(Poll) What's your contructive opinion on Ciri's design?

+

(Poll) What's your contructive opinion on Ciri's design?

• It's perfect! (Leave it as it is)

Votes: 168 32.7%
  • It's great! ( some minor tweaks could be made)

Votes: 226 44.1%
  • It's Okay. ( Would like some adjustment)

Votes: 91 17.7%
  • It's bad. (Needs some major changes)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • It's terrible! (needs to be completely redesigned)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters
Would it really hurt to change her hair color to fair-blonde like it was in the books? You have literally no people who'd be mad at the change, and an entire army of pissed off nerds (myself included) who would be massively pleased.

Silver hair like that just isn't natural, guys.

Her hair looks just like Geralt's hair color in these shots, I thought Geralt was the white wolf.
I would love, love, love, to see her more blonde;)

I think the scar should be more noticable and her hair should be more ashen blond instead of this silver color.Apart from that i think she looks great :D

Just one question: on the description it's written that the cat medallion is strapped on her belt, but I can't find it on those screens... did anyone see it?

I was wondering the same thing, actually, I was really looking for it, but couldn't see it on any of the shots.

Was it visible doing the ingame screens from Gamescom?

Scars do fade over time. It's not going to look like it was when Vysogota finished taking out the stitches. And he did good work, apposing the edges well, and they would have been closed already, not open the way some of the gashes shown here are.

Cirilla's scar is not vanishing. And In the book it says precisely that it is ugly and not the same as a little scratch shown on the screenshots. Considering that Ciri is a sorceress, means that even a magic has no power to remove her big and ugly scar. For example, Triss couldn't ether get rid of her scar on her chest.

All scars fade and shrink to some extent over time.
Exactly: Ciri's scar was so disturbing at the time it had just healed over, not several years later. She was well cared for, and she is young and heals quickly. And scars do fade.

An artist's rendering that makes it something less than a massive disfiguring gash is not unreasonable.

Cirilla's scar is not vanishing. And In the book it says precisely that it is ugly and not the same as a little scratch shown on the screenshots. Considering that Ciri is a sorceress, means that even a magic has no power to remove her big and ugly scar. For example, Triss couldn't ether get rid of her scar on her chest.
How do you know magic couldn't remove it or make it smaller? Ciri doesn't know any healing spells, so she can't but maybe a sorceress spezialized in healing can or she learned new spells in all this years. When magic can heal someones burned /blinded eyes, I think a scar shouldn't be such a big problem. We also have to consider, that about 6 years passed since the ending of the books and the most likely spent this time traveling to different worlds during different times while fleeing from the wild hunt. It should be very likely to find a way to heal her scar in some of this worlds

The last thing we know is, that she on on her way to Camelot in the Arthus world t meet Merlin. Maybe he has the magical abilities to heal her scar or make it look better? We don't know, it's the developers freedom to tell us what hapened with her in the time during the end of the books and her appearance in Witcher 3.
.I think there can be so many explanations considering her special time and world travel abilities, that even if she wouldn't have a scar at all it would be logical and fit the lore/story

Last edited:
In "Something ends, something begins" she gets another severe cut to the face, and Yennefer heals it immediately so that it doesn´t leave a mark. So apparently magical healing works at best when the wound is fresh.

In "Something ends, something begins" she gets another severe cut to the face, and Yennefer heals it immediately so that it doesn´t leave a mark. So apparently magical healing works at best when the wound is fresh.

It's non-canon , so I wouldn't rely on that too much. When she went before the Lodge in Lady Of The Lake, they told her they would remove the scar. Of course, they never got the opportunity, so...

Vilgefortz´s student went around with an illusion, so there are limits. But I don´t get why people are so annoyed, it´s a rather visible scar, just not fresh. If you met someone with that one, you´d likely stare for a moment.

Ciri is truly beautiful, but her scar is too small and somewhat doll-like. I am wondering why you made it look unlike it appears in a book. Are you concerned this may affect sales?
It would be better that way .

Andrzej Sapkowski. The Tower of Swallows, chapter 1
Three days later, Vysogota took out the last of the stitches. He had every reason to be please and proud of his work – the stitching was straight and clean, there was no fear of dirt being tucked in the wound. The surgeon’s satisfaction was only marred by watching Ciri star at the scar in gloomy silence, trying different angles with a mirror and trying to hide it, without success, by throwing her hair over her cheek. The scar had disfigured here. A fact is a fact. There was nothing she could do. Nothing could help her pretend that it was not there. Still red and swollen like a rope, dotted with the traces of the sting of the needle and marked with the signs of the thread, the scar looked truly macabre. It was possible that the condition might show a slow or rapid improvement. However, Vysogota knew there was no possibility that the scar would disappear or cease to disfigure her.

View attachment 5341

Thank you! this is more like it, I guess I will have to be happy with this shoop :(

Last edited:
Vilgefortz´s student went around with an illusion, so there are limits. But I don´t get why people are so annoyed, it´s a rather visible scar, just not fresh. If you met someone with that one, you´d likely stare for a moment.

I think part of it is that when you read a description, it tends to get cemented. And the only detailed description of the scar we got is from when it was newly healed and still puffy and red. The passage of time doesn't get factored into that mental image, so it's always visualized that way.

ETA: If you can hack it, I suggest people google "facial scar" and see what years old scars actually look like. Also, keep in mind that it wasn't a case of her entire face being ripped all the way open. The deepest part of the cut was just below her eye. The bulk of the wound was relatively superficial.

Last edited:
Yeah but Lydia van Bredevoort's face was disfigured by a magic artifact (Vilgefortz's fault) and due to the magic nature of those wounds they couldn't do much. At least that's how I remember it, not 100% sure.

But yeah, I agree with you, I think Ciri's scar as it appears on the model they made looks fine.

I would prefer the scar to be slightly more gnarly, but it's pretty much at the exact minimum that I find acceptable, so I'm cool with how it looks.

Those high heels have got to go though! Extremely silly, nonsensical and honestly, disrespectful to the character.

I would prefer the scar to be slightly more gnarly, but it's pretty much at the exact minimum that I find acceptable, so I'm cool with how it looks.

Those high heels have got to go though! Extremely silly, nonsensical and honestly, disrespectful to the character.

What heels? What? Oh God don't tell me that Ciri is wearing heels?

How did I miss them, it's usually the first thing I pay attention with female characters that are supposedly involved in combat, it's a good showcase of how serious the Dev's take the character.

I watched Sword of Destiny again, and Ciri runs kind of clumsy, I hope it's her being tired. If something pissed me off in W2 it's the "girly walking" that a lot of female models had during gameplay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom