The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
To expand a little bit on my previous post: I want references and the like to be a bit more subtle instead of the "Here's a reference to something not related to the witcher universe, do you see it? HERE, LOOK! SEE IT NOW?¿" (basically tryhard references and memes... just no). It completely takes you out of the game when it does that.

I think id prefer if references to things outside of the witcher universe were limited and only subtly placed as easter eggs. i just find them too immersion breaking, and if there trying to be funny or something i usually find it makes me feel the opposite way. i enjoy it for a few seconds then i look back like why was that shoehorned in XD, however i wouldnt mind seeing subtle funny references to what happens in the books.

Epic monsters can be fine, for regular swordfight games, but ...
- It will be nice, if game atmosphere were more harder, dusk, terror ... hunt to monsters will be more like a hunt, and not only like a hard battle. It must be more dangerous, exacting, strained. Monsters must be more tricky, cattish, shifty.
If this feature in a small part will be ralised in Witcher 3 DLC. It will be great.
- In case for replace epic monsters, in my opinion, in TW3 world take a place legendary monsters, like Stryga, or others, living for 5-10-... years & terrifying all nearby cities, villages for years. There are not big, epic, but deadly dengerous, shifty, tricky. Hunt for them is epic & hard puzzle. Monsters are hungry, they are predators, and you are prey.
... desenchunt possibility.

Epic monsters can be fine, for regular swordfight games, but ...
- It will be nice, if game atmosphere were more harder, dusk, terror ... hunt to monsters will be more like a hunt, and not only like a hard battle. It must be more dangerous, exacting, strained. Monsters must be more tricky, cattish, shifty.
If this feature in a small part will be ralised in Witcher 3 DLC. It will be great.
- In case for replace epic monsters, in my opinion, in TW3 world take a place legendary monsters, like Stryga, or others, living for 5-10-... years & terrifying all nearby cities, villages for years. There are not big, epic, but deadly dengerous, shifty, tricky. Hunt for them is epic & hard puzzle. Monsters are hungry, they are predators, and you are prey.
... desenchunt possibility.

I have a feeling W3 'monster hunting' wont be simple and plain activity. It will contain some back story and explanation/reason to everything you do if you commit yourself to hunting rare killer beast.

But yes puzzle missions are very welcome! W2 EE chapter 3 mission was epic and memorable.

For Devs: Borderless Windowed mode is MUST for PC version

Another game I got, Ryse: Son of Rome, and another game with busted Vsync implementation. Basically, either I disable Vsync and get smooth 55+ fps gameplay full of unplayable tears, or I enable vsync and get stuttery mess of 30-60 alternating fps at all times.
If devs cannot implement proper triple buffered V-Sync, then PLEASE give us an option to run the game in Borderless Windowed mode.
What does it do? It runs the game in window, but since there is no border it looks as if it was fullscreen. But thanks to being windowed, the Windows OS applies its own triple buffering on the game, thus eliminating BOTH the stutter frame drops, AND the tearing. It already made Watch Dogs 100% playable when they were unplayable in "standard" fullscreen (and I think most of the complaints on the internet about that game's performance were related to busted Vsync and people's lack of knowledge that borderless, which was implemented in game, fixed it).

I felt the need to create this thread, becase there would be no greater disappointment than if I installed Witcher 3 on 24th of February from my glorious CE or GOG version (own both), only to find out that it is unplayable due to tearing or framerate drops. Especially when the fix is so incredibly simple (borderless windowed mode is really easy to implement for developers).

I don't understand the technical aspect, but I enjoy borderlesss windowed mode enough to make this comment regardless.

Aye, I say!

I don't understand the technical aspect, but I enjoy borderlesss windowed mode enough to make this comment regardless.

Aye, I say!

Thanks for the support :)
It really is a seemingly small thing, but it can make or break a game. I spent like 2 hours trying out various Watch Dogs settings that would give me satisfying performance without constant unplayable drops. And then I noticed the settings menu had borderless windowed...with that, I was able to set everything on ultra (only textures on high) and the game played perfectly fine.

