Dismemberment in TW3

+
@Riordan1

No, I didn't describe him as silent assassin, as I said, there were decpaitations but that was minority, not majority, Gore yes, much of it please, guts ? Why not there were some cases of that, cleaving in half, effortlesslyremoving heads of EVERY enemy ? NOOOOO. If you can't uderstand it, I guess I'm wasting time here, I just hope some of the devs will take notice.

I know what you mean, dont get me wrong. And I never said that he beheaded or dismembered every enemy he met. All I wanted to say is what Sagitarii and C0bR said, that Geralt was a nasty fighter. Witcher 1 had gore and dismemberment, and it was very well implented, but Witcher 2 was a step back, so Im glad they brought it back in W3.

@Riordan1

I'm also glad they brought some gore to the mixture, but enough is enough, for 6 enemies he killed, 5 were decapitated (1 got killed by aard so it shouldn't even count), it's over the top, forced, and I don't appreciate it done this way.

It seems that after each new gameplay video only people that never played the previous games start to post:

- why are choices highlighted -
- why does Geralt redirect arrows -
- why is there gore and dismemberment -
- where is Geralts farm -
- this looks exactly like TW2 with a little upgrade -

etc etc

Despite your obvious issues with reading and understanding (where did I say gore is bad?), I resent the implication, I probably already read the books and played the first game before you even heard the word "witcher" so please, just because I have low post count, it doesn't mean I'm some random dude that didn't play previous games, and as a matter of fact I own TW1 and TW2 Collectors Edition.

Last edited:
It seems that after each new gameplay video only people that never played the previous games start to post:

- why are choices highlighted -
- why does Geralt redirect arrows -
- why is there gore and dismemberment -
- where is Geralts farm -
- this looks exactly like TW2 with a little upgrade -

etc etc

Lot's of assumptions directed towards the OP's perception of the world. Quite unfair I might add, since he knows about Blaviken. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, no need to bash him about it.

There is a little bit too much gore they should tone it down. I like seeing the occasional decapitation here and there though.

There should be potions like Rook that increase Geralt's strength as well as the rate of decapitations so you really feel like a fucking badass and see the difference of preperation.

I would have less decapitations without potions, and taking rook while make you decipatite like the current state of the combat

There is a little bit too much gore they should tone it down. I like seeing the occasional decapitation here and there though.

There should be potions like Rook that increase Geralt's strength as well as the rate of decapitations so you really feel like a fucking badass and see the difference of preperation.

I think good sir that it would be the perfect compromise.

I'm also glad they brought some gore to the mixture, but enough is enough, for 6 enemies he killed, 5 were decapitated (1 got killed by aard so it shouldn't even count), it's over the top, forced, and I don't appreciate it done this way.

With monsters I dont see it as a problem, with humans... yeah. If it happens everytime you kill someone then it needs to be toned down, but I dont think it will be like that.

Tell you what OP let me have a sword and I will "test" out how it works in the real world on you(sarcasm alert).....When you use a sword things get nasty. It isn't surgery. Then again even surgery gets "messy" I personally do not see a problem. I think it adds to the realism.. Geralt is faster and stronger than regular humans. Also with a better sword(magical, better metal etc) So it is believable that when he hits you with a direct shot body parts get removed!!!!

Now there's nothing realistic or believable in the combat in the TW...or in any combat system actually.
For instance can we cut the griffin's wings so to ground it? I doubt it but that would be believable and realistic.
Can we cut enemies' arms to force them to flee? I doubt it.
Can Geralt be killed by a signal strike? Nope! He can be hit sever times and yet he still will fight as if nothing had happened, which is not realistic and believable.

Last edited:
I dont care about what he knows about the books. Just as I dont care about his post count or join date compared to mine.
It says nothing. But his posts speaks volumes.
We are talking about his perception that suddenly dismemberment is sthg new and shocking in the Witcher games while it has been around since day1.
That is an indication for me that he has not "really" played the game

I dont care about what he knows about the books. Just as I dont care about his post count or join date compared to mine.
It says nothing. But his posts speaks volumes.
We are talking about his perception that suddenly dismemberment is sthg new and shocking in the Witcher games while it has been around since day1.
That is an indication for me that he has not "really" played the game

To be fair, he said that dismemberment, in his opinion, should be rare. That is all he said, I don't get why you guys have to quarrel about it.

Edit: Love is in the air, TW3 only 8 months away. Well plus some change.

Jupiter_on_Mars

I know what you mean, dont get me wrong. And I never said that he beheaded or dismembered every enemy he met. All I wanted to say is what Sagitarii and C0bR said, that Geralt was a nasty fighter. Witcher 1 had gore and dismemberment, and it was very well implented, but Witcher 2 was a step back, so Im glad they brought it back in W3.

It's extrapolation from a short gameplay snippet, but I think yours is a balanced point of view.

If every single kill, even if just most kills, involve dismemberment, than it will soon have lost any impact. Make dismemberment the exception, not the rule. Perhaps have it happen only to particularly tough unarmoured enemies.

It won't happen, but maybe those different body parts could be put to use, for having different alchemical properties from each other.

I think it's perfect.
There seems to be frequent 'lesser dismemberment' (heads off, arms off, etc) during regular fighting and 'heavy dismemberment' (diagonal torso slicing) when the enemy is stunned by Aard or otherwise impaired.

I don't think dismemberment is out of place in the Witcher at all.

I liked it, I've always liked a bit of gore in games, I can see how chopping a guy diagonally in half is a bit of a stretch, but I can look past it.

Not a huge deal for me, but I do hope it's kept to a minimum. I can understand it happening more often with a certain type of monsters. For instance, maybe drowners have rusty bones that makes them easier to cleave.

I would not be that thrilled if Geralt can just cut humans in half all the time (cutting off hands or arms is another matter).

Top Bottom