New interview with creators!

+
To all those taking bets... I am happy ...

Happy enough to be posting from a state of misery, backpain, hunger, abdominal pain, exhaustion, and nausea and I am still bloody happy....

Happy enough to be posting from a state of misery, backpain, hunger, abdominal pain, exhaustion, and nausea and I am still bloody happy....

Great to hear from you man! hope you are better now!

The Man from Datafortress, he says YES!

On the one hand, it sucks that I lost my bet. On the other, it's good to hear from you.
Get well soon buddy.

3 year production cycles with releases every 18 months...

So with 2012 being the year Cyberpunk was announced, so 2015 looks good for the intended release date, about 18 months after TW3...

I wonder what other titles they are looking at right now for future development?

It was announced in 2012, but they said a small core team had already been working on it for a while. I feel '77 is going to get a longer dev cycle than TW3. And I should have bet a GOG game Wisdom would like the news. :cool:

It was announced in 2012, but they said a small core team had already been working on it for a while. I feel '77 is going to get a longer dev cycle than TW3. And I should have bet a GOG game Wisdom would like the news. :cool:

If they're using the "two team" approach, it sounds like they're planning based on 3 years per AAA game. And yes, I'd expect CP77 may take a little longer as it's the game where they need to finalise all of the things that weren't there, or were of only minor importance, in The Witcher. Like character customisation, multiplayer and the use of ranged weapons.

If they're using the "two team" approach, it sounds like they're planning based on 3 years per AAA game. And yes, I'd expect CP77 may take a little longer as it's the game where they need to finalise all of the things that weren't there, or were of only minor importance, in The Witcher. Like character customisation, multiplayer and the use of ranged weapons.

I can't remember where I read it, or heard it, but I know there is supposed to be more projects on the go already. But I do elieve these are 'smaller' projects.

Yup, the three year/18 month development cycle only applies to the Big Project. The smaller ones, whatever they are, run in parallel.

Superhero game?

Supernatural game, modern or near-modern?

Fantasy game, magic-focussed. I always wanted to try a Sorceror in Sapkowski's world.

"In The Witcher you decided to go open world. It almost seems like you got seduced the success of Skyrim and now want to leech on it.
I hear this comparison everywhere and it irritates me. The Witcher 3 isn't and won't be Skyrim. Skyrim was a great lesson in open world design and also has shown us how it ends up when someone makes a generic RPG. Our game will have good stories."
Ahahaha priceless!

I wonder what they are...

From what i know these smaller (apparently there are 2 of them planned as of now) will have around 20 hours long gameplay and will support one of main production lines. Smaller games are supposed to be released after W3 but before Cyberpunk 2077 . Thats the info from company strategy for 2013-2016. As far as i know its not a mobile game. My guess is, these smaller projects are paid expansions for witcher 3.

Awesome. Yeah, while we knew most of this, it's nice to have it confirmed by those who are making this game. Simply can't wait. :D

Player skill will matter more than stats...what they've said from the beginning.

thank god for that
combat based on dice rolls sucks and has never worked right

love the interview btw, cdpr seems to really get what cyberpunk is and how it should be done
the more i hear about c77 the more i think they'll make my dream game come true

Nice. Everything they say, almost everything is what I would want in my dream game. Fucking hell give me a time machine.

No saving the world - check
Factions - check
Politics and real world issues - check
Character appearance and customization affects the story - check
Open world, do what you want - check
Player skill defines gameplay - check
Driving...maybe?

Man these guys are going to resurrect Cyberpunk.

Its awesome, Cyberpunk will rise!

Top Bottom