3 Problems I noticed in The Witcher 3.

What I say below may seem harsh but I say it only because I care. Because you're the best developers ever and we all want The Witcher 3 to be as close to perfect as possible. Thank you for reading :)

1. The story: In one of the gameplay demos, when you're following the griffin, you stumble upon some bandits trying to rape a woman. After you save her, the dialogue doesn't make any sense at all. She talks as if they just met at a restaurant. And the hint that sounds like she is a romance option... All doesn't make sense.

And all the quests we've witnessed are about you doing a favor for someone in return for something. Just like Skyrim. And so few dialogue options.

2. The Combat: Every single enemy Geralt kills in all gameplay footages has a part of his body cut off. Every single one! This feature has been so overdone in my opinion and I don't think this is Geralt's style. In the books he only does it when he's angry. And he usually isn't angry. He calmly hits his enemies in the arteries. Speaking of anger, Geralt showing an angry face before he kills the griffin? Seriously? Geralt is not an angry Jihadist.

I read in an interview that enemies will attack Geralt at the same time. But in the demos enemies attack one by one, not all together. And I hope this combat is put on extremely easy mode because it seems very easy. The AI is stupid and you deal so much damage.

3. Simple lore things: Geralt is no longer White Wolf. His hair color is now gray or black. Ciri wearing high-heels? Seriously? And all the cutting people's hands and heads off. Just keep with the lore as long as it doesn't hurt the game.

Please don't overdo things. And let consequences make sense. Don't give me 100 clues that say that creature is evil and when I kill it I find out it was about to save the town from danger. Don't make consequences that don't make at least some sense.

The 3 golden rules are: Trust the lore + Don't overdo anything+ Be real

Of course alot of these may only be like that because the game is still in progress.

Good Luck :)

Last edited:
1. The story: In one of the gameplay demos, when you're following the griffin, you stumble upon some bandits trying to rape a woman. After you save her, the dialogue doesn't make any sense at all. She talks as if they just met at a restaurant. And the hint that sounds like she is a romance option... All doesn't make sense.

2. The Combat: Every single enemy Geralt kills in all gameplay footages has a part of his body cut off. Every single one! This feature has been so overdone in my opinion and I don't think this is Geralt's style. In the books he only does it when he's angry. And he usually isn't angry. He calmly hits his enemies in the arteries. Speaking of anger, Geralt showing an angry face before he kills the griffin? Seriously? Geralt is not an angry Jihadist.

3. Simple lore things: Geralt is no longer White Wolf. His hair color is now gray or black. Ciri wearing high-heels? Seriously? And all the cutting people's hands and heads off. Just keep with the lore as long as it doesn't hurt the game.

#1 It doesn't look like she is just a random alchemist, she's probably a witch who either deals with this regularly or is powerful enough not to worry about it too much.

#2 They said that they increased the chances of chopping of limbs for the demo, and it won't be like this in the game.

#3 Geralt's hair is a problem with the lighting engine that they're still trying to fix to my knowledge. As for Ciri having high heels, it doesn't look like she's dressed for battle at all anyway, so she was most likely doing something and had to suddenly go on the run.

I am worried though that these problems will be in the game on release, but i'm hoping otherwise.

Last edited:
What I say below may seem harsh but I say it only because I care. Because you're the best developers ever and we all want The Witcher 3 to be as close to perfect as possible. Thank you for reading :)

And all the quests we've witnessed are about you doing a favor for someone in return for something. Just like Skyrim. And so few dialogue options.

I read in an interview that enemies will attack Geralt at the same time. But in the demos enemies attack one by one, not all together. And I hope this combat is put on extremely easy mode because it seems very easy. The AI is stupid and you deal so much damage.

Please don't overdo things. And let consequences make sense. Don't give me 100 clues that say that creature is evil and when I kill it I find out it was about to save the town from danger. Don't make consequences that don't make at least some sense.

