Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
I think this game is made to be sort of mixed between Movie and Game, thus marketing towards different kind of median beside gamers. The things in prologue and endings are what movie would do, not necessary to have good endings. It's an entirely different game compared to witcher3, while people like me will keep comparing them because of the bad launch.

There are good things in the game, people just take it for granted. Most people here ranting on the forum like me just impatiently waiting for the next update and the design stuffs.

I'm 43 years old and been playing video games since I was 7. I just wanted to post here to thank the development team for a fantastic job in creating this beautiful world we get to play in. My favorite game of all time was the original The Legend of Zelda and I think Cyberpunk 2077 just knocked it off it's podium. I'm astonished at the level of detail this game has and it's just the beginning :)
Yes, and now we have to deal with the 7 year olds that are just starting.
The difference is we started our gaming with love, these guys start it with hate.
We will remember the games we loved, they will remember the games they hated, because hate is what marks their existence.
We didnt grow up in a hive mind society, we were not better, just more lucky.

I'm 43 years old and been playing video games since I was 7. I just wanted to post here to thank the development team for a fantastic job in creating this beautiful world we get to play in. My favorite game of all time was the original The Legend of Zelda and I think Cyberpunk 2077 just knocked it off it's podium. I'm astonished at the level of detail this game has and it's just the beginning :)
If you are going crazy over the game in its current state you are going to catch a heart attack after the patches and DLC, LMFAO

Even without the technical issues, there are multiple games that are 8-10 years older that are more game changing. There is literally nothing in this game that hasn't been done better by much older games.......other than maybe a few visuals.

Even without the technical issues, there are multiple games that are 8-10 years older that are more game changing. There is literally nothing in this game that hasn't been done better by much older games.......other than maybe a few visuals.
Witcher 3 was a game changer. Cyberpunk won't change anything. Somebody tell me any aspect of this game that is revolutionary?
Here's a list of game changers IMO.
*Skyrim
*RDR 2
*GTA V
*Fortnite & PUBG (Sadly)
*Cod MW (2007)
*Halo

ya1

Forum regular
I find the game to be crafted in such detail that NC just sucks me in, as if I'm reading a book or actually in a movie.

Enviro design and writing. Yeah, top notch. And for many players, that's enough to guarantee a great experience. But outside of that, game is truly mediocre. And in some aspects, just outrageously bad.

If you've played a few titles with an "RPG" tag, you can't help but notice that SOME PERKS AND MODS DO NOT WORK. This alone, at least to me, is enough to rage quit. Then there are fake stats. How can you include character progression elements that are just bogus? And this is not a bug that happens on some systems. They deliberately released a game where a player is made to invest their grind into progression elements that they knew do nothing. Then there are hundreds of things that are below the standards in the gaming industry (and would have been a decade ago). Can't recover thrown knives. Can't do this. Can't do that. If you look at the GAME SYSTEM (not the graphics and the environment), this would have been a poor to mediocre game 15 years ago.

I see the writing and the environment as something that saves this game from total fail. Not something that makes it a game changer.

I feel as if I can go anywhere in the game and do anything I like, which to me at least, is exhilarating.

This actually happens to be one of the most criticized aspects of the game. Decades ago, GTA had more open world activities. W3 had Gwent, for example. CP has nothing really, outside quests, gigs and crimes. Quests are great, especially the design and writing. But gigs and crimes are mostly all the same.

Last edited:
In screenshots, game looks amazing. However when playing it, everything falls apart.
This is the first AAA game that I've ever seen without any water effects.
Did anybody start a thread for water? Because it’s really hard for me to immerse myself. Puddles in
photomode_02012021_101602.png
the road doesn't react at all. Driving a car feels so boring in rain.

Still waiting to hear what about CP is a "game changer".
Yeah, same. It's one more "wow, I'm really enjoying this game therefore it must be totally unique / original / insert other hyperbolic adjective here" thread. Which, don't get me wrong, cool for OP that they found something they enjoy... but then words like "gamechanger" or "top shelf" get thrown around with no context. This makes it seem like the post is written by some young kid who just saw his first AAA game (no offence to OP, but that's sort of how this seems).

Cyberpunk takes good formulas from Farcry, has GTA-esque driving and I described CP to a friend as Quake meets Bushido meets every 80's fantasy of the future meets Crpg.

Fix the stat screen, mods and balance it, add few dlcs and imo that'd be preem and very hard to top (looking at you TES 6)

Personally I think a few game development teams are playing Cyberpunk rn sorta in awe and scrambling to see if they can match such a feat.

Cyberpunk is a mean feat. I'm biased tho, because I love Judy, Jonny, and Choomba.

Its the sum of Cyberpunk's parts and potential that makes it top shelf piece of art.

Witcher 3 was a game changer. Cyberpunk won't change anything. Somebody tell me any aspect of this game that is revolutionary?
Here's a list of game changers IMO.
*Skyrim
*RDR 2
*GTA V
*Fortnite & PUBG (Sadly)
*Cod MW (2007)
*Halo
Skyrim changed nothing from Oblivion. The only thing that changed are 10x the sales, which influenced other franchises. Witcher 3 would not have been open world without Skyrim, but the gameplay of Skyrim was not revolutionary.

