The Witcher 3: Two Areas Are Over 52 Square Miles by Themselves?

+
Or the last one...

If Ciri are searching for help she will go to the people she knows that love her and will be fight for her - witchers. So she can go to the theirs home - Kaer Mohren....

Last edited:
Honestly 20% more than Skyrim is way too AMBITIOUS!. I would honestly be disappointed with a BIG EMPTY world. I honestly hope that's not the case. CDPR, i don't mind a smaller world but if you have 75% of Skyrim content i'd be more than satisfied.

That is all i asked. Don't false advertise and HYPE like Ubisoft. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. But I have faith in you CDPR and i'm really excited that you can deliver.

To be honest, I don't want any Skyrim content -- this is the Witcher ;).

No, seriously, no Skyrim-esque quests. But they've reassured us there is plenty to do 'every few steps'. I have confidence, based historically, and what we've already seen, that it will be a thriving environment.

I think most of us are tired of this discussion anyway. ;)

But to be honest I also want a big fucking game (BFG) like the TW3 is sopposed to be.

I'm still not sure what to think about this
I hope they are not overestimating their skills I'm not even sure that a world bigger than Skyrim is even needed for The Witcher Sereis

I think most of us are tired of this discussion anyway. ;)

But to be honest I also want a big fucking game (BFG) like the TW3 is sopposed to be.

For now, but we might get some more accurate info on where and how big will this game be. I already submitted my questions to youtubers that are going to be doing QA with CDPR and I have faith they will ask the question, my question got a lot of likes so you can say its a popular question right now.

Had to dig this thread back up because apparently Gors Velen is in since Geralt mentioned tracking a creature that resided there 5:15

Another interesting fact was something that gamespot said that was told to him during the behind closed doors presentation I quote "We Quick traveled, he showed this mountain, and he's like, you know that city we left a while ago? Its 14 times further away than that big mountain far off in the distance"

Now people could argue that he could have quick traveled anywhere possibly quick travel only locations i.e. Skellige Islands, Kaer Morhen, etc. But being that the demo was confirmed to be in Gors Velen where Geralt talks to the little creature Jhonny, I think its safe to say that they were in NML when they made the comment about being 14 times further away than that mountain. Its also have been confirmed that the regions are interconnected, so most likely that distance can be explored.

Tell me your thoughts guys, Im curious as to how CDPR is going to handle the famous "Go anywhere where your eyes can see" pitch and avoid invisible walls.

Honestly 20% more than Skyrim is way too AMBITIOUS!. I would honestly be disappointed with a BIG EMPTY world. I honestly hope that's not the case. CDPR, i don't mind a smaller world but if you have 75% of Skyrim content i'd be more than satisfied.

That is all i asked. Don't false advertise and HYPE like Ubisoft. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. But I have faith in you CDPR and i'm really excited that you can deliver.

Don't forget that the world in Skyrim was too dense. There was too much going on everywhere, so this hurted immersion a bit. It would be better to have a little more room. And areas with little life (creepy!) contrasted with highly populated areas (around the cities).

The bigger the world, the better IMO.

It would be interesting to hear from CDPR again in regards to world size. We've had "20% than Skyrim", but with the E3 presentation and general tidbits of information floating around, I'd have a guess and say that this is no longer the case.

It's understandable that people would rather than quality rather than quantity, and I'm in the same boat, but I think world size has an important effect on immersion. I'd be happy with smaller than Skyrim. I'd be happy with the same size or 20% bigger. I would, however, be ecstatic if it turns out to be much bigger.

I mean, Novigrad appears to be the same of four of Skyrim's cities. xD

Novigrad looks bigger than all of them combined. Although that's not too hard, considering each one consists of 10-15 houses. :)

Anyway, I think if there's one thing nobody has to worry about it's the size of the map. As of now I'm not concerned with quantity anymore at all, since everything seems huge. And the question of quality won't be answered before we get some decent reviews I guess.

I heard Mamais say in an interview on youtube today that the world is around 64km².

He referred to Novigrad region as being '8 x 8 km'. This may be the typical Mamais style and not focusing on the detail, as the region according to the GDC slides was 8.5 x 8.5km. Skellige is 8 x 8 km. I haven't heard anything about NML. So it's well over that figure.

The game has been touted as "Whatever you can see, you can get to", but that cannot be. Sooner or later you'll have to either come up against some kind of barrier to prevent you from indefinitely traversing in 1 direction, be you on land/sea.

Land is par for the course. Environments, subterranean lairs and craggy peaks. But water? How unfathomably cool it would be if you had some type of device (sextant maybe) that Geralt could use and then as he finds clues and treasure maps, can navigate to those places by ship and explore the briny deep.

It will also be cool if there are multiple types of ships, from small skooners to larger frigates; and I would think they would be very hard to come by. Using skiffs in deep water should be a very harrowing experience, especially if weather makes the seas become fowl.

Either way, I want there to be a level of immersion that makes me feel connected to the world around me. Exploration can be treacherous. Some places can be very unforgiving, and that is the inherent danger of an adventure.

Jupiter_on_Mars

Konrad said in a n audio interview the world is now 40 times bigger tran TW2's

The game has been touted as "Whatever you can see, you can get to", but that cannot be. Sooner or later you'll have to either come up against some kind of barrier to prevent you from indefinitely traversing in 1 direction, be you on land/sea..

Of course. That's a given. Developers often use this hyperbole to emphasise world size. I'm sure most of what we can see will be traversable, but I'm interested to know how the boundaries are implemented. Skellige would be the easiest.

It's also supposed to be 3-4 times bigger than Skyrim, when they initially said it's 20% bigger, so I'd really take all those numbers with a grain of salt, as they seem to contradict each other.

It's also supposed to be 3-4 times bigger than Skyrim, when they initially said it's 20% bigger, so I'd really take all those numbers with a grain of salt, as they seem to contradict each other.

I can only imagine how massive that is if true.

Well, that figure is taken from the GDC slides of both Novi and Skellige. It'll be around 5 - 6 times the size if NML is of similar size.

I'd argue the GDC slides are the most accurate. They seem to be sticking with those figures now. What we do know is it's massive -- far larger than 20%, at least.

Here's a fun stat. Assuming that:

(*) The game is 8km x 8km (5mi x 5mi)
(*) Geralt can traverse 100% of that area
(*) Geralt has an immediate visual range of 7.6m (25ft) in any direction (15.2m/50ft diameter)
(*) The average running speed is 37kph / 23mph, and the player maintains this constantly

It would take the player a little less than 115 HOURS of real-time to traverse the map in a manner where he will have fully visually covered the entire land/sea mass.

Top Bottom