Of course alot of these may only be like that because the game is still in progress.

Sorry, none of this bothers me in the least. Easy mode should be Easy, and Geralts hair looks more real the way it is now: Dirty/white-ish gray/gray-ish white.
Heels look fine to me, I didn't even see a rape going on, and just because Geralt made that face does not mean he was angry. Maybe he had to fart or maybe he pulled something painful, it was the look of focus and your mine big bird ;)

Please Please No No Never ........ Radiant quests in Skyrim were so pointless they made me eyes bleed and most made no sense as the dungeons were laid out poorly.

I'd like if every human enemy you encounter aren't the most ballsy men in the entire land. If some archer sees all his sword buddies made into gibs by some guy with weird eyes and white hair maybe he'd drop his bow and run away. I like smaller details like that. Maybe if one of his buddies suddenly turns against him he'd tell him to stop or what not while trying to block his attacks. Not just blindly attack him without wondering why he's suddenly changed sides (Axii). Just gives more life to the world in any game I find. Like the common folk who ran for cover when it rained in The Witcher 1. I really liked that.

I think it would be cool if there was a random encounter with a white wolf that doesn't attack you. He just kinda stocks you and runs away after a while.
You mean things that happen and can't be explain or are very hard to figure it out. Classic japanese RPG's used to do these type of secrets, things you need long time to figure it out or help from internet Secrets, items or NPC's that on first look might be useless but it might if you do things correctly reward you with something special. hidden notes/amulets/people that can ask you to read every book or notes on related subject you might have step upon.

Okay CDPR I have a request/wish, it should be really simple to do I hope.
e.g When I'm playing on my gamepad on consoles, I have always, for as far back as I can remember, never ever liked to see the XBOX360 Colors displayed on screen.
You know, A=Geen B=Red X=Blue. Same for PS4's colored symbols etc... Now, I know I have played a handful of games that just have the gamepad letters and symbols in black & white & transparent colors, instead of the bright ugly Yellow/Green/Blue/Red/Pink etc... I think Tomb Raider does this maybe Gears of War, GTA5 or RDR I forget, but I thought it was really awesome to see these few game devs do it like this in a few of their games. It is less of an eye sore, and it takes less away from the video games art style I am playing.
It's not like it's hard to see a white-ish gray A/B/X/Y or PS4 symbols on screen and know what to push. Since there is still no options to turn these button icon prompts Off and On all togather in any game yet, can you please make them look cooler by making them black and white and transparent? Or at least change the fonts, I would not even mind the stupid bright colors if the font was like old medieval or something. The X and B and Y could even be more rune like, I don't know about the A tho. That's why I still think an Old Medieval Style Font of some kind would be awesome. e.g The font could be transparent black or white in the middle of each color, because we all know the colors like second nature. If none of that looks good, I still think the gray and white with transparent would look way better than it is now and it has been done before so no worries. I just wish CDPR Team devs could at least put their own artstyle/twist and touch on this, tiny little aspect/detail of the game, and make it blend in better with the quality of their game that's all. It's just a thought ;)

Last edited:

I agree on everything, particularly about the AI. About the witch/herbalist, at least a bit of panting, worried expressions in the beginning of the dialogue would be much appreciated.

Your right, I guess I didn't put much thought into it lol. It would probably be a lot cooler if the wolf leads you to a cave or something with a treasure chest and a note or something but just having a white wolf appear wouldn't make sense to a lot of people. Although I really think it would be cool if they could some how incorporate a white wolf into the game. Thanks for the input.
You mean things that happen and can't be explain or are very hard to figure it out. Classic japanese RPG's used to do these type of secrets, things you need long time to figure it out or help from internet Secrets, items or NPC's that on first look might be useless but it might if you do things correctly reward you with something special. hidden notes/amulets/people that can ask you to read every book or notes on related subject you might have step upon.

Top Bottom