Skyrim changed nothing from Oblivion. The only thing that changed are 10x the sales, which influenced other franchises. Witcher 3 would not have been open world without Skyrim, but the gameplay of Skyrim was not revolutionary.
Skyrim didn't feel significantly worse than the predecessor in most aspects though.

For me The Legend of Zelda was the first game I played that just had that freedom to go anywhere. I was young when it released, maybe 10 years of age. So yes, many games have improved on that formula but, for me, it was a gaming high. Breath of the Wild was amazing too but, in the end, I still have yet to beat it, probably due to it just being too much for me and my time. I do need to revisit it though because it certainly was groundbreaking. Another one would be World of Warcraft as I had never played an MMO before that, did not even know they existed, and it blew me away...until the grind finally blew me away from the game.

I guess I would put Cyperpunk 2077 in this type of category for me. It's just something very new to me and the setting is just stunning. I would argue the story and the characters are well crafted as well but have not finished the game so would not have enough experience to do so. I will say that when Jackie dies I was honestly saddened by it, what a great character.
have you played The Witcher 3? You should try that.

Weird opinion to have, i don't want to call it wrong because thats like your opinion. but my god how could you possibly believe this is....i can't even bother.

What's so weird about it? Night City is an unprecedented achievement in gaming and the game itself is visually the most beautiful game ever made.

You can make all kinds of claims of missing features and bugged AI, but you can't show me a better looking game than Cyberpunk 2077 and you most definitely can't show me another Night City. CP2077 is beyond anything currently on the market and yes I play on PC. I certainly feel bad about people struggling on PS4, but at the same time I can't erase my incredible experience on PC.

This game is not going to be surpassed any time soon.

This actually happens to be one of the most criticized aspects of the game. Decades ago, GTA had more open world activities. W3 had Gwent, for example. CP has nothing really, outside quests, gigs and crimes. Quests are great, especially the design and writing. But gigs and crimes are mostly all the same.

You bring a very good point about Gwent, and thinking about other games I loved it that had minigames, it really adds a whole new fun to it, a minigame is seriously missed in this game. a lot and I can't believe it was not added. How can you achieve such a success in a game and then take those elements out in the next game? honestly I feel the directing in TW3 was waaaaaay more solid. CP reminds me of the mess of a direction Dragon Age Inquisition was. And years later devs (not directors and higher ups, but the actual devs) told that game was such development nightmare they wished it would fail.

I enjoyed and am enjoying it too, immensely.

& To all of you naysayers who are on this forum (because why? If you hate the game why are you stalking the forums lol?), Go look at the steam reviews graph. It's 80% positive.

It's baffling how many people are stalking these forums just to complain. Go do something else...
Putting the mirror in front of u.
This is how u sound:
"& To all of you yessayers who are on this forum (because why? If you love the game why are you stalking the forums lol?), Go look at ray traced scenes and play the game.

It's baffling how many people are stalking these forums just to complain about people complaining. Go do something else..."

Enjoy!

Sir it's called freedom of speech. People can both criticize and praise the game in equal measure.

You bring a very good point about Gwent, and thinking about other games I loved it that had minigames, it really adds a whole new fun to it, a minigame is seriously missed in this game. a lot and I can't believe it was not added. How can you achieve such a success in a game and then take those elements out in the next game? honestly I feel the directing in TW3 was waaaaaay more solid. CP reminds me of the mess of a direction Dragon Age Inquisition was. And years later devs (not directors and higher ups, but the actual devs) told that game was such development nightmare they wished it would fail.

I think one of the biggest flaws (and as always I'm saying this as someone who loves Cyberpunk 2077 a shit tonne) is that it seems to suffer somewhat from an identity crisis - and those usually come from a lack of clear focus and direction from management.

Sometimes the game opens up and you feel like anything is possible, other times its claustrophobic and falls into linear story telling mode. Almost afraid to give the player the reigns to their own story.

I don't know where it's going from here and how it will look in the next couple of years - but I'm very interested in the inevitable expose on the development of Cyberpunk 2077.

What's so weird about it? Night City is an unprecedented achievement in gaming and the game itself is visually the most beautiful game ever made.
So, wait. Is it purely about visual fidelity? Is that why the game's "revolutionary"?

Don't get me wrong - the art direction in CP is very solid. Likewise, the in-game "ads" are equally great and the city is dripping with atmosphere. No doubt creating this took effort. BUT it's NOT "revolutionary". GTA3 was revolutionary when it moved from a flat 2D to a fully rendered 3D open-world city. This is just a new coat of paint (very pretty paint, mind you) on the "open world" genre that's been around for a while now.

Perhaps had CDPR actually stuck the landing and delivered the game they promised from the 2018 demo it would be more revolutionary because of the effort required to create it, but even then it wouldn't really deserve such an adjective.

For a moment I wanted to comment that the idea of seeing yourself being modified (scene with Vic) is something new, but then I remember Quake 4 already did that too... and then CP skimped out and did it JUST ONCE when the expectation was we'd get to see it for every major cybernetic install...
Post automatically merged:

It's baffling how many people are stalking these forums just to complain. Go do something else...
For 4 weeks and counting I'm waiting for my refund... I think at least until I get it I also get to whine as much as I please about the game. ;)

Top Bottom