Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Mr. Cox heading to Poland, cant wait for his impressions. :)

https://twitter.com/JesseCox/status/587665676254318592

I just watched Gopher's livestream. he says a whole buch of youtubers got invited (him included). we will get tons of footage next week.
edit: well I think he said he can record, I'm not 100% sure. but interviews definitely.
edit2: actually, why else would you invite youtubers, other than letting them record gameplay?

Last edited:
Angry Joe will also arrive tomorrow in Warsow, if I'm not mistaken. It will be nice to hear their impressions
Gopher (rpg lets' player, currently let's playing Witcher 1 on his channel) as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLCGlKkm9c8

And for the german fans.
PietSmiet (german let'S player, 1,8+ million subscriptions) will play the game live in a cinema in berlin on the 23rd April. It will be be published on youtube afterwards!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXFBT33h9Qw

They are probably doing something similar to Far Cry 4. Where youtuber's all went to an event, got to record footage (Hour or so) and then show off what they recorded. (DA:I did this as well I believe)
Presumably CDPR will put some kind of spoiler related restriction on it, but it will be nice to see some more widespread opinions, and not those of IGN-Tier journalists.
[size=-2]And I swear if I see any more 360 no-scope tier videos I'm going to fucking explode.[/size]

Could be wrong, but that makes sense to me.

They are probably doing something similar to Far Cry 4. Where youtuber's all went to an event, got to record footage (Hour or so) and then show off what they recorded. (DA:I did this as well I believe)
Presumably CDPR will put some kind of spoiler related restriction on it, but it will be nice to see some more widespread opinions, and not those of IGN-Tier journalists.

Could be wrong, but that makes sense to me.

Yeah, they will probably give them acces to just the prologue area.It's big enough to get different records but there aren't any major spoilers for the story Everyhing important about it has been spoiled in the hands-ons anyway

I enjoy the fact that Gopher is invited. I really have taken a liking his to let's plays for the most parts. I would have loved to see ChristopherOdd too.

---------- Updated at 10:14 PM ----------

In my opinion the Youtubers give much better opinion. Will be nice to hear to them after they play the game

I actually rely heavily on let's plays instead of reviews. Ever since I made that switch I never wasted money. Sure it's a problem for those who hate spoilers but it have never bother me so.

This is great. YouTubers are influential.

@Scholdarr.452 you once said you're hoping they'll do this, I think?

Yeah, I did. And I still think it's a good decision. Although I'd prefer a les "controlled" environment for them and maybe a date closer to release. I think one week before release would be the perfect date for giving the game to youtubers, just like Paradox did for Cities Skylines and Pillars of Eternity. That'd show a lot of confidence in the product (giving the game away before release) while at the same time giving the fans the chance to avoid the stuff if they fear spoilers.

I guess this is somewhat different. The youtubers will be able to play the game but they won't be allowed to record their gameplay as they wish. That's why they have to come to Poland to play it at CDPR's office. So that they can tell their viewers (like a regular magazine preview) without really showing anything. It's not exactly what I had in mind when talking about giving the game to youtubers. But it's still a good move nevertheless to broaden the marketing channels... ;)

Yeah, I did. And I still think it's a good decision. Although I'd prefer a les "controlled" environment for them and maybe a date closer to release. I think one week before release would be the perfect date for giving the game to youtubers, just like Paradox did for Cities Skylines and Pillars of Eternity. That'd show a lot of confidence in the product (giving the game away before release) while at the same time giving the fans the chance to avoid the stuff if they fear spoilers.
I disagree with that. There is no reason to let youtubes play the game a few days or even a week before release. Pillars of Eternity is a small niche game and needed the publicity. Furthermore Bloodborne was coming out 2 days earlier.
Witcher is the only big game at this time(Batman Arkham Knight being the next one more than a month later) Most of the let's players will show it anyway. There are no preorder bonuses and there won't be a price drop a few days after release. I don't see why it's important for CD Project Red that people buy the game a few days before release instead of one or two days after release when people will play it regulary and the reviews will be out. If people want "not controlled" impressions they can just wait for the release date and buy the game a few days later.
If let's players start to play the game one week earlier, the internet will be full of spoilers and there is always a risk, that without DRM someone puts the game into the internet and it will be available before the offiicial release- a nightmare for Cd Project Red (and the honest buyers of the game)

