen of Rivia and was told he's always welcome there. If I'm not mistaken I remember that in the books right before he got murdered he wanted to settle down in Rivia and retire there.

I have no clue what Yennefer's preferred place would be. She named herself Yennefer of Vengerberg but I don't think she has any specific or emotional ties to that place.

Haha didn't know that you know my country luc - a lot of people don't even know where it is :D

Nope those at the front are Witcher 2 exclusive comics from CD PROJECT RED for game shop customers - the Dark Horse comic book is the one at the end of the 2nd row - House of Glass - the other one "Fox Children" isn't released here yet :)

Oh I see. I have those comics as well, but also only in digital PDF format.

And yeah I know The Czech Republic. Awesome country. I think Prague is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever visited. My parents live in Jirikov, a small village near the border of Germany.

I also finished my Witcher book collection with these beautiful covers. I already had all the books, but I had the "gamified" covers for most of them, which I think are ugly, I wanted to have all the books with these nicely illustrated covers.

Those covers are pretty good.Putting Cahir on Sword of Destiny cover makes no sense,though.

Those covers are pretty good.Putting Cahir on Sword of Destiny cover makes no sense,though.

Are you sure that's Cahir? I thought it was supposed to be Eyck of Denesle. Cahir has black armor with a black cape and with those wings on his helmet. The guy on the Sword of Destiny cover has a white cape and silver armor and doesn't seem to have a helmet with wings.

If Geralt has a say in it; probably somewhere in Rivia or Lyria. He seemed to have a fondness for those two countries, he got knighted by the queen of Rivia and was told he's always welcome there. If I'm not mistaken I remember that in the books right before he got murdered he wanted to settle down in Rivia and retire there.

I have no clue what Yennefer's preferred place would be. She named herself Yennefer of Vengerberg but I don't think she has any specific or emotional ties to that place.
Beyond the Dragon Mountains :D .....I really don't know - I can imagine them traveling together and spending Winters in Kear Morhen...(where Ciri and other friends can visit them too)

Then we can have DLC about it hehe. See what I mean, the epilogue left us with more question than answers.

Yen is not welcomed in Skellige after that necromancy incident... Rivia and Kaer Morhen seems plausible.
Hmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom