The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
Hoping the hunting quests are actually hunting quests and not blindly running around until you find the area the creature spawns at. Are bait;/lures going to be back in? I think in an open world game that would help with making it feel like a hunt

i hope a developer reads this.

I have few worries since i played many open world rpg's.

In skyrim it wasnt enough to create each "dungeon" uniqe after 40 of them i already saw everything the game had to offer and got to level 50-60 with best gear in the game all of this without even starting the main quest line and still there were more places to explore and side quest to complete, at this point i couldnt bring myself to continue the game, since it lost all the appeal it had with me getting all the best gear and been high level, and the main quest line giving me missions with bad guys i can kill with one hit
i couldnt bring myself to finish the game, so my point is in the witcher 3 i hope it wont have the same effect because if you play like me at the start of the game i like to go off the path and make my own advntures explore alot of places and only then play the main quest line , then i think you need to worry maybe i should change my gameplay and go hand to hand with the game exploring some and then return to the main quest and repeat i just hope they design this better then bethsda did with skyrim.

In skyrim it wasnt enough to create each "dungeon" uniqe after 40 of them i already saw everything the game had to offer and got to level 50-60 with best gear in the game all of this without even starting the main quest line and still there were more places to explore and side quest to complete, at this point i couldnt bring myself to continue the game, since it lost all the appeal it had

I have almost 2000 h in the game and recently I started a new character, argonian, for the 1 time, and went on the underwater tour of Skyrim province. It's just not your kind of game, believe me.
And don't worry, W3 won't be a game like skyrim. It will be a game with a strong plot and cinematographic quality placed in an open world, while skyrim is a game built around the open world to live in and explore (plot? what plot?). No fedex quests, no enemies levelling, these developers learned with skyrim what NOT TO DO.

I have almost 2000 h in the game

@kingeliran
I wouldn't be stressed to be honest.

Skyrim's Main and Side Questlines were generally so horribly designed, uninteresting and ultimately short, to the point that missing out on them isn't even a big deal. With open world games I ALWAYS run away from the main questline immediately when I get control of the character and get to the point where you're given free roam. I did the same thing with Skyrim, spent about 50 hours exploring, then finally did the Main/Side Quests and completed most of the major storylines in like 20 hours. They were so bad that after that it just completely drained me of the game and I haven't touched it since.

I can't imagine The Witcher 3 falling into the same category, actually I suspect it might be the first open world game where I don't run away from the main storyline immediately. The 35 minute Demo showed us just one example of a questline and it was extremely engaging and the presentation was fucking excellent. If the rest of the games Quests are of that quality or maybe even better, then I wouldn't be stressed about having any trouble getting back into any Story content after exploring for ages.

In Skyrim, I mean. 1834 exactly.
With Witcher series I play it separately and have no idea for how many hours.
It's Steam, it counts your time in-game.

Actually, I reread the Witcher saga at least once a year and replay both parts of the game. This year I replayed them in winter and plan to start replaying in order to finish just before the release of the 3d part!!!

Last edited:
My main wish was for fishing.....but I'm trying to remember if fishing was recently confirmed to be NOT included in the game. Does anyone remember hearing something in the last month or so?

I see people don't like the fact you could only level up to 35 in W2. In W3 maybe we could have extra 5-10 levels for those who love to grind monsters do monster hunting quests etc. Another reason to stay for some before/after finishing the game or passing that no return point. Maybe as reward unlock some hidden quest or challenge room of some sort if you level cap Geralt.

I see people don't like the fact you could only level up to 35 in W2. In W3 maybe we could have extra 5-10 levels for those who love to grind monsters do monster hunting quests etc. Another reason to stay for some before/after finishing the game or passing that no return point. Maybe as reward unlock some hidden quest or challenge room of some sort if you level cap Geralt.
I think it is 60 in TW3 now:)

@Marcin Momot Okay I watched the 35 min demo again, and well... I noticed in all for corners of the screen was a little bit darkened. I don't think this is my laptop because I watch other videos and do not perceive this effect in each corner of my screen while I am viewing videos. Does anyone else notice this strange filter in the corners? What purpose does it serve, because I really do not like it at all and I wish for that tunnel vision effect to not be there at all if possible. I don't mind if it is like that in the witcher sense mode mechanic because it makes sense, but please CDPR clean the 4 corners up would you? That's all thanks;)

This effect will be present in Wild Hunt, although it will be easier on the eyes than what you can see in the 35 min demo.

This effect will be present in Wild Hunt, although it will be easier on the eyes than what you can see in the 35 min demo.
Thanks.. @Marcin Momot & @Vizen12 I learned something new today, I had no idea about such things.;)
I wanted to say, I hooked up my laptop to my big hdtv last night for the first time just to watch the 35 min demo in 1080p. Oh.. Man.. Wow it looked even more amazing,
It blows my mind so see all the awesome things you guys & gals have created. I don't know how you made this game so cool looking, and I don't know how to thank you enough. You are the first video game devs in the whole world to ever do such great things when it comes to RPG's. Thanks to all the new tech & talent on your side, you guys are so lucky, I am lucky. Anyone who gets the chance to play TW3 is pretty damn lucky if you ask me. ;)

Thanks.. @Marcin Momot & @Vizen12 I learned something new today, I had no idea about such things.;)
I wanted to say, I hooked up my laptop to my big hdtv last night for the first time just to watch the 35 min demo in 1080p. Oh.. Man.. Wow it looked even more amazing,
It blows my mind so see all the awesome things you guys & gals have created. I don't know how you made this game so cool looking, and I don't know how to thank you enough. You are the first video game devs in the whole world to ever do such great things when it comes to RPG's. Thanks to all the new tech & talent on your side, you guys are so lucky, I am lucky. Anyone who gets the chance to play TW3 is pretty damn lucky if you ask me. ;)

Thanks a lot!:) We work really hard so the final game will blow everyone away when released.

Top Bottom