GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was Quen removed from Keira and Ida? It doesn't seem to do with the power level of these mages but something to do with Quen itself.

Can you explain the thought process that led to this decision?

I am sorry if I am at the wrong thread. The topic is about gwent questions anyway, right?

I wanted to ask about Ciri (vanilla one with brave). Will she return to her initial strength (when buffed) if you get her back into your hand? I haven't encountered that scenario due to my luck so I couldn't test it myself.

Two quick questions about Pro Ladder:

1) How many players exactly are there in the Pro Ladder?

2) How is fMMR Real score calculated, it is not transparent as in regular ladder, as far as I have seen most players have Real score in between 1100 and 1300. I assume 1200 is base line and wins earn you point while defeats lose them, but what is the amount of lost or gained points and does it depend on your current fMMR, your current overall MMR, highest fMMR or MMR achieved, opponents MMR and such factors?

ST was hotfixed quite swiftly but we've not seen such for NR and NG. Are you content with how the balance is now or will there be further fixes in the near future?

Cougar1993;n9499751 said:
Where is patch notes? Why is in game still patch notes from 5. July .... :(

You can find the full patch notes here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...nt-the-witcher-card-game-gold-immunity-update

The in-game patch notes should display the changes made in the recent hotfix (September 5th). You can find them here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...went-the-witcher-card-game-hotfix-is-now-live

qbim;n9505901 said:
I am sorry if I am at the wrong thread. The topic is about gwent questions anyway, right?

I wanted to ask about Ciri (vanilla one with brave). Will she return to her initial strength (when buffed) if you get her back into your hand? I haven't encountered that scenario due to my luck so I couldn't test it myself.

Ciri's strength will return to her base value when moved to the hand.

SrdjanB;n9511451 said:
Two quick questions about Pro Ladder:

1) How many players exactly are there in the Pro Ladder?

There are over 15 000 players in the Pro Ladder.

Tapiir;n9520141 said:
ST was hotfixed quite swiftly but we've not seen such for NR and NG. Are you content with how the balance is now or will there be further fixes in the near future?

We're looking into the balance. It's possible there might be further adjustments.

Hi,
Will there be a feature in Gwent, to allow a replay of previous match(es) for any mistakes made and to correct in the future matches?

Regards,
Hamza

Will Gwent always remain Free to Play ?? Even when it comes out of beta?
i mean how will CDPR make money ...if not enough people buy Kegs(i know starter packs are quite popular. .but they are a 1 time thing) for you to keep supporting this game?...

Sorry if this has all been brought up before but I've heard lots of people say that the biggest issue in Gwent at the moment is the coinflip and roughly as many say the only potential fix involves giving a token or free points to whoever goes first. Football authorities also think the same issue applies to penalty shootouts. A solution they are looking into is staggering the turns in the shootout (eg, turn 1, team A goes first, team B goes second - turn 2, team B goes first and team A goes second and they alternate through the event) so no one team is always going first and the other always going second. Could this be a potential fix to the coinflip issue or does it throw up a whole new world of problems?

Don't you think it will be much better to release small hotfix like every 2 weeks for example? It's not much work, and that will reduce a lot pissing off players playing against too much OP strategies over and over. For example now you could just nerf : meginord's, trololo and stennis (maybe 1 or 2 more cards). That will reduce finding NR in ranked 80% of times. Imo with no much work, game will be constanty fresh and more balanced. (Instead of changing a lot cards all at once every 3 month or so).

I'll ask here as well....
I am currently in pro ladder, and I have rank 15 in normal ladder.
What do I need to stay in pro ladder in the NEXT season??
- not to be in lowest 10% fmmr in pro ladder
- rank 21 in normal ladder
- both

So, do I need rank 21 in normal ladder, or not being in lowest 10% in pro ladder is enough??
It seems so confusing)))

Hello! Dear developers, does the game take into account the structure (not player's level or a number of points) of player's deck during matchmaking or this process is completely random? Because it looks like the higher you go the more unsuitable opponents for my deck I encounter.

byExeplar;n9535431 said:
Hi,
Will there be a feature in Gwent, to allow a replay of previous match(es) for any mistakes made and to correct in the future matches?

Regards,
Hamza

That's a cool idea! We'll think about it.

mishant;n9555891 said:
Will Gwent always remain Free to Play ?? Even when it comes out of beta?
i mean how will CDPR make money ...if not enough people buy Kegs(i know starter packs are quite popular. .but they are a 1 time thing) for you to keep supporting this game?...