Gopher (rpg lets' player, currently let's playing Witcher 1 on his channel) as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLCGlKkm9c8

And for the german fans.
PietSmiet (german let'S player, 1,8+ million subscriptions) will play the game live in a cinema in berlin on the 23rd April. It will be be published on youtube afterwards!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXFBT33h9Qw
Wow , they will play to the witcher 3 in a cinema on the 23rd April, its true???? That will be one great experience , yes lord:victory::w00t:

Last edited:
I disagree with that. There is no reason to let youtubes play the game a few days or even a week before release. Pillars of Eternity is a small niche game and needed the publicity. Furthermore Bloodborne was coming out 2 days earlier.
Well, it's certainly up to discussion whether it's "needed" or not. I just think it'd be a good thing, especially for the PC crowd.

Witcher is the only big game at this time(Batman Arkham Knight being the next one more than a month later) Most of the let's players will show it anyway. There are no preorder bonuses and there won't be a price drop a few days after release. I don't see why it's important for CD Project Red that people buy the game a few days before release instead of one or two days after release when people will play it regulary and the reviews will be out. If people want "not controlled" impressions they can just wait for the release date and buy the game a few days later.
That's all true. So why showing them the game now over in Poland. If there is absolutely no difference between buying the game now or buying the game after release there is no point in showing the game to both journalists or youtubers before release - at all. But it seems like CDPR does think that it's wise to market the game to people before release nevertheless. They obviously WANT people to preorder the game. So I don't think your argumentation makes much sense up to that point. Giving the game to youtubers shortly before release would just be another marketing effort, additionally adding to the hype and media/scene/public visibility of the title.

If let's players start to play the game one week earlier, the internet will be full of spoilers and there is always a risk, that without DRM someone puts the game into the internet and it will be available before the offiicial release- a nightmare for Cd Project Red (and the honest buyers of the game)
Of course there is a risk of spoilers. But be honest - that's always the case with let's plays. People who watch them already know that. If you want to avoid spoilers don't watch let's play videos. There is no difference to that rule whether you play games before official release or after it.

And I also disagree about the pirate argument. CDPR already said more than once that people who want to pirate will pirate anyway and that it's up to them to offer the best service and experience to convince players to buy the game from them. Giving out Cities Skylines one week before release obviously didn't hurt sales much since the game was sold more than a million times in the first week - although it was very much a special interest/niche title just for PC. The pirate argument is also invalid for their apparently biggest core audience now: console gamers. Giving out the game to youtubers (you can of course also always restrict yourself to some very famous youtubers who have to lose something by leaking stuff...) wouldn't interfere with console sales like at all since it's just about the PC version.

The only real problem I see here is maybe the "jealousy" of normal customers who don't want other people (streamers/youtubers/media/whoever) to play the game before they can. But that's stupid since the media will get the game before anyway for reviews. They could also leak the game just like a youtuber could.

I guess this is somewhat different. The youtubers will be able to play the game but they won't be allowed to record their gameplay as they wish. That's why they have to come to Poland to play it at CDPR's office. So that they can tell their viewers (like a regular magazine preview) without really showing anything. It's not exactly what I had in mind when talking about giving the game to youtubers. But it's still a good move nevertheless to broaden the marketing channels... ;)

Well, IGN and Gamespot also had to fly out to Poland so I dont think that is proof of anything. I wouldnt bet on the youtubers getting to shoot any footage of the game but I could also see them being allowed to under heavy restriction of what they can show.

Well, IGN and Gamespot also had to fly out to Poland so I dont think that is proof of anything. I wouldnt bet on the youtubers getting to shoot any footage of the game but I could also see them being allowed to under heavy restriction of what they can show.
Yeah, but that's not the same thing as streaming...it's just another way of doing a media "preview".

The nature of streaming is to show the thing "like it is". ;)

Top Bottom