Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember watching there financial report and it was wrote that the 800 series is planned to Q4 2014 but because of somes problem at there manufacturor, they delayed it to 2015. An article said that they will maybe one high end model (like 780-780ti) that will be set at Q4 2014 but that's not sure.

Here the link about the article: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/21159/20140505/gtx-800-series-news.htm

Eww, I really hope that we have a high end Maxwell before TW3 releases, if not that means that building a new pc for the game is fairly unattractive with new tech on the horizon.

I remember watching there financial report and it was wrote that the 800 series is planned to Q4 2014 but because of somes problem at there manufacturor, they delayed it to 2015. An article said that they will maybe one high end model (like 780-780ti) that will be set at Q4 2014 but that's not sure.

Here the link about the article: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/21159/20140505/gtx-800-series-news.htm

It's mostly, but I don't think entirely, accurate.

TSMC doesn't have any problem producing 20nm chips. They're doing just fine with Apple's A8 (for the iPhone 6). "TSMC began volume production of its 20nm process node at the beginning of 2014, focusing on Apple's A8 processors. The yield rate of the 20nm process has been ramped up significantly since then, reaching a level ahead of schedule." [DigiTimes, Taiwan]

The real problem is, nVidia isn't Apple. TSMC is overbooked and has to serve their best customers first. In this market, Apple gets their A8's, and nVidia gets to suck hind teat.

It's mostly, but I don't think entirely, accurate.

TSMC doesn't have any problem producing 20nm chips. They're doing just fine with Apple's A8 (for the iPhone 6). "TSMC began volume production of its 20nm process node at the beginning of 2014, focusing on Apple's A8 processors. The yield rate of the 20nm process has been ramped up significantly since then, reaching a level ahead of schedule." [DigiTimes, Taiwan]

The real problem is, nVidia isn't Apple. TSMC is overbooked and has to serve their best customers first. In this market, Apple gets their A8's, and nVidia gets to suck hind teat.

It is kind of funny when you think about it. Most gamers complain that tech like video cards becomes old so darn fast and yet the pace will be nearly halted for the rest of the year now (it had already slown down a lot). The timing of it is bad though, with it being the start of a new generation of consoles.

I expect Nvidia to start dealing with Intel fabs very soon!!! Since Intel has opened their fabs up. I am sure Nvidia is tired of TMSC crap!!!

Can My Pc Run The Witcher III?

Hello everyone. First of all thank you for taking the time to read my thread. This will be a quick one, and hoping that my PC can handle this game at max settings. My specs are as follows.

I7-4770K overclocked to 5.2GHZ
8 gig DDR3 RAM
Radeon R9 295X2
Windows 8.1 64 bit operating system

Thank you. Kind regards.

Daniel.

P.S. This is a safe link to a picture of my GPU-Z. Thank you! http://imgur.com/hxMXIk9

Hello everyone. First of all thank you for taking the time to read my thread. This will be a quick one, and hoping that my PC can handle this game at max settings. My specs are as follows.

I7-4770K overclocked to 5.2GHZ
8 gig DDR3 RAM
Radeon R9 295X2
Windows 8.1 64 bit operating system

Thank you. Kind regards.

Daniel.

P.S. This is a safe link to a picture of my GPU-Z. Thank you! http://imgur.com/hxMXIk9

You already listed the specs, so no need for the screenshot (*tips fedora*) :D

Come on man, you have one of the most powerful CPU's out there, overclocked almost to it's limits, the most powerful GPU and you're asking if it would run on max settings. Come on buddy.

On 99% it will run amazingly. But with all that money spent on CPU and GPU, you should invest a tiny bit more for at least another 8 GB of RAM.

You already listed the specs, so no need for the screenshot (*tips fedora*) :D

Come on man, you have one of the most powerful CPU's out there, overclocked almost to it's limits, the most powerful GPU and you're asking if it would run on max settings. Come on buddy.

On 99% it will run amazingly. But with all that money spent on CPU and GPU, you should invest a tiny bit more for at least another 8 GB of RAM.