Yes, the multiplayer core of GWENT will always be Free to Play. Only the singleplayer campaigns like the Thronebreaker will require to be purchased in order to play.

Sir_Hedgehog;n9557831 said:
Sorry if this has all been brought up before but I've heard lots of people say that the biggest issue in Gwent at the moment is the coinflip and roughly as many say the only potential fix involves giving a token or free points to whoever goes first. Football authorities also think the same issue applies to penalty shootouts. A solution they are looking into is staggering the turns in the shootout (eg, turn 1, team A goes first, team B goes second - turn 2, team B goes first and team A goes second and they alternate through the event) so no one team is always going first and the other always going second. Could this be a potential fix to the coinflip issue or does it throw up a whole new world of problems?

Thank you for your feedback! We're investigating the coinflip and we're trying to develop a solution that will satisfy players.

partci;n9578231 said:
Sorry if answered before, but can we order the speaking Troll Toy online already?

Shupe the Troll cannot be purchased at the moment.

Celestes666;n9581791 said:
I'll ask here as well....
I am currently in pro ladder, and I have rank 15 in normal ladder.
What do I need to stay in pro ladder in the NEXT season??
- not to be in lowest 10% fmmr in pro ladder
- rank 21 in normal ladder
- both

So, do I need rank 21 in normal ladder, or not being in lowest 10% in pro ladder is enough??
It seems so confusing)))

In order to stay in the Pro Ladder for the next season make sure you:
- played at least 10 games in the Pro Ladder
- are not among the 10% of Pro Ladder players with the lowest MMR

If you meet the above requirements you will stay in the Pro Ladder regardless of your Rank.

Alexandr-87;n9584601 said:
Hello! Dear developers, does the game take into account the structure (not player's level or a number of points) of player's deck during matchmaking or this process is completely random? Because it looks like the higher you go the more unsuitable opponents for my deck I encounter.

No. The structure of your deck doesn't affect matchmaking.

one of the most annoying things to do is test certain cards in certain circumstances.

will you consider a real practice mode where the player can control both sides of the board and be able to select any cards usable when doing so? that way can practice better. also, can maybe allow this possible mode to use any cards, including un-owned ones so as to do a try-before-you buy kind of thing on possible cards for crafting.

Hi dear developers, first of all, I love you, thx for your job on every game you make really, from the Witcher series to Gwent, this is always top quality game. Thx a lot for that.

Now my question is that, the pro ladder system has a system that "forces" players to play different decks and in fact, I found it really cool and refreshing as a concept because it gives us more variety in the match up encountered and here is my question. Do you plan into globalizing this "rule" to the regular ranked mode (maybe by giving special rewards for anyone playing different decks or something like that)?

Are you considering making a "sequel" to the campaign or will the next one (assuming there will be) focus on different characters? Furthermore, will singleplayer cards carry over to other campigns, besides the one they are unlocked in?

Hi! I know there has already been a lot of discussion about the UI, and I know it is not your priority atm as you are focused on making the actual game so I will keep this brief.

Okay so the first issue is how many screens there are in the menu. You constantly have to scroll many times to get to the right screen and then back again. This is not intuitive and does not look good. Another issue is that it is completely at odds to the rest of the game as it is too modern. It does not fit and it does not convey the right atmosphere (imo) In comparison the HS menu is fantastic as it really pulls you into the experience and and is very immersive. I just thought I'd share my thoughts on what could be improved as you said you would love to know!

To end on an actual question, Do you plan to add more Gwent boards to the game? As with the Menu, the board is not immersive at all and does not invoke the feel of playing in this world, like the HS boards do for them. I feel as though there are so many things you could do with them! For example The Ale Festival could have had its own board to fit the theme. Anyway that was longer than intended lol but keep up the great work! <3

I was wondering if you guys have the skellige revive deck under observation. I'm talking about the olgierd, morkvarg, cerys combo in particular. Am I not seeing the counter that wouldn't have me throwing in 3 lock cards, which kinda nerfs decks vs other decks. If you guys have a cost effective counter I'm not seeing then it would be awesome to hear it! So far I'm trying to not let it get to round 3, but depending on coin flip this sometimes leaves you down a card.

Is it just me, or is the last match win to reach the next level extra hard? I'm regularly losing games when there are only some XP left to reach the next level. So it's an endless fight against the award of points. Beside of that with increasing regularity I have to play against opponents who are 20-30 levels higher with perceived all of the most powerful cards.

Am I too skilful in the meantime (I'm currently 28/17, and have maybe 2/3 of the 'good' cards acquired) or has the game balancing problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom