(Spoilers) The Witcher Trivia Game!

+
How did Geralt become a witcher? And why?

He was abandoned by his mother Visenna and left in Kaer Morhen. Witchers took care of him and begin his training. Why he wanted to become a witcher? Well, he was young and idealistic, so he believed that witchers can be like those knights in a shining armors he read about and be a heroes protecting innocents from vile creatures. Most of it fade away after he killed his first monster (which was a bald guy with a rotten teeths) and damsel he saved first vomit after seeing what he's done and then fainted out of fear. Since then Geralt start changing into cynical outcast we all know and love.

He was abandoned by his mother Visenna and left in Kaer Morhen. Witchers took care of him and begin his training. Why he wanted to become a witcher? Well, he was young and idealistic, so he believed that witchers can be like those knights in a shining armors he read about and be a heroes protecting innocents from vile creatures. Most of it fade away after he killed his first monster (which was a bald guy with a rotten teeths) and damsel he saved first vomit after seeing what he's done and then fainted out of fear. Since then Geralt start changing into cynical outcast we all know and love.
Quite satisfying, your turn. :)

Basically Yennefer was more of a settle down person while Geralt couldn't stand staying in the same place for too long, he always missed being on the Path. That and they're both quite strong willed so when they disagreed pride often stood in the way of admitting mistakes.

That's just an half of the answer. I asked about "break ups" and more details about the circumstances.

If you're referring to the bit about
Him cheating on Yen with Triss after Triss used magic to seduce him it was my understanding that they had already broken up before the act or at the very least they weren't in very good terms at the time of this happening. I never interpreted it as Triss being the reason of their breakup. I might be wrong, of course.

No, it's not that, there were two break-ups actually. You gave a reasons for the first one, but not the second one.

Wasn't there another break-up after the conspiration in Thannedd and the following events? Geralt thought that Yen had something to do with the "kidnapping" of Ciri ?! *scratches head*

Oh that one? Yeah, Tranzr is correct. Geralt mistakenly thought Yennefer betrayed everyone in favor of Nilfgaard and gave Ciri to them when actually she only did what Tissaia de Vries asked of her in an attempt to get the mages to rise above politics and just get along (since there was a planned coup on Thanedd).

Wasn't there another break-up after the conspiration in Thannedd and the following events? Geralt thought that Yen had something to do with the "kidnapping" of Ciri ?! *scratches head*

I don't count this one, as neither of them left the other one willingly. I mean the one which happened before.

I guess first break-up was because Yen was too dominant and also Geralt needed to be on his path, second was because Yen could not choose between him and Istred so she just left them both.

Last edited:
I guess first break-up was because Yen was too dominant and also Geralt needed to be on his path, second was because Yen could not choose between him and Istred so she just left them both.

That's right. Your turn.

Top Bottom