What are your thoughts on the end-game.

+
CD project said that you will be able to freeroam after the ending, but some of quest may be locked disapeared etc. So you will have freeroam but it will be quite different,

No, they said they were thinking about either doing what you just described or ending the game when the story's done and letting the player know before they go past the point of no return.

I am not saying that he needs to die, but this is the last witcher game and this is last time that we will play as Geralt.
Telling the story is main focus of this game and I think that after-ending free roam is a burden they dont need to carry. In some endings Geralt will survive and in some he will most probably die so the player will have to make certain choices to survive and play after the end. They cant punish players like that in a game where right and wrong choices dont exist. It simply doesnt make sense from designers perspective. this is only my opinion tho.

Agreed 100%. As much as I'm a proponent of Free-roam after the game (I would really love it), if it's going to be in some way harmful to the Story, or ends up requiring so much work that it draws away time from other important Game elements (Although considering they said you can play through the entire game, most of this is probably decided & done) then I wouldn't want it. Especially if Geralt dies in one ending, then it would be pretty frustrating if people felt like they specifically had to make certain choices to avoid his death so you could roam afterwards.

However I still don't understand how free-roam effects the impact of the 'Credits Rolling'. I went into RDR completely blind & when the Credits hit, I was extremely satisfied by the game... Then when you jump back into the game it didn't diminish the ending or I didn't feel like anything was pointless. It carried its weight perfectly & then I thought, "Fantastic, now I can just ride around throwing hookers on Train Tracks & exploring any areas I missed. Same with option C in the GTAV ending, that was extremely satisfying & going back to complete some of the Lester Missions after never changed the impact of that ending.

I dunno, everyone is different & for some people it can legit effect their sense of "Ending", but I personally can't see how. You just respect the ending as the ending & think of the Free-roam as a separate entity.

Hey OP, perhaps you should turn this into a poll with several options since many people, including the devs, are still divided on this issue.

Yeah OP, do a poll! Polls are fun! :yes

I KNOW I will empty every corner of the game world of side quests and other stuff before completing the game. I will speak to anyone I can. Help anyone I can. Fight anyone I can(if I can't talk my way out of it). Choose everything I can possibly choose from and just take up on everything the game has to offer! ;)

Last edited:
First time I will play it "naturally". I will just progress through the game picking up sidequests as I go and exploring areas as I discover them. I will not look at the map and say, oh, I missed that little spot over there, gotta ride back there, I will try to roleplay Geralt and do things that make sense to the current plot, his state of mind.
On my 2nd playthrough I will possibly explore every nook and cranny.

I can see why they have trouble deciding.

On one hand, it's nice to roam free after the main quests, so you can keep the story flowing and still explore, and be a witcher afterwards. But the impact of the story may suffer for it.

On the other hand, if the ending is final, people will start roaming before it, and that can get awkward. Hunderds or thousands of lives may be at steak, or maybe the fate of the world is about to be decided. Or maybe his friends lives hang in the balance. And Geralt proceeds to take a few weeks to explore the world, while everything and everyone waits for him to show up again.
This would make it seem that the world revolves around Geralt, not that Geralt is part of the world. That sort of thing needs to be avoided.

I can see why they have trouble deciding.

On the other hand, if the ending is final, people will start roaming before it, and that can get awkward. Hunderds or thousands of lives may be at steak, or maybe the fate of the world is about to be decided. Or maybe his friends lives hang in the balance. And Geralt proceeds to take a few weeks to explore the world, while everything and everyone waits for him to show up again.
This would make it seem that the world revolves around Geralt, not that Geralt is part of the world. That sort of thing needs to be avoided.

Actually, it is not a problem of an ending, it is a problem of an open world itself. If the lives are at stake at any point, having an ability to free roam is plot-breaking. I hope the game will lock us in certain areas without possibility of leaving during such periods, otherwise whatever epic story TW3 may have, its impact will be lost.

If the devs decide to let us play after the ending, they better make sure the world, and people in it react to all events that happened in the finale. Otherwise it will be Skyrim all over again. But personally I would want them to treat TW3 not as an open-world game, but as a story-driven game, and when the end is exactly what it is - the end, credits roll, and for those of us who became obsessed - instant new game.

First time I will play it "naturally". I will just progress through the game picking up sidequests as I go and exploring areas as I discover them. I will not look at the map and say, oh, I missed that little spot over there, gotta ride back there, I will try to roleplay Geralt and do things that make sense to the current plot, his state of mind.

That's how I do it too.

Sken

Forum veteran
Same here, best way to play it.

I personally hope the game ends at the end of the story. It gives more weight to the quests and encourages additional playthroughs. Like real life, you cannot go back and re-visit/replay missed opportunities.

I also hope the game doesn't allow free roaming or whatever after the main story ends. In the games that allow that, I can't ever get myself to actually continue playing any of the side content after finishing the main story.

I also think the narrative will be better for it. And if I miss a quest, I will pick it up on another play through.

I think that whan the End come so the End come.... Its ruin all the story if you can explore... beacuse its feel like Garelt is stick to the area or somthing

I was a bit dissepointed tbh. Since, there was so much hype about how my choices in the game would effect the story. The end of the games wasnt so much effected, because of how it ended.. in the end I could not save the mages, prevent the collaps of the north or the invasion.. I ekspected more conseqvenses of my choises..

I was a bit dissepointed tbh. Since, there was so much hype about how my choices in the game would effect the story. The end of the games wasnt so much effected, because of how it ended.. in the end I could not save the mages, prevent the collaps of the north or the invasion.. I ekspected more conseqvenses of my choises..

I suggest you replay the game a second time, siding with different people, making other choices. Only then will you actually realise how much you can change.

I belive i misunderstod the topic hehe..

Looks like it, I can see why the title might have misled you, though :p

Last edited:
Before the credits roll there should be a "There are still monsters to be slain." and "My work here is done." option, if you're satisfied with everything you've done then the story ends and there's no returning, while telling the player how they affected the world the same way at the end of TW2. BUT, if you believe that there is still work to be done then you're free to roam while also having the option to end your game. This way the player can virtually play indefinitely if they so choose and will be able to see the after-game impact they had on the world (If any).

Top Bottom