Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
She will convince you
Fringilla 'Seasickness" Vigo...

Ah well...I don't want to bother with Act 3 again...Not before first expansion...

Not sure how many times was this picture posted already, but hell, it matches the extract perfectly. One of my most favorite Geralt and Yennefer moments from the books. :)

http://bathorygen.deviantart.com/

He embraced her. Touched. Found. Yennefer, in an incredible way was hard and soft at the

same time, she sighed loudly. The words they said were broken, sighs and aspirations which

disappeared in a hurry, ceased to have meaning and dispersed. So silent, focused on finding

themselves on the search for truth. They were looking a long time, carefully and lovingly,

fearing the sacrilege of haste, the lightness and neglect. They looked hard, intense and

passionate. They looked carefully, fearing the sacrilege of the absence of finesse.

They found each other, they overcame fear and a moment later, they found the truth, which

exploded under their eyelids, awesome, blindingly obvious, a groan tore at his mouth which

was clenched in determination. He then shuddered and time froze, everything disappeared,

and only became a functioning sense of touch.

An eternity passed, reality returned, and for the second time he shuddered and began to

move slowly, awkwardly, like a big loaded wagon. Geralt looked out the window. The moon

was in the sky but what happened a moment ago should have thrown it to the ground.

‘Wow,’ said Yennefer after a time, wiping tears from her cheeks with a slow movement.

They lay motionless between the disordered sheets, among tremors, between the warmth

and the expiring happiness, among the silence that swirled around the indistinct darkness

pregnant with the smell of the night and the voices of the cicadas. Geralt knew that in such

moments as these sorceress telepathic abilities were heightened and very strong, he thought

so intensely about issues and beautiful things. The brightness of the rising sun. In the dawn

mist hanging over a mountain lake. In crystalline waterfalls filled with jumping salmon, as

bright as if made of molten silver. The warm drops of rain hitting the leaves of a rose bush in

full bloom.

He thought of her. Yennefer smiled, listening to his thoughts. The smile trembled on her

cheeks with the silver by the moon shadow on her eyelashes.

‘A house?’ Yennefer asked suddenly. ‘What house? Do you have a house? Do you wish to

build a house? Ah... sorry. I should not...’

He was silent. He was angry with himself. Thinking about her had inadvertently allowed

her to read the thoughts he harboured about it.

‘A beautiful dream.’ Yennefer lightly stroked his arm. ‘A house. A house built with your

own hands and in the house you and me. You would raise horses and sheep, I would take care

of the garden, food and Cardaria would weigh the wool that we would take to the market.

From the orens that we would be given from the sale of the wool and various fruits of the

earth we would by everything we need, say a little copper kettle and an iron rake. Every so

often we would visit Ciri with her husband and their three children, sometimes Triss

Merigold would come and to be with us for a few days. We could grow old with dignity. And

if I get bored at night you would play the bagpipes made with your own hands. Playing the

bagpipes, as everyone knows is the best remedy for the blues.’

The witcher was silent. The sorceress coughed softly.

‘Sorry,’ he said at last. He raised himself on his elbow, leaned over and kissed her. She

moved to rapidly embrace him. In silence.

‘Say something.’

‘I do not want to lose you, Yen’

‘After all I have.’

‘This night is over.’

‘Everything ends.’

No, he thought. I do not want it to be so. I’m tired. Too tired to accept the prospect of

principals, after which you have to start all over again. I wish...

‘Do not talk.’ With a quick movement Yennefer laid a finger on his lips. ‘Do not tell me

what you want or what you crave. Because I might not be able to fulfil your wishes and that

would cause me pain.’

‘And what do you want, Yen? What do you dream?

‘Only about things that can be achieved.’

‘What about me?’

‘I already have you.’

He was silent for a long time. And waited for the moment she broke the silence.

‘Geralt?’

‘Mmm?’

‘Make love to me, please.’

At first, they filled each other, both were full of fantasy and imagination, ideas, discoveries

and new desires. As usual, it soon proved that it was both too much and too little. They

understood at once and again proved their love.

When Geralt came to, the moon was still in place. Cicadas chirped loudly as if they would

also like to fight fear and unrest on the basis of madness and passion. From a nearby window

on the left wing of Aretuza someone hungry for sleep screamed and fumed bitterly,

demanding silence. From the window across someone, apparently gifted with an artistic soul,

enthusiastically applauded and shouted congratulations.

‘Oh, Yen...’ Whispered the witcher in shame.

‘I had a reason...’ she kissed him and them nestled her cheek into the pillow. ‘I had a

reason to scream, so I screamed. That should not be suppressed, it is unhealthy and unnatural.

Hold me, if you can.’

Do you guys romance Yen in all your playthroughs, because I actually had a lot more fun antagonizing her. She taught my Geralt a lesson at Kaer Moorhen but it was worth it :)

No, he thought. I do not want it to be so. I’m tired. Too tired to accept the prospect of principals, after which you have to start all over again. I wish...
‘Do not talk.’ With a quick movement Yennefer laid a finger on his lips. ‘Do not tell me what you want or what you crave. Because I might not be able to fulfil your wishes and that would cause me pain.’
Oh my... Love this part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom