• Option 1: Sword of Destiny-Version

Votes: 323 52.4%
  • Option 2: Debut-Version

Votes: 68 11.0%
  • Option 3:VGX-Version

Votes: 70 11.4%
  • Option 4:Summer Conference-Version

Votes: 129 20.9%
  • Other (Freel free to post your suggestion)

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters
I saw this picture of Mads Mikkelson after reading the books, and I don't think anyone would look more similar to the Geralt that I had pictured in my mind.
He looks experienced, calm, and collective. His face does not have emotions. He has a determined look in his eyes, and some sadness.

Mads is indeed my choice for Geralt if there was ever a live action movie(oh dear). But videogame Geralt already has a face :p not sure how Mads fits in

@Scheuk
Pretty much. He looks perfect here, with his facial shape, beard, skin tone and eyes. I really do hope they can add some finishing touches to Geralt in-game to make him look just a bit more like this.

View attachment 6903View attachment 6904
practically identical... I don't get this thread anymore.
View attachment 6906View attachment 6907

He looks bad ass in these two, sure in others he doesn't but that is how it should be. Geralt shouldn't be photogenic he is not that good looking and neither should he. he is handsome yes, but not to the extent that he should please your every ideal expectation all the time, real people more often don't. I like to think that the witcher games and books are contrary to the way many often see the world because of how media distorts it, so to me his face in that sense is anything but mainstream. also regardless Geralt looks good most of the time in game play and in the trailers anyway. half the time when a person complains they don't show a good example of when his face looks its best compared to his worst, but they look at the worst in isolation. CDPR have done an excellent job.

my congratulations to the developers who worked on the character. that one or however many people who despite having a hole thread pitted against his/her work has done an excellent job in my opinion.

Attachments

• geralt 3.jpg
    geralt 3.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 76
  • geralt 4.jpg
    geralt 4.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 85
  • geralt 5.jpg
    geralt 5.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 91
  • geralt 6.jpg
    geralt 6.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
The trail face has hollow cheeks, while the gameplay version seems to have chipmunk cheeks or in other words fat and bloated cheeks.
the trail version's face looks younger than the gameplay version, which reinforces the fact that Geralt's hair is white as a result of mutations and not old age.
the differences themselves are subtle, but they make a big difference.
I really like Geralt from the trail cinematic, and I think CDPR should make the in-game Geralt more similar to the trail version.

^
It's all in the lighting and beard detail that makes the difference.

This.

Here are the main problems I have with the face;

1. The lighting: At some specific daytimes or weather-conditions Geralt's face looks way too pink and blood-rushed (as if he is having high blood-pressure), whereas in the lore Geralt has an incredibly pale face which is one of his most unique visual trademarks, he looks like a mutant
2. The beard is supposed to be completely white, without pigments, for the simple reason that the mutations caused him to loose pigmentation

Those are the 2 main problems for me. The rest is actually okay.

Attachments

• geralt 8.jpg
    geralt 8.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 85
  • geralt 9.jpg
    geralt 9.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 80
  • geralt 10.jpg
    geralt 10.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 96
  • geralt 11.jpg
    geralt 11.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 92
The two photoshopped pictures on the sides are how the face should be, since Geralt is not a donut eating couch potato.
Nah. If he's in his mid 20s I would agree. But he is an aged man and gaining a bit of weight is part of getting old. He looks fasted on that pic.

Nah. If he's in his mid 20s I would agree. But he is an aged man and gaining a bit of weight is part of getting old. He looks fasted on that pic.

Geralt isn't an aged man gaining a bit of weight. He's aged less than a year since Witcher 2. If he's Vesemir's age, I can understand even that witcher metabolism slowing down, but he's not anywhere near Vesemir's age. If anything, his metabolism would be closer to that of a man in his mid-20s than an old man.

He's supposed to look like he fasted, witcher metabolism and all, not like he's been sitting back and eating cakes daily.

Top Bottom