Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
lel that horse

Ahahah :):)

I dont understand one thing. Why, some reviewer, after information embargo, told us, That PC version advantages its only Ubersampling and Nvidia Hairworks. Where is nvidia PhysX? they also cut it out? And what about this video and promises, And what about TXAA\MFAA?

in-game footage doesnt mean GAMEPLAY...... why is that so hard to understand??
in-game pretty much means in-engine, meaning that level of detail COULD be achieved inside the game, with massively better hardware than there is today...

just look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG-82TakEqk
This is IN CryEngine 3

ofcourse a preset scene which has been reworked in after effects for 10 days is going to look great..... compare GAMEPLAY to GAMEPLAY, Screenshots to Screenshots and Trailers to Trailers

comparing gameplay to screenshots or trailers is like comparing the final movie of avatar to all the set photos infront of the greenscreen

in-game pretty much means in-engine, meaning that level of detail COULD be achieved inside the game, with massively better hardware than there is today..
If this true - not everyone knows that!!
So why the hell they use this definition "in-game footage" in all this trailers? For many viewers and potential customers(like me) its means the same as Gameplay!
I told u why..To deceive the viewer. To make him fool! If the game is unable to render this picture in realtime(although I doubt it, cus Red Engine - perfect Engine, The Witcher 2 with ubersampling still look fantastic, better the console version of The witcher 3) - Why the hell they use this false inscription "in-game footage"!?

Edit: Ubersampling and hairworks that is, don't know about the other stuff
Watch my video at 1:15..

The only real difference, aside from the colour filter (a purely aesthetic choice) is less bloom and motion blur
And what about trees? Shadows on the petals? Quality of this trees (quality of the foliage)? And why final build dont have this motion bloom, blue filter and other stuff? At least PC version?

Last edited:
Watch my video at 1:15..

I'm not doubting that they said they were going to put them in the game. what I'm saying is that they said a bunch of features weren't available in the demo (but would be in the full game), I remember hairworks and ubersampling being mentioned but I don't remember if they said TXAA and physx were disabled

in-game pretty much means in-engine, meaning that level of detail COULD be achieved inside the game, with massively better hardware than there is today...

just look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG-82TakEqk
This is IN CryEngine 3

ofcourse a preset scene which has been reworked in after effects for 10 days is going to look great..... compare GAMEPLAY to GAMEPLAY, Screenshots to Screenshots and Trailers to Trailers

comparing gameplay to screenshots or trailers is like comparing the final movie of avatar to all the set photos infront of the greenscreen

Wow, that Space Odysey quote through the monolith gave me goosebumps.

In-engine footage doesnt mean in-game footage.... why is that so hard to understand??

People saying that The Witcher 2 had almost the same graphics as The Witcher 3 need a pair of glasses.
Also claiming that the previewers are saying the same thing is totally false because i have read at least 9-10 previews and still looking for more and not even one said something like that. The only thing i could hear is how the graphics are stunning and on all platforms already better than DA:I, which had pretty good graphics in general. The only issues they had was with the horses movement not being 100% responsive and with some frame drops here and there.
Not saying anything against the people who have legitimate concerns on how the game will look at release, just got a bit irritated at those statements, especially after watching the uncompressed version of the latest gameplay.

RLY CDPR? What is this?
Why not like this for PC?
Why u do this to us?
From this - to this
Why this game looks at least 2 times worst than Debut gameplay trailer 2013 and VGX trailer 2013 (in VGX you said, that its in-game footage) You lied to us all this time? Where is this graphics?
Bombey, I just gotta say those top two are from the exact same "downgraded" build(aka high settings), the second one looks identical to a quickly edited image of the 30 minute trailer, and the bottom two is comparing a very old image to a youtube clip. They haven't been showing the good graphics too much the past year but in January and August they definitely posted some Ultra setting images and they look better than any of those you posted.

Last edited:
You are talking about this interview http://www.gry-online.pl/S018.asp?ID=1132

TL;DR Game looks the same on all platforms, screw PC.

They use the same models?

How the fuck is that surprising? Have you seen how the barebone models look without any effects?

What matters is what you throw on them. Tell me when the consoles have the same shaders, hair effects, tesselation...

Hell, even the journos said that the supposedly equal "High" settings look much better in every single way on PC.

PhysX must be in game, in E3 2013 trailer Physx Were enabled (just like the hairworks)

What? I'm not saying they wont be in the game at release. Some of the graphics options were disabled during the Hands-on Demo. CDPR have said that they will still be in the final game, however. I'm not sure if this includes Physx but I'm sure It's still in the game regardless.

I find it a little concerning that mere months from release, they still can't show supposedly ultra settings. The rigs they showed the game off on yesterday are claimed to have had 2xGTX 970s in them. This wasn't enough to show it off in all its glory?

Last edited:
So much dumb ass here, just get GEMFX and u will have same image as SOD trailer. If u look closely there is no downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom