• The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Geralt_fighting_the_fiend.jpg
    The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Geralt_fighting_the_fiend.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 54
  • The-Witcher-3-02.jpg
    The-Witcher-3-02.jpg
    901.3 KB · Views: 51
*coughs* Final Fantasy XV

---------- Updated at 08:35 PM ----------

honestly, this thread is pretty pointless right now.
The game has just been delayed and we have basically no new infos and really all arguments have already been said.

Since may there is no reason for lock it, as normal that this will be being forgotten little. When this thread does not interest anyone, no one will post here, this will be forgotten like so many hundreds topics in this forum.

Yes, it has. This has also been referenced in this thread, but it hasn't stopped it from ballooning to 200 pages. Plus, you're cherry-picking - what you're saying here is based on the assumption that the perceived downgrade has something to do with the game being cross-platform. Other people assume it's because it's an open world game. Typically you'll find that people who make the first assumption are platform warriors who hate consoles, and those who make the second assumption hate open world games, i.e. everyone just blames their favorite pet peeve for a downgrade that may or may not have happened, and when CDPR addresses these things with their usual direct and clear language, nobody cares - they just keep bickering.

I also don't remember one single case where what you described happens. Not one. Once people are in internet rage mode, there's nothing a developer can say to get them to calm down again. Which is why they usually say nothing at all, past a certain point. We seem to have reached this point here.

I understand its easy to hold this generalization given that it commonly happens. I personally dislike it as its awefully close to the entitlement mmo players have over anything and everything because they pay a monthly fee. It sounds terrible to read.

Re the witcher though you may have forgotten that cdpr did, literally and actually release a trailer that looked like something that would run on a ps3 with slight improvements. This actually happened. Literally happened. This isn't something made up. If the rage was baseless then its really silly, but its based on fact.

Also, you may disagree, but i strongly suspect marcin or anyone from the development team coming here, saying outright the released game will look like the original trailers, and locking the thread, i disagree with you, that would certainly stop the discussion. The problem here is they havent (or cant?) do this. So people can only speculate. Being cross platform just happens to be an easy target as its also one of the few causes that has roots in fact.

EDIT: Though personally, id find it surprising if they did drop the quality after so long. But on the remote chance they did, the only rational reason would be fixed and now midrange hardware for cross platform support, and some sort of business incentive to do so. Other developers have literally done this on recent titles (to also avoid the platform war, it makes sense from a sales perspective to not feel like what a third of your potential customers feel like the sad and sorry ones).

Last edited:
You know guys, ultimately we all choose for ourselves how we view the world and its events, no matter what someone else tells you you're still going to have to make your own mind up, and with an unfinished product theres no way anyone can make 100% statements of objective fact. Now you can ignore me just like you would everyone but your own wee bad angel, but think on this view for just a moment.

If we take what has been said and assume no deceitfulness or miscommunication, holding back the game to quash the remaining bugs could be precisely whats going on, no more no less, with the only intention being to release an immaculate product day0, just like they have often stated as their goal. This would actually indicate they have supreme confidence in the overall quality of the game... after all if it was shite what would be the point of the extra effort?

It's simple but it fits.

Something that gives me hope is the news and info given at the shareholders meeting. Game is on track to be complete by end of THIS month. Bugs and optimizing till launch. Once complete I hope we lll finally get the vids and pics that will be most indicative of final graphics quality. In the meantime nothing but conspiracy theories and no hard proof the game will ship downgraded. Just trying to stay optimistic until the next reveal. Can't stress over something we have no control over. ;)

I mean when CDPR mentioned the new trailer. if I recall correctly they said we would see it "everywhere". Having an uncompressed version uploaded to megaupload, only for people who browse the forums to see it is.... I dunno, are you guys sure that's what he meant? just that uncompressed version? or are they working on another one to give to the big gaming sites and their own youtube channel?

Edit: Here is the quote

Good morning. So, I have always been in favor of telling the truth to your community as much as possible. I think this is a good opportunity to give your community an inside look at what happens, so here ya go.

We initially didn't have a new video scheduled for release at this time. The game team is finishing the game, Christmas is coming and January & February will be very busy, so there wasn't a video scheduled to be made. Then, we learned we were nominated for Most Anticipated Game at the VGAs (which we won. Woot!). So a decision was made to create a video to show at the VGAs (whether we won or lost). The video team did a fantastic job getting a video put together in the time-frame they had to make the show's deadline. However, it was not compressed to the correct rate and did not look as good on YouTube as it does in the actual game.

After seeing concerns from fans that the game has been downgraded (which it ABSOLUTELY HAS NOT), the team recompressed the video and it is now being uploaded to YouTube and other channels. You should be seeing the new video shortly. Hopefully, it will alleviate your worries about any false graphical downgrade rumors.

Now you know.

The same uncompressed trailer is still up on their youtube channel. Maybe they realized it was more than just a compression issue and they are remaking the whole thing from scratch. Or they are working on a brand new trailer.

Last edited:
I mean when CDPR mentioned the new trailer. if I recall correctly they said we would see it "everywhere". Having an uncompressed version uploaded to megaupload, only for people who browse the forums to see it is.... I dunno, are you guys sure that's what he meant? just that uncompressed version? or are they working on another one to give to the big gaming sites and their own youtube channel?
Not sure. Chris made it sound like it was a new version for youtube to me, but they never uploaded a new one last I checked. I wasn't around when the uncompressed version came out so I'm not aware if Chris or Marcin posted it first and then everyone else shared the link. The first I saw of it was a moderator linking it (They don't work at CDPR)

Maybe they are redoing the entire thing? I didn't think about it until you said something.

Edit: Yeah, they never reuploaded any new trailer. The trailer on the official youtube is still the same one as at launch I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:
Not sure. Chris made it sound like it was a new version for youtube to me, but they never uploaded a new one last I checked. I wasn't around when the uncompressed version came out so I'm not aware if Chris or Marcin posted it first and then everyone else shared the link. The first I saw of it was a moderator linking it (They don't work at CDPR)

Maybe they are redoing the entire thing? I didn't think about it until you said something.

Edit: Yeah, they never reuploaded any new trailer. The trailer on the official youtube is still the same one as at launch I'm pretty sure.

Yeah one of the mods names Kinley linked an uncompressed version. However even after people downloaded it and viewed the video people still noticed alot of poopy textures and drops in model quality.

The "new" version is that one (uncompressed version).

It has been put online by CDPR?

---------- Updated at 12:13 AM ----------

Edit: Here is the quote

The same uncompressed trailer is still up on their youtube channel. Maybe they realized it was more than just a compression issue and they are remaking the whole thing from scratch. Or they are working on a brand new trailer.

I am sure a new real trailer is coming. Let's not forget that the trailer was made in a hurry. It probably must be redone. So I agree and I am almost sure that the uncompressed version isn't the new trailer that CDPR spoke about.

There's been nothing to indicate that they're going to remake that particular trailer and my personal view is that it's fairly unlikely that they would, especially if it was a rush job for the Game Awards.

There's been nothing to indicate that they're going to remake that particular trailer and my personal view is that it's fairly unlikely that they would, especially if it was a rush job for the Game Awards.

Yeah but they did say they re going to reupload it. Which they didn't do yet... Hope it is not going to take too long. I seriously that the clean version that would save CDPR honor would be release on a website that almost anyboy knows about among common folks...

Yeah but they did say they re going to reupload it. Which they didn't do yet... Hope it is not going to take too long. I seriously that the clean version that would save CDPR honor would be release on a website that almost anyboy knows about among common folks...

reupload =/= remake.

The uncompressed version has already been uploaded ("reupload"), which means that you're able to view the version that does NOT have issues due to compression of the video itself.

Last edited:
reupload =/= remake.

The uncompressed version has already been uploaded ("reupload"), which means that you're able to view the version that does NOT have issues due to compression of the video itself.

I know that reupload is different than a remake... But if you don't understand that the reupload is supposed to be on youtube as well I don't know what to say ^^And it isn't so it bring some questions.

The lightning is so "bad" in the video that Geralt's nails reflect light.

Apparently Granny gives manny petties*, but only to the good orphans, and only in primary colours or White Gull - which surprisingly - has a reflective quality analogous to its imbibed effect. Sounds great, but only a few colours... wth guys?!

:hmm:

*(I had to look up the spelling, I swear)

This thread is still going on? I'm surprised it hasn't been locked yet

No, it shouldn't be locked. Allow us people with concerns to voice them in the hopes of being heard. If you don't agree, fair enough, but that doesn't mean others should be shut out.

CDPR; please, please, please, please, PLEASE. I may not be considered a "fan" of you or The Witcher because I don't post daily on the forums, read the books etc, but I absolutely love the games and I am *really* looking forward to The Witcher 3. I really, REALLY hope you alleviate the concerns myself and others have by taking the time to provide a little "evidence" to support your claims and to reassurance us the quality hasn't taken a dive.

I'm sorry, but saying "There's been no downgrade" in light of recent affairs is just not good enough, especially in this day and age with the industry being as deceitful as it is.

--->A<---Heres another way to look at things: It could be that one of the release platforms can only look that good, so they are changing the marketing so as NOT to be a scam when that version looks like the "obvious downgrade?" regardless of what the others do? If the worst of the bunch platform needs to look like buffed ps3 graphics thats what they need to show. We can only hope the other platforms are left untouched. Kickstarting and alternate marketing fund to ensure this might be a good idea.

----->B<----To your point b, the build might be currect, but that section of the world might be only that detailed? You can imagine people going along and adding detail bit by bit to each part of the map.. there certainly isn't a magical detail button that makes everything look current gen and they make a build out of it (or maybe there is, who knows? :)) They did delay by 3 months.. being late on adding the detail sounds like a good match as to why. The towns probably look like the trailers and the villages still look like a ps3 game. More time to fix pls?

Or it could be worst platform. who knows? Some different ways of looking at things there.

----->C<-----I don't think its suspect yet... if they released it today or something that would be fishy. given cdpr are becoming more corporate to receive corporate money, i'll wait for witcher 3 before assuming they're like every other developer at least. If anything, the probably started work on witcher 3 before enjoying lesser platform marketing money so there's probably a seed of goodness in there somewhere. whether they stay cdpr or turn into bioware 2 after that should be fun to watch.

point A answer: if that's the case and i HOPE it's the case, than they should at least tell it's the console version, even more when the ps4 version ( the fumitsu one ) does NOT look like this

point B answer: this is what i think it's happening, it's fine for me. i have 0 rush for this game. in fact after this i will probably game waaay less anyway, that's another reason why this is so important to me, it's almost like my retirment party gift, it could be the fondest of all my memories about gaming or the worst,making me quit in the bad way and cutting al ties to this world with a kinfe instead of letting them fade more and more as time passes, like i originally planned.

point C answer: i hope you are right,but no if cdpr turn into biowere 2 it will NOT be fun. it will be a colossale disaster for this industry in fact. it basically means the evil won, and the gaming world is 100% absorbed in the greedy corporative mechanism that is killing our planet and alienating the human race, you tell me if you think that's fun to watch

---------- Updated at 12:38 AM ----------

There was barely anyone in the office at the time, they were asked to shove together a trailer, they used a bunch of old footage. The game looks even better than VGX or Sword of Destiny. Mark my words. MARK THEM.

Also, things like lighting isn't really subjective or based on taste. Especially things like textures and whatnot. They are pretty easy to tell which ones are better

Also remember the game has a fully dynamic weather system. Nothing is bound to look exactly the same. The lighting is constantly changing because the weather, fog, and time of day is constantly changing.

if what you say is true i will be the very first one here to make official apologies to the entire team for having even flinched in my faight twards them. you can mark my words to. thing is i'm only human, and this mean VERY mutch to me, for a number of reason i already explained. so since the material we have now is only this new trailer and there is no official word confirming ANY of the speculation here both positive or negative i will keep my doubts till something new is showed and or an official statment is made.

what i will not do in any case, is cancealing pre order ( s ) we may have doubts but i purchased a product and until that product is proven as advertised OR not as advertised my choice is and stays the same. the only difference is that if the product IS what i purchased based on what i saw when i chosen it i will keep byung this companies games in the years to come, even if i eventually stop gaming completly, if NOT. our customer-dev relationtip ends and best of wishes. Simply what i will do with ANY other buisness relationship in real life, only this one involves feelings too, and that's why is so hard to remain cold and logic, that's all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom