The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
I'd like it to be vary depending on where he is and, if outdoors, on the time of day. There's a place for gloomy, and a place for glorious sunsets. And no overall filter, there's far too many games and movies with green filters already, it's losing its meaning.

Something I've been pondering for a while, but I hope CDPR implements imports in more then just "character X is here and he has this dialogue". Choices made previously should impact Geralt's personality, his way of thinking.

Something like identity 2.0 should be in there, where characters like Dandelion, Triss, Yennefer, Ciri etc question Geralt for his reasoning behind his choices, both choices in TW1/TW2 and choices in TW3.

Without identity the entire amnesia of TW1 is a piece of junk, with it it's something more.

Geralt has a slight limp in one of his legs since it was crushed by a monster. It was noticeable in Witcher 2, but it is not in the Witcher 3.
It would be a nice touch, if he has slight limp in Witcher 3 as well.

^
This. I don't get why you wouldn't want the game to have actual colors. I mean, not like the initial teasers were badly washed out compared to a lot of other games, but it's just been overdone so much the entire past generation.

I didn't say I didn't want colours, I just don't want to go down the whole 'everything is vibrant' road (if it is -- I'm not saying it is). Nor did I say I want it to be entirely washed-out with filters galore (I don't want a green filter). But the difference from the earlier gameplay/screenshots to the recent demos is what I don't like too much. But this could be due to the shadowing being toned down for the demos (optimisation needs), as well as other factors (video quality). I may also be able to adjust it on my end somewhat.

EDIT: yeah I noticed the lack of customers in the market, too. I guess it may change depending on time of day (although it was noon in the demo). I hope they didn't need to tone down.

Last edited:
Well there's multiple points to consider here IMO.

1. It is a work in progress.
2. The old Novigrad screenshot while has impressive LOD isn't exactly the best example of visually stunning
3. TW2 was colourful and vibrant and that didn't detract from the experience, TW3's art style seems to be going back towards the 'cold' style of TW1 and that's good.
4. The 'colour grading' has more than just one function, one is obviously the atmosphere and two is artistic 'hiding' of visual artifacts, you want the view to look visually appealing not rough. For example a foggy atmosphere will hide a lot of aliasing or z-fighting.
5. Last but not the least, the game will not catered to every individual's personal preferences.

Jupiter_on_Mars

I didn't say I didn't want colours, I just don't want to go down the whole 'everything is vibrant' road (if it is -- I'm not saying it is). Nor did I say I want it to be entirely washed-out with filters galore (I don't want a green filter). But the difference from the earlier gameplay/screenshots to the recent demos is what I don't like too much. But this could be due to the shadowing being toned down for the demos (optimisation needs), as well as other factors (video quality). I may also be able to adjust it on my end somewhat.

Exactly.
The green filter can go take a hike. A tad less colourful, not colourless, facades would suffice. Then again, I'd have to see it for myself, how they fit in the overall composition. Perhaps it's just that district which is this colourful, while the rest is not.
I'm sure this has been mentioned before. But for the love of Santa, ditch those cocaine trails bolts leave behind. And the trajectory seems way off to me, as no projectile would arc that much in such short distance. Please, do fix these.

1. It is a work in progress.
2. The old Novigrad screenshot while has impressive LOD isn't exactly the best example of visually stunning
3. TW2 was colourful and vibrant and that didn't detract from the experience, TW3's art style seems to be going back towards the 'cold' style of TW1 and that's good.
4. The 'colour grading' has more than just one function, one is obviously the atmosphere and two is artistic 'hiding' of visual artifacts, you want the view to look visually appealing not rough. For example a foggy atmosphere will hide a lot of aliasing or z-fighting.
5. Last but not the least, the game will not catered to every individual's personal preferences.

1. - Indeed, already considered.
2. - Maybe. But again, that's quite subjective.
3. - I'm sure I'd have a fine experience with the current scheme.
4. - I'm sure that is the case. But what we saw didn't seem bad.
5. - This is obvious. I'm not stating everyone should like what I like, but as everyone else has a right to, I have a right to post my preferences. If others agree then great, if they don't then great. I'm not even entirely certain until I have the game running in front of me.

I agree that a 'cold' tone would be more fitting.

The statements weren't directed at you just at the subject matter at hand.

And I don't see what's "subjective" about the quality of the assets in that screenshot, they're clearly unfinished and look extremely rough. Unless you were referring to something else.

Exactly.
The green filter can go take a hike. A tad less colourful, not colourless, facades would suffice. Then again, I'd have to see it for myself, how they fit in the overall composition. Perhaps it's just that district which is this colourful, while the rest is not.
I'm sure this has been mentioned before. But for the love of Santa, ditch those cocaine trails bolts leave behind. And the trajectory seems way off to me, as no projectile would arc that much in such short distance. Please, do fix these.

Yes for Santa's love... please no more white heat-seeking cocaine crossbow lines!!
Faint, Invisible, motion~blur lines will work just fine. ;)

Last edited:

Jupiter_on_Mars

Yes for Santa's love... please no more white heat-seeking cocaine crossbow lines!!
Faint, Invisible, motion~blur lines will work just fine. ;)

And while we're at it, the crossbow is tiny! It looks like a toy and would have the power of a slingshot.
So
1) Ditch the white trails.
2) Make bolt trajectory realistic.
3) Nerf the crossbow. Only one bolt, please.
4) Adjust its size. It's a lethal weapon, not a kids toy.

And while we're at it, the crossbow is tiny! It looks like a toy and would have the power of a slingshot.
So
1) Ditch the white trails.
2) Make bolt trajectory realistic.
3) Nerf the crossbow. Only one bolt, please.
4) Adjust its size. It's a lethal weapon, not a kids toy.
Yeah, all that sounds doable to me. The size part, I'm kinda iffy about just because it's on Geralt's back.
I can forgive the triple bolt upgrade, but would be prefer what you said. But then again my greatest dislike was just the silly white line trails. i.e Up close on the bandit in the twitch demo was by far the most stupid thing I saw. I know I might sound like a jerk, well I am. I admit it, but that shit just needs to go. I'm being honest. LOL...

Last edited:
I think the crossbow should be smaller and retractable, and it should be strapped to Geralt's thigh instead of his back. The crossbow just an eyesore next to the two swords on his back.

My guess, or hope, is that it works like equipping anything else. That if the item is not currently equipped, then it's not visible. So you can just select it whenever you're in a situation that requires it.

@frynse
In an interview I read that flying monsters like the griffin can be taken down by using a variation of Quen during dive-impact.
So, if you consider that in the E3 Griffin Hunt demo, at the beginning of the video, Geralt carries only the two swords secured on his back and only after equipping the crossbow in the menu it appears next to the blades, we have a guarantee that we won't see that weapon if we decide so.

Top Bottom