Reasonable Expectations from future patch 1.3 (theoretical)

+
According to the official timeline, there isn't any patch 1.3 planned; at best we're going to have some minor 1.2x hotfixes. The game still looks rough and the pop-ups / texture loading issues that were introduced post 1.04 hasn't been fixed for me. Time to uninstall CP2077 and move on.

What I noticed on PC is that the best option for me is to perform a clean reinstall after a patch goes live, instead of installing just the patch itself.

Not sure if it would help in your situation, though.
I'd like to know if this works on console as well..if anyone has done this..let us know..please and thank you

Guest 4400165

People just want a GTA clone in the Cyberpunk universe. Why? I don't get this.
You should play The Witcher 3 (a good chunk of you, complaining, probably haven't) and compare it to CP2077. Seen the crowds there? Yup. Were they complex? You don't know. Did it even matter? No. Did you get any wanted levels from the guards? Nope. Did it even matter? Not at all. Noticed what you're mostly doing there? Quests, progressing the main story with occasional explorations and D-tours.

Who needs realistic pedestrians in this game? With complex routines, no less. Is that your goal here, to observe the pedestrians? Really?
Get angry or sad for collision with their cars and chase after V, why? You can always boot up GTAV/RDR(2) and make all that happen to scratch that itch, you don't need a lore and narration heavy game to give you those features. And that stupid fucking police thing again keeps coming up...

You, guys, already have more than 5 decent Rockstar games where you can play with pedestrians, enjoy your little police chases, start public massacres for giggles, etc. Not to mention knock-offs and clones.
CDPR have their formula and it's proven to be good, effective and worth applying, don't try to ruin it. You don't know what you're asking.

You should play The Witcher 3 (a good chunk of you, complaining, probably haven't) and compare it to CP2077. Seen the crowds there? Yup. Were they complex? You don't know. Did it even matter? No.

Again and said numerous times: CP2007 is set in a futuristic urban environment, it's not about medieval-fantasy villages and cities.

GTA got one of the most credible rendition of a crowd in terms of behavior, that's why people do the comparison.

I don't want a star based wanted system (oops, we already got one lol) or even GTA vibes, I want CREDIBLE pedestrians and drivers.

But REDengine ain't RAGE engine used by Rockstar. Implementing that is a huge challenge, maybe an impossible one as the engine itself should be revamped. It was clearly not designed to implement huge crowds and traffic: REDengine is a perfect tool to create landscapes, villages, forests, swamps, a 3rd person experience RPG. But a credible city with a ton of routines to make it feel alive and smart ? Well...

Don't get me wrong: Night City is a great job by itself. But NPC's behavior...well it's from the last century and it breaks immersion.

Kudos to devs who try hard to bring us fixes and solutions.

Unfortunately, IMHO none of the OP's expectations is "reasonable". It's not possible to code all these features with the use of this iteration of REDengine. It would require a complete redesign of the game's core (pathfinding, streaming, collisions).

This game is, sadly, not capable of delivering a higher (GTA-style) level of immersion in the open world. We will never get a significantly better AI, police system or city traffic.

Unfortunately, IMHO none of the OP's expectations is "reasonable".
Yep, sadly.

People don't want a GTA-like game, they want more immersive elements. It's a conicidence that GTA has got them a lot while not being a RPG.

While I think a lot of things would require a game engine rework, some are doable. AI modifications, food consuming and implant install animations, scripted background NPCs, etc.

Actually, the only thing that could stop CDPR from making CP2077 great again (in some way) is their analytics division, which may say that this is infeasible and it's time to move on.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not GTA, the NPCs should be tweaked a little again, to give them a little more reactions (less staying in one place, some reacts on seeing V naked etc.) but nothing crazy, I already think 1.2 NPCs are quite good, but what this game needs are things from probably free DLCs we will get. More customization, minigames and interaction with the beautiful world.

Its not that we want gta..its that we want what they told us..a fully living breathing imerssive city full of crowds/people and streets full of cars and a weather system..no in my game on the ps5..it rains every 2 in game days and there is quite a few people now in my city since yesterday's update..but not too many vehicles in the streets..I dont like gta and don't want this like that..but those are the games most games are like now and we like that stuff..saints row..red dead..yes cyberpunk is very linear and short..those of us who love the game and want to stay in that world for a longer time want more sandbox stuff to do and see..not end within 60hrs everything is seen and done and on to the next game..

Reasonable? 1.3 will just be a collection of various hotfixes after ( and IF ) they release the free cosmetic dlcs which will, without doubts, provide even more bugs as always. Then the next gen version will come ( see the roadmap ) and then, when ( and again IF ) the game will finally have some form of stability they will start working on dlcs.
All the rest is pointless at the moment or unavaible given the really bad engine used. Again, this game really is a wannabe GTA in disguise ( add some form of crafting and some Borderlands shooter looter and cringy/useless dialogues ) yet it was presented as a next gen form of open world while the only next gen thing it has its graphics if you are on pc and got a high end system. Vagrant Story was far more revolutionary as an RPG than this and it's a 2000 game.

Guest 3847602

In the head of the man who considers CP2077 dialogues cringy.
I guess cringey dialogue is subjective thing, but similarities to GTA should be easier to point out. That's assuming that open world + urban environment + cars isn't all it takes to be labeled as GTA clone. :shrug:

The game has nothing in common with GTA. It demonstrates completely another approach to the open-world building. It worked in TW3, but this game requires a bit more, and stealing something from GTA can be for good.
Not really.

It's not GTA but CP2077 tries hard to be it: from the stars of the wanted system to car hijacking, to the "police" miniquests.
It's as if the game was not supposed to have anything in common with the GTA franchise but someone decided to implement (or rather rush) GTA-style features, maybe because GTA is a huge commercial success...

You should play The Witcher 3 (a good chunk of you, complaining, probably haven't) and compare it to CP2077. Seen the crowds there? Yup. Were they complex? You don't know. Did it even matter? No. Did you get any wanted levels from the guards? Nope. Did it even matter? Not at all. Noticed what you're mostly doing there? Quests, progressing the main story with occasional explorations and D-tours.

Who needs realistic pedestrians in this game? With complex routines, no less. Is that your goal here, to observe the pedestrians? Really?
Get angry or sad for collision with their cars and chase after V, why? You can always boot up GTAV/RDR(2) and make all that happen to scratch that itch, you don't need a lore and narration heavy game to give you those features. And that stupid fucking police thing again keeps coming up...

You, guys, already have more than 5 decent Rockstar games where you can play with pedestrians, enjoy your little police chases, start public massacres for giggles, etc. Not to mention knock-offs and clones.
CDPR have their formula and it's proven to be good, effective and worth applying, don't try to ruin it. You don't know what you're asking.
And don't you feel when you play and enjoy the city looking for stories and between missions that you are in a beautiful and dead place?

They tell a fantastic story and leave all the potential that the immense map has totally untapped. I don't want a GTA, but I do want the same immersion that I enjoy inside story missions, when I play outside of stories. It feels wasted, it is good that we demand that they advance along that path that has not yet been worked on.

If there are eating and drinking cinematics, why can't I eat and drink all over town?
Why if I am curious to know the city and I want to talk to an npc, he just tells me, leave me, go away, I am not interested in you? I do not ask for complex conversations but more work with the npcs and the AI.

Because if I have a fight in the street when I turn, all the npcs disappear? or why is the AI of cars so sad?

Don't you think it would make the game much better? I respect your opinion but mine is very respectable too. I have never played GTA nor will I play, Cyberpunk raises much more exciting things but it is half cooked ...

Patch 1.2 is welcome and we applaud the team for it, I haven't seen most of the bugs in my time played, but does CDPR consider the work on Cyberpunk 2077 finished? Hopefully not....

Last edited:

The game has nothing in common with GTA. It demonstrates completely another approach to the open-world building. It worked in TW3, but this game requires a bit more, and stealing something from GTA can be for good.

Won't fall for the bait, but I'll try to explain even If I don't really have/want to consider your response.
GTA has cringy dialogues and it's fine, it works in THAT system because it is a parody of many things ( being it America as a whole or the gangster/mafia style ). CP2077 is set in a ( supposedly, at least in the pen and paper version ) dystopic dark future but it's filled with curse words and "cool teenager" dialogues while trying ( and failing in my point of view, or at least not really putting anything new/already seen ) to sound deep.
To answer to the other guy, no, not every urban open world it's a GTA clone, but GTA ( starting from GTA 3, 2001 ) certainly popularized the driving-shooting open world formula you can find in CP2077 too.

CP2077 is set in a ( supposedly, at least in the pen and paper version ) dystopic dark future but it's filled with curse words and "cool teenager" dialogues while trying ( and failing in my point of view, or at least not really putting anything new/already seen ) to sound deep.
While CP2077 has got a lot if (intentionally) cringy dialogues, they cannot be summarized so. Too much of an interesting talk about what is soul and rights of the dead to properly die.
GTA ( starting from GTA 3, 2001 ) certainly popularized the driving-shooting open world formula you can find in CP2077 too.
Popularized? Yes. Any urban open-world game is GTA-like? No. As I've already said, CP2077 approach is hugely different, and details like "pull out a driver and steal the car" are only details which mean nothing.

GTA games make their bet on mini-games and sandbox mechanics, which evolved very long time, but are too generic by their nature. TW3 and CP2077 were based on cardboard and shallow, but full of mini-quests and hand-made content locations. A proper mix can actually make the world feel alive, but both games lack something another game introduces.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be faster to say "i want the GTA sandbox"? I doubt that is gonna happen,the focus of the game is not that and might require significant changes to the game engine. Realistically,they might be able to solve traffic jams and de-spawning radius of cars/npcs(but you will for sure pay a price in performance).
I have a lore reason for all the traffic jams you see. It works very good with the Role Playing element.
A traffic jam occurs for 50% becasue the driver has a cyberware malfunction resulting in either loss of limbs, eyesight. Shut down of body parts or other paralyzing, or paralysis inducing elements that either make the driver literally unable to continue driving, or are effectively helpless to continue driving by themselves.
Source of this inspiration (albeit a bit dark in nature) Loviisa Kaukonen internet story.
Post automatically merged:

Sigh. I have my issues with the game but these comments are so tiresome. If y'all are gonna criticize them as they actively work to improve the game, why should they even bother? Provide constructive feedback or check up on the game in a years time and THEN complain if these issues are still not fixed.
I agree with you. comments such as these right after they released a patch with notes the size of a small moon.If some people dont find what they would like in the patch, thats fine. but please do not scrutinize their efforts like this. the time for dragging up old cows is over, let them keep working on the game in some peace and await what they will bring next.

Last edited:
Top Bottom