Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one here can prove there is a downgrade or not that is impossible, none of us have the game yet. However, due to a trailer that seems to have a signifigant detriment in quality compared to previous trailers there are a alot of people here that are concerned that there *may* be a downgrade. There are those that believe what CDPR says that there isn't a downgrade and now their fears are quelled. However there are still those that are skeptical and are waiting to see what happens, but may have cancelled their pre order because of this but will still buy the game at launch if it turns out the game hasn't been downgraded.

I think that sums it up no?
Thanks for extensive answer, but I was joking...I asked same question 50 pages ago...this thread is not going anywhere, it seems :D

Attachments

• Wreath_of_Immortelles.png
    Wreath_of_Immortelles.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 54
I don't know if there is a downgrade, neither if the game is incomplete or have severe issues. I trust CDPR, I think what they say in interviews is mostly transparent. The only thing I believe is that, delay or not, this game is going to need some patching before I play it. That's not a negative view, simply no modern game, especially of this scale, can be perfect at launch. I played both TW 1 and 2 well after release, with EE out, and I'm definitely waiting for another EE or some patching because I want to enjoy the smoothest and fullest experience. Waiting is not a problem if you know that something great is coming and I defintely believe that it's going to be that way.

I don't know if there is a downgrade, neither if the game is incomplete or have severe issues. I trust CDPR, I think what they say in interviews is mostly transparent. The only thing I believe is that, delay or not, this game is going to need some patching before I play it. That's not a negative view, simply no modern game, especially of this scale, can be perfect at launch. I played both TW 1 and 2 well after release, with EE out, and I'm definitely waiting for another EE or some patching because I want to enjoy the smoothest and fullest experience. Waiting is not a problem if you know that something great is coming and I defintely believe that it's going to be that way.

I dunno man. I think it is very possible for a Modern Game to have very few issues at launch.

Shadow of Mordor almost had no bugs if I recall correctly. SWTOR had a very smooth launch because of the gating they did. Bayonetta 2 had no issues from what I can recall. Wolfenstein had none either. GTA V singleplayer was fine (however the multiplayer was egregious)

It's definitely possible, and they are exist. Sure no game is going to be bug free, however they can exist it's just well.... there are alot of reasons as to why, and too many to count.

The hilarious thing is that even if it was downgraded, it still looks freaking gorgeous.

Ehhh I guess, taste is subjective. I mean even if it was downgraded it looks decent. However the lighting (IMO) looks kinda poopy, especially compared to the older stuff that they showed off.

With that said however I think we can all agree that this guyView attachment 8462 isn't looking too hot.

I'll see my self out

Attachments

• 1iNlAsk-300x168.jpg
    1iNlAsk-300x168.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 55
Ehhh I guess, taste is subjective. I mean even if it was downgraded it looks decent. However the lighting (IMO) looks kinda poopy, especially compared to the older stuff that they showed off.

With that said however I think we can all agree that this guyView attachment 8462 isn't looking too hot.

I'll see my self out

There was barely anyone in the office at the time, they were asked to shove together a trailer, they used a bunch of old footage. The game looks even better than VGX or Sword of Destiny. Mark my words. MARK THEM.

Also, things like lighting isn't really subjective or based on taste. Especially things like textures and whatnot. They are pretty easy to tell which ones are better

Also remember the game has a fully dynamic weather system. Nothing is bound to look exactly the same. The lighting is constantly changing because the weather, fog, and time of day is constantly changing.

There was barely anyone in the office at the time, they were asked to shove together a trailer, they used a bunch of old footage. The game looks even better than VGX or Sword of Destiny. Mark my words. MARK THEM.

Consider them marked.

And everything else you said. Yeah I agree for the most part. Let's just hope that the next trailer/demo they put out is awesome and will quell alot of our worries. Hopefully if they are telling the truth about rushing the trailer together that they learn from this, and I am sure they have.

I guess because of this trailer, I am going to have my skeptic goggles on, and I don't think that is a bad thing to do.