Thank you so much for your reply. I was wondering I may get another 8 gig ram, but it isn't really needed. I may just do it since ram is dirt cheap. Thank you!

I have no idea (well, I do) why they're trying to exaggerate Watch Dogs' requirements so much. I'm almost certain it will run just fine on an i5 with 4 GB RAM, probably on med-high settings, depending on the GPU. Unless it is badly optimised.

As for TW3, we'll have to wait, but I imagine the actual requirements are going to end up being a lot more relaxed than some people might expect them to be. My personal prediction is that if your machine could handle TW2 on ultra (no ubersampling), it should be able to run TW3 on med/high at 40-60 FPS and whichever resolution you were using for TW2.

I have no idea (well, I do) why they're trying to exaggerate Watch Dogs' requirements so much. I'm almost certain it will run just fine on an i5 with 4 GB RAM, probably on med-high settings, depending on the GPU. Unless it is badly optimised.

As for TW3, we'll have to wait, but I imagine the actual requirements are going to end up being a lot more relaxed than some people might expect them to be. My personal prediction is that if your machine could handle TW2 on ultra (no ubersampling), it should be able to run TW3 on med/high at 40-60 FPS and whichever resolution you were using for TW2.

Who knows but needing 6GB of ram just to get the bloody thing running is a bit insane. Then again it is an Ubisoft game so actual performance is a suprise in the making.

I assume so too, the real question is what one needs to max TW3. That will probably require a bit of an investment like an 780ti or the like. I am also curious if the game is more GPU or CPU intensive.

Jonathan Morin , creative director of watch dogs, has recently twitted that 90% of the dev team play the game at ultra with a GTX 670 and a CPU that match the GPU. So we knoe that the GTX 780 for ultra settings is maybe more for the 4K and not the 1080p. (Im searching his tweet and will edit this post)

View attachment 3365

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
@501105 You'd probably need top hardware to max out TW3. Personally, I have an i7 and I have yet to see a game utilize it to its full potenial. Even while running TW2 or Crysis 3, the CPU was not even breaking a sweat, while the GPU was going all out (AMD, probably need to upgrade it, most likely will not). I'd expect something similar for the third game, Still only guessing though, obviously.

6 GB RAM required to run Watch Dogs is way overblown in my opinion though (i.e. I doubt that's actually the case). 4 GB should be enough. It was the recommended amount of RAM for games in general until recently, I don't expect a sudden jump to 6 being the minimum. Hell, a friend of mine managed to run TW2 on Windows XP using only 1 GB RAM.

@metaldog601 they are very vague on that CPU though, upon looking I found this:
“As a ref: cpu above 9 000 -10 000 should run decently in Ultra with a 670 GPU“
My 4670k for example gets near 8000 so that makes the CPU needed for max settings kind of insane (Intel Passmark score btw).

@ReptilePZ Yeah I assume so too, which makes me want to build a new pc in february but as posted there might not be much to upgrade to at that point.
I do believe that we will see more games that require a strong CPU though, especially since the development of them has been slow in past years.
It may be guesswork but the devs did so to save for an upgrade to max the game, which sounds fair.

The ram requirements makes me think of COD: Ghost. That game also needed a lot of it requirements wise and did not actually use all that much (while looking not that good either imo).

Last edited:
I just hope I'll be able to at least have the game look like TW2 and run it with about the same performance. I like it best when those really taxing options are just optional to make the game look even greater. Like max settings in crysis or ubersampling in tw2. It's going to kill me if I have to go down to having the game look worse than TW2 just to run it well or something.

You should get a second one and enjoy the power of SLI!!!!! I have 2 660ti and some times I pop a third one in from my wife's rig to go tri-sli!!!! awesome I tell you!!!

I am curious actually, how are your experiences with SLI so far? Any problems in certain games or stuttering?

I was a bit dubious when I heard the rumours that an 780ti couldn't handle it at 60fps...

I hope my 3770k, 16GB RAM and overclocked 780ti can run it perfectly fine as I spent a good amount of money on them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom