Screenshot & Artwork collection - Part II

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sken

Forum veteran
Not the best batch, but no doubt final build will look amazing.

I feel like the screenshots were put out as a last minute decision just to have something new out there, maybe it didn't go through the normal marketing approval process.

The next gameplay reveal will be the indication of release game visuals.

The first two look much less "odd" when viewed with a right-handed Geralt... Not at all sure why it should make that much difference, but the flipped images look nicer than the originally released ones IMO.

The third image looks odd when flipped, and the fourth is awesome as it is.

I'm looking at these images and expecting to be able to get this level after my next hardware update (whenever *that* will be)... I'll be happy if it even runs on my current hardware. Oh the joys of a "fixed" low income of uncertain security.

These screens are not the quality we can expect on release. allot of things look like they are turned off in comparison to older screenshots and footage.

this one in particular reminds me of the visual quality of some very old games. but mainly because of one thing in particular. the lower half of geralts armor that has a kind of skirt section is bound to his legs rather than simulated. you can tell because of how the textures on it appear stretched or warped as it is forced to take a shape other than the one it was modeled in. its kind of a shame because we know that they can simulate cloth on characters, and we can seen it in footage of the game. simulated cloth is on some of the wild hunt horses in the SOD trailer, or on the woman who Geralt helps in the E3 gameplay footage. It is all very inconsistent but we know they can do it. its the same with the fur tech CDPR is going to be using, it is there in places but not in others. like on the griffins mane in game play footage. the mane was static while Geralt was fighting the griffin, but simulated when it was hanging lifeless from his horse.

In any case we haven't seen the game in any way with all its bells and whistles.

also I don't know if any one else has mentioned this but its nice to see the bear armor that appeared in concept art in the game.

View attachment 6354

Attachments

• the_witcher_3_wild_huntbear_armour_thumb.jpg
    the_witcher_3_wild_huntbear_armour_thumb.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 31
  • Wolf-Reverse.jpg
    Wolf-Reverse.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 36
Where are the original links? I assume they're in a larger format. I ask because I'm not seeing a graphical downgrade here. The resolutions and amount of detail seem on par with previous screens, and I notice there's added effects like mist/fog and depth of field. You can even see that the farther part of the Griffin's wings look less distinct in the atmosphere. There was nothing like that in TW2. And the screen with the soldier has crazy detail. There better be cloth physyx in the game with Geralt's skirt armor. The glued on effect would look terrible.

Last edited:
I've seen a few people now come to the conclusion that the Armor in that shot is the Bear Armor, and really I don't see how...

Completely different colour.
Bottom half is 2 different colours/materials.
Completely different belt positions.
Different Gloves.
No Elbow Guards.
No Strap across his chest with the little pouch.
"Chestguard" thing is striped.

I guess it's very possible that concept art changes when they have to implement it in-game, but to me these 2 sets are just WAY to different to be the same. It's obvious there's going to be some sets that have the same "design", just like there was multiple sets that had the same design in TW2 just with slightly different colours and positions of certain bits on the Armor. I think this is one such set.

That Dress style armor is so not for me, I hope I don't find tons of variations of that ugly ass armor.
lol... idk solid black might look good, but that looks like a fucking X-RAY blanket;)

I'm almost 100% certain there will be something for everyone, but there's always going to be something you dislike, I know I for one wasn't a big fan of the stupid hoods in TW2.

I personally think the Armor looks good in terms of design, but definitely the white with the greenish flap isn't so appealing. I hope I find the Bear Armor early on, the level 3 upgrade just looks tight as fuck (Especially if you've got Hairworks running).

I wasn't very keen on getting on the visual downgrade debate because I believed we had no real evidence, but frankly I'm still waiting to see SoD quality footage, none of the footage released so far has that quality

And regarding the new screens, there is some "makeup" going on in there, and the one with Geralt and the wolves looks really inferior, maybe its from an earlier build

The content of the screenshots is mostly great. When I saw them on my smartphone I was thrilled.

Then I blew them up on my desktop PC, and yeah - they look less impressive.

Main culprits:

-strange lowres image quality
- really bad texture on wolves
- lack of hairworks fur on wolves
- not too great LoD on mountain shot

I really love the art style and design of the world. It looks stunning and I cannot wait to explore it. But frankly, Sword of Destiny trailer did look insanely good and if the game does not look like it, I will be a bit disappointed.

That said, if these are from old build or from console version, I am fine with that. I just want PC version to look as advertised. Come on CDP.
I asked Marcin on twitter what version are these shots from.

It's all good... We all have flaws... Now just make it Better.
Make it Great!!!
Something like that, Hmm... CDPR I send some more awesomeness your way.
That other lord has spoken,
Thanks.
What time is it in WARSAW Anyway?
JK;)

Last edited:
The content of the screenshots is mostly great. When I saw them on my smartphone I was thrilled.

Then I blew them up on my desktop PC, and yeah - they look less impressive.

Main culprits:

-strange lowres image quality
- really bad texture on wolves
- lack of hairworks fur on wolves
- not too great LoD on mountain shot

I really love the art style and design of the world. It looks stunning and I cannot wait to explore it. But frankly, Sword of Destiny trailer did look insanely good and if the game does not look like it, I will be a bit disappointed.

That said, if these are from old build or from console version, I am fine with that. I just want PC version to look as advertised. Come on CDP.
I asked Marcin on twitter what version are these shots from.

i agree, i´m not impressed with screens, there are just to many inconsistencies with the screenshots, in a moment you see a video with the most next gen bear i ever seen attacking you, then in these screens you see a ps2 wolf :(
these screens are about he same quality of RDR witch is disappointing.

like i said before marketing department boss should be replace......

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom