TW3 Save game import

+
Right, now for yet another question of profound importance: do you think whatever hairstyle we chose in The Witcher 2 will be transferred to the third game?

Master race gets save game import, what about PS4 plebs?

PS4 ver. won't have such a feature, so I wonder if we will be able to modify our choices before game like in Dragon Age. If we are stuck with 1 state, then we'll most likely get the world state that is canon.

You'll be able to choose your past choices through in-game dialogue options, when talking with a certain character, at the beginning of the game.

PS4 ver. won't have such a feature, so I wonder if we will be able to modify our choices before game like in Dragon Age. If we are stuck with 1 state, then we'll most likely get the world state that is canon.

You peasants don't deserve choices, now get back out there and plough my field. :p

/jk

As Kinley stated, every platform gets a chance to define their Geralt in the beginning. No worries.

console peasants are already lucky to be able to play the game. Save import only for the DEFINITIVE EDITION

Cross title progression

Having played and enjoyed both previous Witcher games I have something I would very much like to ask.

Is there a way you can implement something similar to Biowares 'Dragon Age Keep' For the Witcher titles? Or even implement a 'previously' option ingame to run through and choose the various 'game changing' decisions so that the worlds through all 3 games have more coherence.

It would make things a lot easier on people such as myself who have played the previous two games on different PC's (possibly read that as different platforms, consoles etc). Played 1 on my old 'dead' PC, and 2 on this newer one. Also may possibly upgrade to a new PC for 3, which would mean no saves on my new PC, thus a 'default' world for the new game. :(

Thanks.

Gear import from Witcher 2 to Witcher 3 (SPOILERS for Witcher 2)

Hello everyone!

This has been bothering me for a while because I've been replaying saved games of Witcher 2 to get the best equipment possible (weapons + armors) on all my paths (Roche, Iorveth etc).

Has there been any confirmation from CDPR regarding import saves from Witcher 2 to Witcher 3? Will we get any piece of gear like from W1 > W2? Or just the choices that we have made throughout.

Also..will items like Dearhenna's grimoire that you can decide to keep instead of selling it to Ban Ard..will it affect anything in Witcher 3? I've always wondered about those kind of items. Or should I just go and finish the quests..same goes for Ysigth armor to complete the Vran armor quest (Mystic River).

Any information will be appreciated.

Also merged in with the main thread. :)
Our understanding is that equipment won't import, although that's old info, so it could have been changed.
I'd say it's close to certain that other stuff, like that grimoire, will NOT import.

Our understanding is that equipment won't import, although that's old info, so it could have been changed.

Do you recall when they said that? I haven't found anything about equipment yet, which has been bothering me a bit.

Last edited:
Do you recall when they said that? I haven't found anything about equipment yet, which has been bothering me a bit.

A RED post would be pretty great..especially for the people (like myself) that are preparing their saved games .

Nope, but it was a long time ago, so it may not even be true any more. It's the kind of thing they may have decided to change.

Top Bottom