Last edited:
Consider them marked.

And everything else you said. Yeah I agree for the most part. Let's just hope that the next trailer/demo they put out is awesome and will quell alot of our worries. Hopefully if they are telling the truth about rushing the trailer together that they learn from this, and I am sure they have.

I guess because of this trailer, I am going to have my skeptic goggles on, and I don't think that is a bad thing to do.

No by all means, it is never a bad thing to be cautious!

Let's just hope that the next trailer/demo they put out is awesome and will quell alot of our worries.

Really won't solve anything. Anyone who firmly believes after the 35min Demo & Elder Blood that the game is downgraded, won't believe it isn't because of a new Gameplay Video or Trailer. They'll just say CDPR is lying or being very selective with their footage ETC.

Not that I blame them, I don't blame anyone for thinking there's a downgrade going on. However there's a big difference between someone thinking there might be a downgrade, and someone outright throwing around doomsday shit that all of this "100% confirms the game is downgraded".
Having skeptic goggles on is fine and I think that's precisely the correct way to treat the game (At least graphically) right now, but that's about as far as it goes.

I know I'll probably be a lot harsher on Cyberpunk2077's PR/Marketing. If The Witcher 3 turns out as graphically amazing as has been shown, then I won't have to be skeptical graphics-wise, but after the really mediocre to outright bad marketing/PR by CDPR over the course of the last 2 years, I'm definitely going to be a little more iffy when it comes to what's said about 2077.
(At the very least I know I'm not even going to bother reading any Interviews unless it's around E3 or some other convention, because it'll 99% of the time just be rehashed, pointless, basic PR response rubbish.)

Last edited:
Really won't solve anything. Anyone who firmly believes after the 35min Demo & Elder Blood that the game is downgraded, won't believe it isn't because of a new Gameplay Video or Trailer. They'll just say CDPR is lying or being very selective with their footage ETC.

Shoot I forgot about that. Good point. What they could do is release a playable DEMO. That might be convincing. Then again people could claim the same thing. That the Demo is a ruse and that it doesn't represent the final game.

I think this Elder Blood trailer really gave CDPR quite the blunder. But yeah, your right that people should be skeptical about this, no matter what and judge the game when it comes out.

Shoot I forgot about that. Good point. What they could do is release a playable DEMO. That might be convincing. Then again people could claim the same thing. That the Demo is a ruse and that it doesn't represent the final game.

I just think it's wasted effort. There's nothing they can do or say at this point that would quell the fears of those who wish to be skeptical, no matter how far someone lands on the line towards "downgrade confirmed".

I'd totally support Demos for games making a return, but spending the possibly enormous amount of time pumping out a Demo just as some kind of kneejerk reaction to a bunch of people worried about a downgrade is really pointless. A demo is something that a company would need to plan from the start, and build their marketing strategy around it, not just throw one out there for the sake of it.

I agree that at some point in the future we need CDPR to release some Gameplay footage, explicitly stating the Platform it's being played on and if on the PC the graphical settings it's being played at... But we don't need that right now, and we don't need CDPR spending the time creating something like that as a kneejerk reaction to all this. They just need to keep doing what they're doing, and show the footage naturally as time comes, because they need to show off more of the game as we get closer to launch regardless.
Everyone is welcome to think what they want about the state of the game graphically (within reason) but patience is pretty much forced right now, and everybody needs to have and accept it.

At least there's one thing for sure, the elder blood trailer was not done with the latest build, as shown by the lack of improvements that were seen in the PS4 screenshots, and not in said trailer.

When they release footage of that at least we might be a bit more certain the build is relatively newer.

At least there's one thing for sure, the elder blood trailer was not done with the latest build, as shown by the lack of improvements that were seen in the PS4 screenshots, and not in said trailer.

I do find it interesting that not a WORD was ever said about those Famitsu screenshots. They were never uploaded to the Facebook page, they never came up on any other channel/s than Famitsu and re-posted here.

Nobody ever came along and confirmed where, when, how those screenshots were taken, and unless google translate missed something, neither did the article. Currently we don't even know for a fact they were PS4 shots (We're just assuming due to the buttons), they could have been on PC using some kind of Dualshock Input to enable the button overlay.

Not trying to say we should know, or should demand to know, or even that it's cause for alarm or whatever, but it's just strange and interesting that those screenshots have never received any kind of official mention beyond being in the magazine.

I do find it interesting that not a WORD was ever said about those Famitsu screenshots. They were never uploaded to the Facebook page, they never came up on any other channel/s than Famitsu and re-posted here.

Nobody ever came along and confirmed where, when, how those screenshots were taken, and unless google translate missed something, neither did the article. Currently we don't even know for a fact they were PS4 shots (We're just assuming due to the buttons), they could have been on PC using some kind of Dualshock Input to enable the button overlay.

Not trying to say we should know, or should demand to know, or even that it's cause for alarm or whatever, but it's just strange and interesting that those screenshots have never received any kind of official mention beyond being in the magazine.

Aside from theories, it would need to be an incredibly specific and forced situation for those screens to not be PS4 footage, what you say is possible, but its really unlikely. In Japan PS4 is the deal, at least for AAA, the magazine is Japanese and for gamers in Japan, and yes one has the PS4 buttons, and the other has Japanese subtitles.

Now for why we only saw them there, I guess its because they are screens from footage covered in the 35 min demo, so there's not really much reason to release them officially and make a big deal about it. Also near the release of the demo they did already make a new batch of screens, like the one with the werewolf and the griffin and a few more, so maybe that was enough in their opinion.

Considering Japan is a pretty unique market in that its almost certain 90% of TW3 players will get the PS4 version, they probably decided to focus on it there and cover the rest of the markets with the PC footage released.

man so much speculation, we really need new info :p

HI ! I already post this on the open letter news but here are some thoughts that I had.

I think there is something very interesting in this eurogame interview that nobody speaks about. It said "We want to disarm the opinion that [The Witcher 3] doesn't exist," Why do I have the feeling that it refers to the Neogaf leak and the idea that The Sword of Destiny trailer wasn't the real game? I think this mean that we are going to have the game as we saw it in the 35 minutes of gameplay because what I understand of this sentence is that the game exist the way it has been shown to us.

Since the beginning of the polemique about Graphics in the Elder Blood trailer, CDPR has said twice that the game wasn't downgraded. I don't know for you but I ve never seen a dev once a downgrade spoted by his customers make a comment on it before the release or without finding an excuse. CDPR said twice or If my understanding of the sentence I quote is right CDPR has said three time that the game wasn't Downgraded.

So I guess the answer to the Elder Blood trailer is elsewhere. Obviously a downgrade is not the reason for delaying the game and it is a good thing. Well that is how I understand this sentence in the interview. What about you ?

HI ! I already post this on the open letter news but here are some thoughts that I had.

I think there is something very interesting in this eurogame interview that nobody speaks about. It said "We want to disarm the opinion that [The Witcher 3] doesn't exist," Why do I have the feeling that it refers to the Neogaf leak and the idea that The Sword of Destiny trailer wasn't the real game? I think this mean that we are going to have the game as we saw it in the 35 minutes of gameplay because what I understand of this sentence is that the game exist the way it has been shown to us.

Since the beginning of the polemique about Graphics in the Elder Blood trailer, CDPR has said twice that the game wasn't downgraded. I don't know for you but I ve never seen a dev once a downgrade spoted by his customers make a comment on it before the release or without finding an excuse. CDPR said twice or If my understanding of the sentence I quote is right CDPR has said three time that the game wasn't Downgraded.

So I guess the answer to the Elder Blood trailer is elsewhere. Obviously a downgrade is not the reason for delaying the game and it is a good thing. Well that is how I understand this sentence in the interview. What about you ?

It's bizarre that they actually responded to that. Are people really calling this game vaporware now? Two delays is a serious thing, but vaporware is the scariest word you can use in gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom