Interviews and Articles Part 2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, there are a few interesting question that he just seemed to dodge. The thing is, we have had interviews where devs have talked about new things (a bit,) so it's probably down to a combination of the right questions being asked to the right people - the ones that are willing to push NDAs to the limit :p

It's hard for me to blame Mr. Mocarski for playing it safe and going with what is obviously PR type of answers.

Lot of uninteresting questions asked (How long the game has been being made, work on all platforms, decisions to delay. Just find none of that worth asking when there are many gameplay details still unexplained) with uninteresting answers to boot. I see no issue with him avoiding locking down a FPS or Resolution on console, but some of these other answers just make me think either they were being avoided or he didn't understand the question. Why is the lead game programmer giving less detailed answers than the art producer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiVyGX-3sd8

Last edited:
The interview has been good , but, the console question I dont think do it the better way , I think that the best question would be ; Actually the console version is or will be impressive in grafics terms, It is next-gen ???

check this i thing is new
http://gamingbolt.com/witcher-3-dev...delity-graphics-possible-across-all-platforms
resume:
In a recent interview with Gamingbolt, Grzegorz Mocarski, the Lead Game Programmer of Witcher 3 stated that in terms of visuals, they are aiming for the highest possible quality that they can achieve.

Grzegorz Mocarski: Right now, we are not talking about resolution. We are doing what we can to make sure that the quality is as high as possible, and as high as we can achieve.

He also said that the team is working to optimize the game for all platforms out there:

Grzegorz Mocarski: We did work, to be honest, on all aspects of the game. We worked on our open world, making sure that there is enough stuff to do, and it looks amazing. We were also working to make sure that we can deliver the highest fidelity graphics possible, and we started working on the optimization, to make sure it can run on all of the platforms at a decent quality.

He also mentioned that Witcher 3 was developed from the ground up for multiple platforms. This takes care of any woes whether the title will be a port or not when it comes to the PC, at least.

another article

http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/11/17/world-npcs-witcher-3-will-react-actions/

FUll scans of that famitsu article. Don't know if full scans were ever posted

Still using screenshots from the Debut Gameplay Trailer?

Oh CDPR... You're so innocent, it just makes me chuckle.

Edit: Also that first picture looks like they've done some kind of "family tree" type thing for all the characters... Looks neat, even though many of us here know most of the connections from reading the books, it'd still be nice to see what all the connections are saying.

Last edited:
Still using screenshots from the Debut Gameplay Trailer?

Oh CDPR... You're so innocent, it just makes me chuckle.

Edit: Also that first picture looks like they've done some kind of "family tree" type thing for all the characters... Looks neat, even though many of us here know most of the connections from reading the books, it'd still be nice to see what all the connections are saying.
The graphics have been drastically improved since E3 going by the PS4 shots. The gameplay reveal shots could be how the game looks in the end on PC

I was so excited for Witcher 3 as an old and true fan of the series, but lately even when there is a new article I genuinely feel uninterested. I don't even bother reading the Witcher 3 articles anymore, because CDPR team just regurgitate the same stuff over and over again to the point where it seems like they are ignoring the question that they are asked.
Don't judge me, I genuinely feel this way. I know this is how it's supposed be and CDPR is doing what they should, but I cannot help it.

I was so excited for Witcher 3 as an old and true fan of the series, but lately even when there is a new article I genuinely feel uninterested. I don't even bother reading the Witcher 3 articles anymore, because CDPR team just regurgitate the same stuff over and over again to the point where it seems like they are ignoring the question that they are asked.
Don't judge me, I genuinely feel this way. I know this is how it's supposed be and CDPR is doing what they should, but I cannot help it.
I'm looking forward to it. Kinda the feel the same though, every interview is almost the same thing. I don't know why so close to release they don't detail the gameplay mechanics more in depth. Nobody is asking for story content to be shown or anything. Just details on major mechanics like Alchemy and other things. Hopefully that QnA thread gets some answers soon.

I don't want to see anymore, I want want to have my (HOLY SHIT) moments for the first time at home playing the game myself.
CDPR keep stoking the fire and hide us from this game till launch.

I don't want to see anymore, I want want to have my (HOLY SHIT) moments for the first time at home playing the game myself.
CDPR keep stoking the fire and hide us from this game till launch.
So don't watch or read anything more on the game and go dark. Some of us want to know what to expect so we don't get disappointed

The graphics have been drastically improved since E3 going by the PS4 shots. The gameplay reveal shots could be how the game looks in the end on PC

Oh don't worry I'm not on the other side of the fence.... I was merely just chuckling at CDPR still using their reveal screenshots in promotional material. It's so... "CDPR-ish".
They did the same thing with The Witcher 2, and it's nothing against them for doing it, it's just funny compared to most Devs/Pubs who'd have someone probably triple checking every shot to ensure it doesn't look weird in any way. Feels like they're legit proud of their game and just don't give a fuck, whether it's a reveal shot, VGX or whatever, they'll just show it off.
(The only alternative being that their PR/Marketing department is bad, and as silly as they have been over the last 1-2 years, I don't think they're that bad).

Oh don't worry I'm not on the other side of the fence.... I was merely just chuckling at CDPR still using their reveal screenshots in promotional material. It's so... "CDPR-ish".
They did the same thing with The Witcher 2, and it's nothing against them for doing it, it's just funny compared to most Devs/Pubs who'd have someone probably triple checking every shot to ensure it doesn't look weird in any way. Feels like they're legit proud of their game and just don't give a fuck, whether it's a reveal shot, VGX or whatever, they'll just show it off.
(The only alternative being that their PR/Marketing department is bad, and as silly as they have been over the last 1-2 years, I don't think they're that bad).
Ah ok, misunderstood you then. I think on the screenshot front they have been good with giving new stuff but they do use a lot of older ones in promotions. Just actual details on the mechanics of the game have kinda been conflicting or vague.

Actually, with this being the ps4 version, it's quite conveniënt they use the 'same' screenshots. So people see the difference in graphics quality from 1-2 years back and now, and how the game looks on ps4.

But it would be nice if we will see something else. Which according to certain community dev(s) will be very soon.

I relate. Interviews have been extremely repetitive for a very long time, and like you I often feel as if the Reds' answers are completely disconnected with the question. As if they just have a checklist of things to say and they'll stick to it, regardless of the actual question.

Last edited:
And I think too cd project or the devepolers are going to late for show new things about the game , things like gameplays runs on consoles (in my preferences on PS4) , because the interviews , previews ...... are being very generics .

I understand that all this are marketing but the game release is very soon , then I think they must show new things. But this is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom